View Full Version : Hairstyles!!!HELP!

Justine_R
02-12-2004, 05:23 PM
I really ned some "cool" hairstyles for skating.
Im sick of the regular old hair tied back hair, I need something funky that won't take long to do!
If you know of any good websites please tell.
Thankyou!

flippet
02-12-2004, 08:24 PM
English, please. ;)

Carleenp
02-13-2004, 12:11 AM
How about buying one of those combs that can make a zig-zag part, then part your hair with it and tie the back in a low ponytail. Or do half up and half down with the zig-zag part?

Justine_R
02-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Justine_R
I really need some "cool" hairstyles for skating.
Im sick of the regular old hair tied back hair, I need something funky that won't take long to do!
If you know of any good websites please tell.
Thanks!

Mrs Redboots
02-13-2004, 06:34 AM
I recommend Stylee combs (http://www.stylee.com), of which I own a multitude.

Justine_R
02-13-2004, 06:36 AM
I edited it and quoted myself;)

flippet
02-13-2004, 10:00 AM
:D

garyc254
02-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Justine_R
I edited it and quoted myself;)

We'll get you civilized yet, Justine!!! ;) :D

Justine_R
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
:bow:

Roseline
02-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Perhaps this will give you some ideas?
http://beauty.about.com/cs/justupdos/

Elsy2
02-13-2004, 04:47 PM
I really like the look of french braids, and with a little practice it's easy to do yourself. If I can do it, anyone can :roll:

You start with a section of hair that you braid normally, then while holding the sections, you scoop a section from one side to add in to the braid with your thumb. You sort of use your thumb as a comb to part the new section of hair.

Hope this makes sense.....ask someone who knows how to french braid to show you, and in no time you will be able to do it. If your hair isn't too long, you can tuck the end of the braid up under and pin.

melanieuk
02-14-2004, 05:41 AM
What length is your hair now?
I got mine cut short and went totally blonde, then spent 2 years growing it again, dyed it brown, with highlights. :roll:
Don't cut your hair - it zaps your strength!!! ;)
Believe me, ponytails are easiest and IMO, prettiest, and you don't get such bad "rinkhair" with them.

Justine_R
02-14-2004, 12:23 PM
My hair is medium length-brown.

Mrs Redboots
02-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Are you allowed to use colours? Not permanent ones, I hasten to add (shocked looks from all the other mothers around!), but those funky "hair crayons" that come out as soon as you wash your hair? You could have great fun experimenting with what looks good, and if you find a look you like, keep it for competitions/tests.....

Justine_R
02-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow Mrs-Redboots great idea:D

Roseline
02-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Perhaps you just need some fancier "hair things" (as my daughters call them) to dress up your ponytail.

Check out http://www.goody.com for fancy (and quite inexpensive) ponytail holders, clips, etc. My daughter has (and loves) this one (http://www.goody.com/goody/consumer/jhtml/products/productdetail.jhtml?sku=42014&description=PONYTAILER%2C%20ROSE%20LEATHER&attributeId=GDATT_SUP40010&currentType=GDPROD002&nextType=noValue&cat=GDATT_SUP40007&counter=1&pageNumber=&whichPage=prodSubCat.jhtml).

My girls also will sometimes put a cute headband in their hair and then tie their hair back in a bun or a ponytail. It dresses it up a little bit.

You can also try changing the part in your hair. Instead of pulling the hair straight back or having a middle part, try parting it a little to the side. It makes it a little more sophisticated.

flippet
02-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey, Roseline, thanks for the Goody site! I was thinking of this accessory (http://www.goody.com/goody/consumer/jhtml/products/featuredProduct.jhtml;jsessionid=T5HAD4ZH4MV34CQHU BSCGWQKA4QHQIY4?whichPage=teens&_requestid=85794) , but couldn't figure out how to describe it!

I don't personally have it, but was so intrigued by it that I 'made' my own by looping ponytail holders around a central holder. I didn't do the greatest job playing with it, but I could see how it could work, and with practice, it would probably look pretty good. Click on the link below the picture to get style ideas. :)

mousey
02-15-2004, 05:46 PM
for practice, i find that a ponytail works the best. for synchro, we have a side part bun, or a zigzag part bun.

Justine_R
02-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Im going out to buy some goody products tonight

Schmeck
02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Between my two girls - 5 years of gymnastics for Icy, plus the skating and synchro, and now acro too, and Piglet's tap/ballet/jazz and acro, I feel like I've been making ponytails, pigtails, braids, and buns forever!

My favorite hairstyle - using small elastics, make a tiny ponytail on each side of the head, by the temples. Take some more hair behind each ponytail, and along with the ponytail, make a new one. If you do this down the sides of the head, towards the back, it's a very snug way of keeping the hair back. I used to finish it off with a big ponytail in back for Icy during her gymnastics days, but it works fine without the final ponytail for skating.

If I can find a photo of Icy with her hair this way, I'll try to scan it, and get a link here somehow!

Schmeck