View Full Version : Hello

Althena
08-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Hello to everyone,

My post is going to probably seem a bit strange, but oh well. :)

I'm hoping there is someone or someones that can help me with a dilemma. First of all, I'm not an ice skater. Unfortunate circumstances prevent me from doing any kind of athletic activity. However, skating, whether it ice or rollerblading, I've always had an interest in.
Right now, I'm currently a college student whose number one goal is to become a writer of fiction. Anyway, getting to the point, I want to dearly write a story about either a male or female ice skater. Or perhaps a male/female pair skating team. The thing is, I know hardly anything about the sport other than what I've read in books and TV. I dearly would love to talk to another person (or more than one person) about the subject. Gain some facts and such things. Reading info in books and on the net is great, but I feel speaking to a person directly will gain me the most insightful and accurate information.

So, if anyone would be willing to take the time and talk to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Natalie

Perry
08-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I've been skating competitively since I was 4 (I'm now 16), and have dealt with everything -- coach changes, injuries, etc. I can help you with women's singles and dance (non-competitive), though not pairs or the adult aspect, if you're willing to talk over the internet and not the phone. PM if you're interested -- I don't want to post my screen name/email here.

Thin-Ice
08-25-2005, 02:40 AM
It might help if we knew what kinds of things you want to know... and how much time you think it might take.. one conversation, several over the course of a few months or an on-going process :?:

Good luck with your writing project!