View Full Version : Canadian Adult nationals

jp1andOnly
02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

I was just going over my forms to submit them before the deadline. Hey, at least i'm not waiting until the 26th (they are due on the 27)
When looking at the length of the free skate music I noticed that it seems to be longer than most adult competitions. For example, I'm entering class one where they have it listed as 2 min or 2.5 min +/- 10 sec. I was looking at other adult entry forms and noticed that my category would be 1.5 min or 2.0 min +/- 10 sec. (the competition in Kamloops form actually) Does anyone know why the program length is longer? Is it because there are less cateogories?

I cut my music for 2:36 sec and I'm hoping I don't have to cut it down any shorter since we are just doing the choreographing this week

I live in Vancouver so if anyone needs any info about things just let me know. Like I said above, I'm competing class one, age group one. Looking forward to meeting some of you

dorvalskater1
02-09-2004, 07:02 AM
I noticed that too, but for some reason it made sense to me. I guess it's because if you are doing skate canada test Prelim passed, most people go up to a 2+or- 10 second program and then JR BR, 2.5 +or- 10...it gives people a chance who are passed a level and are trying for the next to get the music up to what they will need. ? But it still seems a little off. Just a guess though.

Am I the only one who can't find a place that has to be signed by a clud officer stating that we are members in good standing etc? All other competition forms I've ever had signed had to have a signature (usually by the test chairperson).

PS: I am in the category that has 2.5-3min and I have 2:35min. So I am 5 sec past the minimum.

jp1andOnly
02-09-2004, 07:19 AM
I too couldn't find a spot for the test chair to sign. It was probably an oversight. Oh well, one less thing I have to worry about.

I actually am calling Skate Canada today because my skating club hasn't cashed my cheques yet and therefore my membership hasn't been paid (i just registered in Jan) I just want to clear it with them that its ok I submit my forms now and that they will recieve my fees once my club submits them. Gonna have to bug the registrar tonight :)

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by dorvalskater1
Am I the only one who can't find a place that has to be signed by a clud officer stating that we are members in good standing etc? All other competition forms I've ever had signed had to have a signature (usually by the test chairperson). I know this is a requirement under USFSA rules, but it never has to be done under NISA rules - a NISA membership number suffices. Perhaps that is the same here?

dorvalskater1
02-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Well, the Skate Canada forms I have had in the past 8 years all have had to be signed by an official. So I don't know...maybe I'll include it in case!

mousey
02-10-2004, 06:34 PM
im entered in the highschool event (held basically at the same time) and there was a form labelled wavier that the test chair had to sign.

StarshineXavier
03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
The entry list is now up. There are a lot more skaters than I had thought. It's quite inspiring. Best of luck to all competitors this weekend!! :D Go Team WOS! :D :D

Adult Nationals Entries (http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/starskate_adultentry.cfm)

Patsy
03-24-2004, 01:49 PM
*Patsy jumps up and down, trying to get JP1and only's attention! ;)

Please check your PM's for a message/question from me. Thanks

jp1andOnly
03-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Patsy,

I got it but I don't have time to reply at the moment. Once I finish competing this weekend I'll be able to help you out. My brain is a little stressed right now