View Full Version : Learning forward camel?

Anita18
07-18-2002, 01:49 PM
How do you learn one without actually doing one? I asked a couple of skaters at my rink, and they said, "Uh, just try it!" and I did and it was pathetic! Only got around once before I leaned too far to the inside. I mean, my balance was getting better yesterday (my second day of really trying it) but it feels weird! Soooo...how did you learn a camel? :wink:

Anita

TashaKat
07-18-2002, 01:54 PM
[quote:3b02724327="Anita18"]How do you learn one without actually doing one? I asked a couple of skaters at my rink, and they said, "Uh, just try it!" and I did and it was pathetic! Only got around once before I leaned too far to the inside. I mean, my balance was getting better yesterday (my second day of really trying it) but it feels weird! Soooo...how did you learn a camel? :wink:

Anita[/quote:3b02724327]

To be honest ...... get your coach to teach it to you! I have struggled for AGES with the camel and now 'have' it (to a degree, it's still prone to disappearing for a day or so). My coach has ironed out SO many problems that I've almost had to relearn the damn thing. Getting tips once you've been taught it is one thing, personally (and I don't want to sound mean here) I wouldn't touch it until I'd been shown how to do it properly :)

L x

dani
07-18-2002, 02:22 PM
[quote:fdb9a9f53b="TashaKat"][quote:fdb9a9f53b="Anita18"]How do you learn one without actually doing one? I asked a couple of skaters at my rink, and they said, "Uh, just try it!" and I did and it was pathetic! Only got around once before I leaned too far to the inside. I mean, my balance was getting better yesterday (my second day of really trying it) but it feels weird! Soooo...how did you learn a camel? :wink:

Anita[/quote:fdb9a9f53b]

To be honest ...... get your coach to teach it to you! I have struggled for AGES with the camel and now 'have' it (to a degree, it's still prone to disappearing for a day or so). My coach has ironed out SO many problems that I've almost had to relearn the damn thing. Getting tips once you've been taught it is one thing, personally (and I don't want to sound mean here) I wouldn't touch it until I'd been shown how to do it properly :)

L x[/quote:fdb9a9f53b]

Hey Tashakat, I have been meaning to ask, how many eyelashes do you have anyway? ;-)

Hugs!
Danielle

ps) For anyone that doesn't understand, find the quotes thread and now I really hope I remembered the *right* spin ;-)

TashaKat
07-18-2002, 02:28 PM
[quote:dde8794611="dani"]
Hey Tashakat, I have been meaning to ask, how many eyelashes do you have anyway? ;-)

Hugs!
Danielle

ps) For anyone that doesn't understand, find the quotes thread and now I really hope I remembered the *right* spin ;-)[/quote:dde8794611]

LOL, not sure, she never told me! The first time was about the sit spin (I think) but has been used on practically every spin I've tried!