View Full Version : Looking for computer comp. software, HELP!

Stormy
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm looking for a computer software program that can allow you to enter in skater's names/addresses/levels, etc. to use for a skating competition. The software would have to print out address labels, event listings sheets, things like that.

Does anyone know any kind of program that can do this? If your club has a competition, what kind of software/database do you use?

THANKS MUCH!! :)

blue111moon
02-05-2004, 01:56 PM
For years and years I ran my club's open (300 skaters, 550 starts on average) from an Appleworks database that I made up myself by just creating a field for every space on the entry form. I'm not chairing it anymore and my old Apple laptop bit the dust so the people who took over are now doing it in a Microsoft Access database.

The only program I've seen advertised for skating competitions was very expensive (over $500 and that was a few years ago!) and from what I saw, it did even do everything that the Appleworks database did.

I'm sure there are companies out there that will administrate a competition for you for a fee.

dbny
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM
ISI sells a program for competitions. I wrote one for skating schools, but haven't tackled competitions as I don't know enough about them. If you have MS Access, you can use it to do what you need, including printing labels.