View Full Version : Cherry Blossom Competition

jenlyon60
03-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Here is a link to the web page with the announcement. There is a full slate of events, ranging from standard track to Adult track and "Adult Special" (aka Young Adult).

http://www.crcskating.org/cherry.html

I will be there as a volunteer on the weekend but not skating.

skatingatty
03-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi-
Jen Lyon, I remember your name from skating competitions, but I can't remember what you look like. I just joined this forum and am glad to see so many adult skaters here. I will be competing at Cherry Blossom for the 1st time. It sounds like a really big competition, especially if they're charging spectators too. I'll be in the Silver I Ladies competition. I lived in the northern VA area (took lessons at Fairfax Ice Arena) up until a few years ago, so it's always great to be back in the area.
Judy

erdehoff
03-05-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm planning to compete in the Adult Special category.

MQSeries
03-05-2004, 10:36 AM
I saw the senior ladies and men event last year. It was nice seeing these unknown skaters, and it was also fun seeing some famous coaches in this relatively rinky-dink rink, compared to the big arenas that they used to competing in.

skatingatty
03-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Is anyone else here planning to compete at Cherry Blossom in adult events? How many adults competed last year? I think I'll do a search on the net to find out. I haven't sent in my application yet, and $85 is kind of steep.