View Full Version : Adult Competition "rules"

Terri C
02-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Since people are coming off both the New Years Invitational in DC and the Winter Classic in NYC, and will be preparing for Wyandotte/ and /or Sectionals soon, I thought it would be a great idea to pur together a list of "rules" about adult competitions!

1. When you get your results in your event, call the coach first!

2. Coaches, spouses and signifigant others are optional to borig to a competition.

3. It is good luck to wash your hair in freezing cold water the day of competition.

Anything else??

skaternum
02-16-2004, 06:56 PM
4. When somebody tells you that you won, you should believe them.

By the way, I'll soon be doing my annual posting of Observations From My First Adult Nationals. It also has some good words of advice. :D

dcden
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Actually, as a corollary to 4:

5. Before telling someone where they placed in an event, you should ask them if they've already seen the results, so that if the skater hasn't (and wants to see them first), they can run over to the posted results, and if they just want to know the results, you can just tell them. I personally prefer looking at the results firsthand rather than someone telling me.

TashaKat
02-17-2004, 03:37 AM
6. If you've not been following the results DON'T take your boots off just because you don't think that you've placed as you'll end up with them shouting out your name as you hurtle around to the other side of the rink leaving your partner trailing in your wake!

7. Don't sit round the other side of the rink when the presentation for your class is taking place if you haven't been following the results (as above!)

8. If you have a 'surprise' placing DON'T leave your partner three miles behind as you ..... hurtle around the rink .... you won the medal TOGETHER, you should appear for the presentation TOGETHER as it's rather embarrassing having to stand there for 5 minutes while you wait for him to catch up ;)

Mrs Redboots
02-17-2004, 09:57 AM
9. Take more water than you think you'll want to drink - someone else will inevitably have forgotten theirs.

10. HAVE FUN. If you don't have fun skating, nobody's going to have fun watching you. And at the end of the day, if you skate badly, so what?

sk8pics
02-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
9. Take more water than you think you'll want to drink - someone else will inevitably have forgotten theirs.

Hehehe... I lost not one but two bottles of water at the competition last weekend. After I'd lost the first, which I'd brought with me, my coach went and bought me another one. I had that one for awhile, then I lost it. By then I wasn't so freaked out, though, so I figured I could go buy my own water. :roll:

Pat

pennybeagle
02-17-2004, 11:51 PM
10. Don't hurry to change out of your skating outfit immediately after you are finished. I did this, and then ended up on the podium without my skating dress on and I was embarrassed as people took pictures of what probably looked like "2 skaters and one random person in street clothes." :oops:

pennybeagle
02-17-2004, 11:52 PM
oops, that should have been #11...