View Full Version : I think I'm cheating

Tessie
02-16-2004, 07:45 PM
:roll: my toe loop. I just learned it. I don't have much hieght, but I believe that I turn first then jump. Also, I find that I bend my right leg at the knee versus pulling the leg around in front. So perhaps it's not a toe loop?:??

Mrs Redboots
02-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Well, I know mine isn't - it's what you might call a "toe waltz". But when I said that to my coach, he rather rudely said "Yes, but I don't think you can do it better just yet."

Everybody starts off by doing them as you describe, but they do improve. Usually. Don't worry about it too much, but make sure you do it every lesson and try to work in any corrections you get given. And if you can feel what you are doing wrong, that's a bonus!

Anyway, it has to be better than my salchow, which describes a tidy circle on the ice and then hops backwards...... I used to have a better one, but it's a case of "use it or lose it", and I do as few jumps as possible, these days.

Elsy2
02-17-2004, 08:16 PM
I think this will improve with time. After a while you might want to try a different entry. I do a right inside mohawk, then change feet and pick. It feel way different that doing a 3-turn entry. I feel like I can't cheat the entry as easily.

This jumps really doesn't give me a sense of a proper air position. I think that's what your are saying. Give it time, I'm sure it will improve!