View Full Version : You KNOW you love these lil questionnaires...

icenut84
07-17-2002, 08:48 AM
First survey I've started on this board!! Yay! :mrgreen:

First name: Rachel
Years skating: Nearly 1 1/2
No. of times a week you skate: Usually 1
Coach's name: Keith
Colour of boots: White
Colour of soakers: Black
Colour of guards: Bright pink and glittery
Colour of bag: Purple
Do you have a keyring on your bag: Yep, a little toy of Zippy from Rainbow
Make of boots: Risport
Make of blades: Have cheapies right now, hope to get Coronation Aces asap.
Have you ever competed: No
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1hr altogether
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 1hr 15-30m
What do you wear for skating: stretchy trousers and whatever top
Are you a Rinkside refugee: Yup

3 turns or mohawks: 3 turns
Left leg or right leg: Left
CW or CCW: CW

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Yep
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Which is hardest out of toe loop and salchow?
Favourite jump: Whichever is working! lol. Probably waltz jump cause it's the biggest.
Favourite spin: Only got upright so far
Favourite spiral: LBO

Do you do dance/have you ever: Yep
Do you do pairs/have you ever: No. Too tall.

Nicest comment you ever got: "You're very elegant"
People always ask: "Are you good?" (if they've never seen me) "Are you in competitions and stuff?" (if they have)
What move are you most proud of: My crossovers, 3 turns, pivots, and various edge things
What move are you working on: Loop and half loop, getting a good 1 foot spin from the proper entrance
What could you do straight away: most 3 turns, backward skating (came to me very easily)
What took forever and then clicked: Snowplough stop, BO edges
What's currently driving you potty: Nothing too bad at the moment, touch wood :) I'd like to get better blades though
Do you fall often: No, hardly ever
Favourite coach catchphrase: "That's better!!" growled so loud the whole rink can hear
Daftest accident you ever had: Spontaneously jumping onto the ice instead of stepping on and going straight over onto my backside. Also catching my toe and falling during the [i:1a576f31cc]Prelim foxtrot[/i:1a576f31cc] on the dance interval!
Worst accident you ever had: I haven't had any really bad ones, so I guess the worst are getting big bruises that didn't disappear for months

What inspired you to start skating: Torvill & Dean's performances in 94
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To learn backward crossovers, a really fast scratch spin, axels, and double toe loops
Have you achieved them yet: The crossovers! lol.
First competition you ever watched: 94 Europeans, dance competition
First show you ever saw live (if any): T&D's Face The Music tour in 94
How many skating tapes do you have: 27, plus a few with things like skating TV programmes on (i.e. not shows or competitions)
How many skating books do you have: 5
Who would you love the autobiography of: Tonya Harding or Elvis Stojko

All time favourite skater(s): Torvill & Dean
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Irina Slutskaya (though I love Michelle Kwan too - heck, I love everyone)
Favourite eligible mens skater: Evgeny Plushenko
Favourite eligible pair: Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
Favourite eligible dance team: Bourne & Kraatz
Favourite pros: Kurt Browning
Favourite commentator(s): Chris and Simon from British Eurosport

All time favourite dance routine: T&D's Encounter
All time favourite pairs routine: G&G's Reverie
All time favourite mens routine: Toss up between Plushy's Sex Bomb and Kurt's Singing in the Rain
All time favourite ladies routine: Tara Lipinski's Tiny Dancer

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Alexei over Todd in Worlds 01, G&P and U&Z over T&D in 94 Olympics, B&K not on the podium in 98 Olympics
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Tara over Michelle in 98 Olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Genius
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: I thought it could have gone either way
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, A&P, Honda, B&S, Cohen

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Plushenko, Bourne/Kraatz, Shen/Zhao, Irina or Michelle
Favourite skating websites: FSU, GoldenSkate, http://www.cyberus.ca/~karen/recskate/
Favourite quote: "Don't take life too seriously. No-one ever got out of it alive." - Bugs Bunny
Favourite skating quote: "I suppose there is no skater who has a greater justification for using the music from Gladiator." - Barry Davies on Elvis Stojko, 01 Worlds LP
What did you think of this survey: :mrgreen:

CanAmSk8ter
07-17-2002, 09:32 AM
First name: No comment
Years skating: 9
No. of times a week you skate: 6
Coach's name: No comment, I have more than one anyway
Colour of soakers: Leopard print
Colour of guards: Half pink, half blue
Colour of bag: Navy blue and red
Do you have a keyring on your bag: Not at the moment
Make of boots: Harlick Customs
Make of blades: MK Dance
Have you ever competed: Yes
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 2 1/2 hrs
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 10-12 hrs.
What do you wear for skating: Leggings and spandex top or tank top

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Yes but not anymore
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Double Lutz (3 times, LOL)
Favourite jump: Double Sal (going to try to get it back in Lake Placid)
Favourite spin: Was starting to work on change foot camel

Do you do dance/have you ever: Yes
Do you do pairs/have you ever: No; I wanted too, as I'm small, but my mom wouldn't let me as a kid. I plan to try eventually as an adult.

Nicest comment you ever got: "You looked just like Shae-Lynn when you do it that way!" (Granted, that was from my mom; I don't even remember what I was doing.)
People always ask: "So how do you compete if you don't have a partner?" (I do non-quals in solo divisions) "Do you get nervous when you compete?" (Not really)
What move are you most proud of: My Blues and Rocker Foxtrot at the moment, also that I can do a recognizable Quickstep and Argentine Tango
What move are you working on: Passing European Waltz and Intermediate MITF next month and Rocker Foxtrot in the fall
What could you do straight away: crossovers, bunny hops, LFO threes
What took forever and then clicked: Hickory Hoedown (I changed coaches at that point)
What's currently driving you potty: Blues choctaw, Westminster Waltz
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Ok, we're doing Golds tonight. Start thikning about which one you want to do".
Daftest accident you ever had: The usual, getting on the ice with guards on. (Has anyone NOT done that?)
Worst accident you ever had: Couple of sprained wrists, major bruises from learning axel. No stitches or broken bones though (knock on wood)

What inspired you to start skating: Kristi Yamaguchi and Nancy Kerrigan in Albertville in 1992
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To make it to Nationals and to pass my Gold dances
Have you achieved them yet: LOL no. But my coach doesn't see any reason why I can't get my Gold dances eventually.
First competition you ever watched: I remember watching skating on TV prior to 1992, but I have no idea what it would have been! I suppose I probably watched the 1988 Olympics.
First show you ever saw live (if any): Ice Capades Starring the California Raisins. Seriously. Probably 1988. First "real" show I ever saw was COI 1993.
How many skating tapes do you have: Probably about thirty. Three of those are of my shows and competitions.
How many skating books do you have: Probably about 20.
Who would you love the autobiography of: Usova and Zhulin or Bourne and Kraatz

All time favourite skater(s): Bourne and Kraatz
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Don't know, don't really follow ladies
Favourite eligible mens skater: Yagudin (I have to say that, I train at his rink, LOL)
Favourite eligible pair: Slae and Pelletier
Favourite eligible dance team: Bourne & Kraatz, w/o a doubt
Favourite pros: Roz Sumners, Brian Boitano

All time favourite dance routine: Shae and Vic's Riverdance
All time favourite pairs routine: G&G's Moonlight Sonata
All time favourite mens routine: Alexei's Winter
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle's Fields of Gold

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Shae and Vic 4th in Nagano and 3rd at Worlds that year
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: None off the top of my head! LOL
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Hilarious
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: I thought it could have gone either way, but I would have gone with Jamie and David
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, A&P were OK, didn't get to see many (thanks a lot, NBC :x )
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: SHAE AND VIC! Don't care who else, although I could go for I&Z
Favourite skating websites: FSU, this one, Frogs on Ice
Favourite quote: "The only disability in life is a bad attitude." Scott Hamilton. "But having a bad attitude can be fun." Me.
Favourite skating quote: "Everything I've been taught throughout my skating career is good skating is very evident in their qualities." Scott Hamilton on Shae and Vic during the FD, Nagano '98.

JDC1
07-17-2002, 11:10 AM
- Skaters Chat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First survey I've started on this board!! Yay!

First name: Nope :-)
Years skating: 10 months
No. of times a week you skate: 3-5
Coach's name:
Colour of soakers: Blue
Colour of guards: Red
Colour of bag: black
Make of boots: Jackson
Make of blades: MK
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1hr altogether
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 3-6 hours
What do you wear for skating: Leggings and top

Left leg or right leg: Right
CW or CCW: CCW

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: waltz
Favourite jump: don't have one yet
Favourite spin: don't even start
Favourite spiral: RFO

Do you do dance/have you ever: No
Do you do pairs/have you ever: No.

Nicest comment you ever got: "That's a beautiful spiral"
What move are you most proud of: sprials and 3 turns and waltz jump
What move are you working on: Loop, waltz, alternating 3's, brackets and spinning
What could you do straight away: spirals
What took forever and then clicked: RI 3 turns
What's currently driving you potty: spinning
Do you fall often: No
Daftest accident you ever had: Falling on my tail bone while virtually standing still, hurt for weeks
Worst accident you ever had: see above

What inspired you to start skating: A lot of things but ultimately Sept 11 (hokey but true)
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To spin and learn ina bauer and spread eagle
Have you achieved them yet: Nope
First competition you ever watched: I don't remember, somtime in the 70's
First show you ever saw live (if any): Hallmark Pro's 99 (?) the one Michelle K. won
How many skating tapes do you have: 8
How many skating books do you have: 3

All time favourite skater(s): Michelle Kwan
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Michelle Kwan
Favourite eligible mens skater: varies
Favourite eligible dance team: A&P

All time favourite dance routine: T&D's
All time favourite pairs routine: B&S - Thais - it's brillilant
All time favourite mens routine: Brian Boitano's Nessun Dorma
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle Kwan FOG

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Irina S. over Michelle K in last years GPF - ridiculous
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: B&S over S&P - I think they won fair and square
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Funny
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: B&S
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Weiss, Kwan and if not her Cohen
Favourite quote: "I don't believe in isms I believe in self" Ferris Buellers Day Off
Favourite skating quote: Sandra Bezic when she said " no one expresses the feeling of flight like MIchelle Kwan)

MissIndigo
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
First name: Mary
Years skating: Almost 2
No. of times a week you skate: shoot for 3
Coach's name: Jane
Colour of soakers: Cat Print
Colour of guards: Gold glitter
Colour of bag: royal blue
Do you have a keyring on your bag: Yes, an anime cat character
Make of boots: Risport
Make of blades: MK Pro
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 45 min
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 5-6 hrs/wk
What do you wear for skating: windbreaker pants and form fitting long sleeve tee
Are you a Rinkside refugee: Absotively

3 turns or mohawks: both equally good
Left leg or right leg: both equally good

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Loop
Favourite jump: Salchow
Favourite spin: Camel
Favourite spiral: RBO

Do you do pairs/have you ever: No

Nicest comment you ever got: I like to help beginning adult skaters with their spins. One nice guy told me, "Why are you taking lessons when you can spin like [i:96a4d668ca]that?[/i:96a4d668ca]" and "You've actually helped me improve my spins more than anyone!"
People always ask: "Do you compete?"
What move are you most proud of: Scratch spin, back outside pivot, my edges
What move are you working on: Loop with more consistency, flips, sit spins, layback spins
What could you do straight away: Back inside three's
What took forever and then clicked: Loopy loop jump
What's currently driving you potty: Loopy loop jump and chicken flip
Do you fall often: starting to fall more now
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Now I want you to practice squatting down for your sit spin every time you come to skate." I just don't like the sound of the word "squat." lol
Daftest accident you ever had: Leaving on my soakers and trying to stroke!
Worst accident you ever had: Nothing has really incapacitated me, but last summer I fell on a loop jump attempt and sprained both wrists and several fingers and had to drive home afterwards. Took me months to want to try that jump again.

What inspired you to start skating: Kitchen skating at the age of 4 after seeing the 1980 Olympics
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: Skate with power and controlled edges, have a fast scratch spin with feet crossed and arms overhead, do camels and laybacks
Have you achieved them yet: Power is improving all the time, I own the scratch spin, the camel is quite good, and layback is coming along
First competition you ever watched: 1980 Olympics
First show you ever saw live (if any): Disney's Magic Kingdom on Ice in 1983
How many skating tapes do you have: Just 1 :?
How many skating books do you have: 10
Who would you love the autobiography of: Carol Heiss, Tenley Albright...any of the great women of the 50's and early 60's who were really complete skaters with solid jumps and spins and [i:96a4d668ca]really fine edges[/i:96a4d668ca]

All time favourite skater(s): Todd Eldredge
Favourite eligible mens skater: Alexei Yagudin
Favourite eligible pair: Shen and Zhao
Favourite eligible dance team: Lang and Tchernyschev (sp?)
Favourite pros: Todd Eldredge
Favourite commentator(s): Don't know...they all kinda rattle my nerves

All time favourite dance routine: T&D's Bolero
All time favourite pairs routine: Don't really know
All time favourite mens routine: probably one of Paul Wylie's Apollo 13 numbers
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle's East of Eden

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Olympics '02 Pairs
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Not really controversial, but Sarah's surprise win at this year's olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Awesome
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Sale and Pelletier
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: I didn't watch (shame on me! :oops: )

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Honda, Bourne/Kraatz, Shen/Zhao, Michelle
Favourite skating websites: SkateWeb, Unseen Skaters
Favourite quote: "All that glitters has a high refractive index." Dunno who said it.
Favourite skating quote: My fave quote applies here too.
What did you think of this survey: 8)

TashaKat
07-17-2002, 12:23 PM
[b:7d2ad2d865]First name: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Lynne
[b:7d2ad2d865]Age: [/b:7d2ad2d865]38 ....... NEARLY 39 [b:7d2ad2d865][i:7d2ad2d865][color=darkblue:7d2ad2d865]boo hoo [/color:7d2ad2d865][/i:7d2ad2d865][/b:7d2ad2d865] :(
[b:7d2ad2d865]Location: [/b:7d2ad2d865]England
[b:7d2ad2d865]Years skating: [/b:7d2ad2d865]6.5 years
[b:7d2ad2d865]No. of times a week you skate: [/b:7d2ad2d865]4/5
[b:7d2ad2d865]Coach's name: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Madame & Sir (sorry, don't identify, once bitten twice shy!)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Colour of boots: [/b:7d2ad2d865]White (Dance), Purple (Free)

[img:7d2ad2d865]http://pictures.friendsreunited.co.uk/pictures/14720015.jpg[/img:7d2ad2d865]

[b:7d2ad2d865]Colour of soakers: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Yellow/Black leopard furry padded (Dance) and Blue/Black leopard furry (Free)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Colour of guards: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Marbled purpley colour
[b:7d2ad2d865]Colour of bag: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Bright yellow 'Cat' rucksack
[b:7d2ad2d865]Do you have a keyring on your bag: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Oh dear! A 'hug me' keyring and a toy turtle that vibrates when you pull it's tail (presents from nieces)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Make of boots: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Harlick customs
[b:7d2ad2d865]Make of blades: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Gold Seal (Free), MK Dance (erm, Dance)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Have you ever competed: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Yes
[b:7d2ad2d865]Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): [/b:7d2ad2d865]about 2.25 hours
[b:7d2ad2d865]Amount of practice/play time p/w: [/b:7d2ad2d865]I've cut RIGHT DOWN so am only doing about 7.5 now!
[b:7d2ad2d865]What do you wear for skating: [/b:7d2ad2d865]catsuits + skirt/leos & tights + skirt/dresses/skating leggings
[b:7d2ad2d865]Are you a Rinkside refugee: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Yep

[b:7d2ad2d865]3 turns or mohawks: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Mohawks
[b:7d2ad2d865]Left leg or right leg: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Depends what I'm doing
[b:7d2ad2d865]CW or CCW: [/b:7d2ad2d865]CCW but was told after 4 years that I probably should have been taught CW (do acrobatics CW)
[b:7d2ad2d865]
Do you do freestyle/have you ever: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Yes
[b:7d2ad2d865]Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Well, not quite CLEANLY but I ONCE (and never again) landed a 2flip by mistake! Was going for a 2toe (which I've NEVER landed and did a 2flip by mistake) ..... I didn't even realise until coach picked her chin up off the floor and told me what I'd done. UNFORTUNATELY I've never been able to repeat that particular performance :( Hardest jump that I 'can' land is the Lutz
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite jump: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, probably axel and 2 loop even though I've not 'got' them yet
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite spin: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Cross toe (aka scratch)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite spiral: [/b:7d2ad2d865]RBO pick up and LFO-LFI change of edge

[b:7d2ad2d865]Do you do dance/have you ever: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Yes
[b:7d2ad2d865]Do you do pairs/have you ever: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Had a few lessons, LOVED IT, unfortunately I don't have a coach to teach me. Would LOVE to do Pairs again ...... need to lose a lot of weight as well though!

[b:7d2ad2d865]Nicest comment you ever got: [/b:7d2ad2d865]"You skate like a dancer now" - it WASN'T meant as a compliment as it was just after I'd passed my Prelim Free but I took it as a compliment!
People always ask: "Are you a professional?" "Will you teach me?" "Have you been in the Olympics?" - that don't know me and can't skate. Once I got (about my ex-British Champion coach) "Is that boy your partner?" - I'm not sure if it was an insult to him or a compliment to me ;) and people who know me "Why aren't you practising 'x' .... you'll never get it if you don't practise it"
[b:7d2ad2d865]What move are you most proud of: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Nothing at the moment, I'm BORED with my skating and don't feel like I've improved for ages
[b:7d2ad2d865]What move are you working on: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, lots of stuff but mainly 'Inter-Bronze' stuff (Free, Field Moves and Elements) and Inter-Silver compulsories. Also doing twizzles and 3-turns of all descriptions.
[b:7d2ad2d865]What could you do straight away: [/b:7d2ad2d865]3-jump (aka waltz jump)
[b:7d2ad2d865]What took forever and then clicked: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Loop and HOPEFULLY Backspin and Axel .... purleeeeeze :)
[b:7d2ad2d865]What's currently driving you potty: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Everything plus not being totally healthy and having crook knee oh, and work!
[b:7d2ad2d865]Do you fall often: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Not often but it seems to go in phases.
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite coach catchphrase: [/b:7d2ad2d865]There are SOOOOOO many and they're ALL funny!
[b:7d2ad2d865]Daftest accident you ever had: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Tripping over my toe on the Canasty Tango and falling on my knee shortly after passing my Bronze compulsories (the embarrassment!)
[b:7d2ad2d865]Worst accident you ever had: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Suspected skull fracture, humungous black bruise down the left side of my head/back of ear and neck + 10 days of concussion, oh and not to forget the tennis-ball sized lump on my head after I stood on my own (free) blade when trying to get my feet closer together on the 14-step mohawk!

[b:7d2ad2d865]What inspired you to start skating: [/b:7d2ad2d865] Was going to do Hockey because my ex-pig was a semi-pro hockey player. After 2 whiplash injuries I realised that I didn't even enjoy it, took a group lesson at an outdoor rink and fell in love
[b:7d2ad2d865]When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: [/b:7d2ad2d865]To skate backwards
[b:7d2ad2d865]Have you achieved them yet: [/b:7d2ad2d865] LOL, long time ago, my 'aim' is now to get out a couple of doubles before I die ;)
[b:7d2ad2d865]First competition you ever watched:[/b:7d2ad2d865] World pro championships in 1996 (I think, it was at the London Arena near where I lived at the time)
[b:7d2ad2d865]First show you ever saw live (if any):[/b:7d2ad2d865] Erm, oh, yes, the Nutcracker on Ice ...... at the London Arena ;)
[b:7d2ad2d865]How many skating tapes do you have:[/b:7d2ad2d865]Loads
[b:7d2ad2d865]How many skating books do you have: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, dunno, just bought another one though!
[b:7d2ad2d865]Who would you love the autobiography of: [/b:7d2ad2d865] Robin Cousin's one was FANTASTIC!

[b:7d2ad2d865]All time favourite skater(s): [/b:7d2ad2d865]Robin Cousins
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite eligible ladies skater: [/b:7d2ad2d865] Pass
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite eligible mens skater: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Pass
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite eligible pair: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Pass
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite eligible dance team: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Pass
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite pros: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Robin, Denise Biellman, saw Dorothy Hamill (is that right? sounds wrong? have I got names mixed up?) once on tv, she was FABULOUS
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite commentator(s): [/b:7d2ad2d865]Pass

[b:7d2ad2d865]All time favourite dance routine: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, T&D "face the music" and most of A&P's
[b:7d2ad2d865]All time favourite pairs routine: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm ...... can't remember ..... saw someone do "Tears in Heaven" once (a pro pair), can't remember who but I liked it!
[b:7d2ad2d865]All time favourite mens routine: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, dunno. Clive Shorten (ex-British Men's and Pairs) does some great exhibition numbers, he did 'Flying Without Wings' which was awesome. I like most of his exhibition stuff, he's a very nice skater.
[b:7d2ad2d865]All time favourite ladies routine: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Oh, oh, erm, oh, bum, can't remember

[b:7d2ad2d865]Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: [/b:7d2ad2d865]T&D 94
[b:7d2ad2d865]Which controversial decisions did you agree with: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Erm, pass
[b:7d2ad2d865]What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Not my taste
[b:7d2ad2d865]Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: [/b:7d2ad2d865]dunno
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite exhibitions from SLC: [/b:7d2ad2d865]dunno

[b:7d2ad2d865]Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: [/b:7d2ad2d865]Not bothered
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite skating websites: [/b:7d2ad2d865]here, mine (http://www.geocities.com/lynne_99_uk) ....... lots
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite quote: [/b:7d2ad2d865] My niece's comment to me - see sig!
[b:7d2ad2d865]Favourite skating quote: [/b:7d2ad2d865]dunno

TashaKat
07-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Sorry! Don't know how I managed to post it TWICE!

melanieuk
07-17-2002, 12:29 PM
First name: Melanie
Years skating: altogether 4.5 years
No. of times a week you skate: Usually 3-4
Coach's name:
Colour of boots: beige
Colour of soakers: maroon
Colour of guards: blue
Do you have a keyring on your bag: no
Make of boots: Klingbeil - custom made
Make of blades: Ace
Have you ever competed: twice when I was a child
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 40 mins
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 6 hours
What do you wear for skating: nike pants
Are you a Rinkside refugee: Yes

3 turns or mohawks: mohawks
Left leg or right leg: right

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Yes
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: lutz
Favourite jump: lutz
Favourite spin: camel
Favourite spiral: RfO

Do you do dance/have you ever: as a child basic dances

Nicest comment you ever got: "Are you a coach?!!" 8O
People always ask: have Ii got my axel back yet?
What move are you most proud of: lutz
What move are you working on: backspin
What could you do straight away: cant remember back to when i was 10
What took forever and then clicked: parallel
What's currently driving you potty: backspin as always
Do you fall often: usually on spins!!! :roll:
Favourite coach catchphrase: That's a nice light lutz :wink:
Daftest accident you ever had: falling on my knees, slipping off my knees and landing on my chin (axel)
What inspired you to start skating: nothing, I just went one day, and never looked back, till I quit! :cry:
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: to have fun. I did want to jump and spin though.
Have you achieved them yet: I really wanted doubles.
First competition you ever watched: open at my club
First show you ever saw live (if any): I am positive T&D came to my rink once for a show there (at least 23 years ago), but it could be my memory playing tricks.
How many skating tapes do you have: a few
How many skating books do you have: 2
Who would you love the autobiography of: any

All time favourite skater(s): robin cousins
Favourite eligible ladies skater:
Favourite eligible mens skater: stephane lambiel
Favourite eligible dance team: still like A&P
Favourite pros: don't know

Good survey. :wink:

lisabelle
07-17-2002, 01:19 PM
First name: lisa
Years skating: one ish
No. of times a week you skate: as few as 2, as many as 4
Coach's name:
Colour of soakers: leopard. i saw these red sequined ones i want to get though
Colour of guards: sparkle fuschia :)
Do you have a keyring on your bag: yea like 7 of them
Make of boots: sp teri
Make of blades: coronation comet
Have you ever competed: nah but maybe soon
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 30 min to an hour
Amount of practice/play time p/w: depends. right now usually about 3 hours
What do you wear for skating: stretchy pants, dresses, skirts, tights and shorts...i'll all over the map
Are you a Rinkside refugee: yes and darn proud of it

Left leg or right leg: depends on the move

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: axel but i dont have it consistent yet.
Favourite jump: flip
Favourite spin: sit
Favourite spiral: LFO

Do you do dance/have you ever: no
Do you do pairs/have you ever:no

Nicest comment you ever got: there are lots my coach is very optimistic
People always ask: how old are you?
What move are you most proud of: spirals and jumps
What move are you working on: axel, 2sal, back camel, my program
What could you do straight away: a lot of things
What took forever and then clicked: lutz!
What's currently driving you potty: lutz! (i had it perfect and then it went to hades....)
Do you fall often: if you're not falling you're not learning (in other words, yes! but i'm good at falling, as my coach says. ie, am relaxed so that i "just fall" and dont get hurt)
Favourite coach catchphrase: "stay sideways!!"
Daftest accident you ever had: going on the ice with my guards on...which is quite normal except that I KNEW my guards were on...i just didn't feel like taking them off
Worst accident you ever had: falling on a spiral and landing all on my knee. ouch. dont ever try that.

What inspired you to start skating: well my feet turned in when i was little, so i was on skates at 18 mo...and i fell in love with it. i started on roller skates to avoid surgery and i dont even know how i got into figure skating...i dont remember not loving it
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: all doubles, and pass senior tests
Have you achieved them yet: hahaha.
First competition you ever watched: no idea
First show you ever saw live (if any): COI 98, i just HAD to go see tara
How many skating tapes do you have: just a couple
How many skating books do you have: same as above
Who would you love the autobiography of: eh anyone i guess

All time favourite skater(s): Sarah Hughes
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Sarah Hughes
Favourite eligible mens skater: Alexei
Favourite eligible pair: Spielberg and Joeright
Favourite eligible dance team: Belbin and Agosto
Favourite pros: Tara!, Kurt, Kristi
Favourite commentator(s): Dick BUtton makes me laugh

All time favourite dance routine: dont follow dance that much
All time favourite pairs routine: S&P at 2001 Worlds
All time favourite mens routine: Alexei from this year
All time favourite ladies routine: Sarah Hughes, Nessun Dorma

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Irina over Michelle in GPF 2nd long (i know irina would have won anyway it's just the principle of the thing)
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Tara over Michelle in 98 Olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: ew i'm not a fan of plush either
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: toss up. i wouldn't have had a problem with results either way. cheating=bad, media=bad
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Michelle Kwan

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Sarah
Favourite skating websites: skate web and don korte's
Favourite quote: "in spite of it all i still believe people are good at heart" anne frank and "i know too late what i have truly lost" amy tan
Favourite skating quote: if you're not falling your not learning :)
What did you think of this survey: i like talking about me :)

Mrs Redboots
07-17-2002, 01:59 PM
First name: Annabel
Years skating: 7
Coach's name: Glyn
Colour of soakers: Red and black
Colour of guards: green
Colour of bag: Blue
Do you have a keyring on your bag: No
Make of boots: Gams
Make of blades: Team Precision
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1hr
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 4-6 hours
What do you wear for skating: Practice-skirt, T-shirt, tights, pants.

3 turns or mohawks: Both, at the moment
CW or CCW: anti-clockwise

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Some
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: 3-jump????
Favourite jump: 3 jump. It's the only one I can do.
Favourite spin: What spin?
Favourite spiral: RFI

Do you do pairs/have you ever: Tried it, scared me witless.

Nicest comment you ever got: "You've lost weight!"
People always ask: "Aren't you brave!"
What move are you most proud of: Winning in Dunkerque last year
What move are you working on: Back cross-rolls, Back cross-cuts, Forwards changes of edge, Mohawks, basics.
What could you do straight away: Nothing
What took forever and then clicked: Everything
What's currently driving you potty: Mohawks, backwards skating
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Push yourself!"
Daftest accident you ever had: When my husband kicked my blade out from underneath me, so I landed on the ice from a Great Height.
Worst accident you ever had: When I was just beginning to skate, I tried to turn round and fell hard on one arm, crushing it. No real damage, but it was sore for weeks.
What inspired you to start skating: My daughter and an email friend
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To learn backward crossovers.
Have you achieved them yet: The crossovers.
First competition you ever watched: John Curry in whatever Olympics that was.
First show you ever saw live (if any); Peter Pan on Ice at Olympia, sometime between 1957 and 1965! Actually, at least twice!
How many skating tapes do you have: Never counted
How many skating books do you have: Don't know
Who would you love the autobiography of: Already have T& Ds
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Irina Slutskaya
Favourite eligible dance team: Towler-Green & Burgerman (not yet qualified for Europeans or Worlds)
Favourite pros: Don't know.
(oh, how I miss British Eurosport since the demise of ITVDigital)

All time favourite dance routine: T&D's Bolero
All time favourite pairs routine: That Adams Family one last year
All time favourite mens routine: Any Candeloro one.
All time favourite ladies routine: Don't know.

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Can't remember
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Can't remember
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Very funny
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Didn't see the competition, so can't comment.
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Anissina and Pezerat.
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Don't mind.
Favourite skating websites: This one
Favourite quote: "God works all things together for good"
Favourite skating quote: Can;'t thing of one.
What did you think of this survey: Not a lot..... why did I fill it in? So I didn't have to dish up supper! :roll:

garyc254
07-17-2002, 04:14 PM
First name: Gary
Years skating: 10 months
Coach's name: Susie & Karen
Colour of boots: Black
Colour of soakers: Red
Colour of guards: Blue
Colour of bag: Grey
Make of boots: SP Teri
Make of blades: Club 2000
Have you ever competed:
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1-1/2 - 2 hrs
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 7 hours
What do you wear for skating: Blue jeans, sport shirt, jacket or sweater

3 turns or mohawks: Both
Left leg or right leg:
CW or CCW: Don't jump or spin (yet)

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Some
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly:
Favourite jump:
Favourite spin:
Favourite spiral:

Nicest comment you ever got: "You're doing well for only skating a short time"
People always ask: "What did you hurt this week?"
What move are you most proud of: Mohawk
What move are you working on: Back edges, back cross-cuts
What could you do straight away: Stay vertical, sometimes
What took forever and then clicked: Mohawk
What's currently driving you potty: Back 3 turns
Do you fall often: Occasionally
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Keep your shoulders back"
Daftest accident you ever had: On my second lesson, I fell backward. My toe pick got caught on the zipper pull from my jacket and I laid on the ice like a turtle on his back until my coach unhooked me.
Worst accident you ever had: Fell trying to learn a 3 turn and broke my wrist.
What inspired you to start skating: Got tired of watching my girlfriend skate while I sat rinkside.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To skate backwards and to have fun.
Have you achieved them yet: Yes
First competition you ever watched: On TV, I can't remember back that far, but it was well over 40 years ago.
First show you ever saw live (if any); Champions on Ice 2002
How many skating tapes do you have: CD's = 2
How many skating books do you have: 1
Who would you love the autobiography of: Not sure
All time favourite skater(s):
Favourite eligible mens skater: Matt Savoia (he's from the Midwest, too)
Favourite eligible pair:
Favourite eligible dance team:
Favourite pros:
Favourite commentator(s):

All time favourite dance routine:
All time favourite pairs routine:
All time favourite mens routine:
All time favourite ladies routine:

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Lots
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Don't know
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: ???
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Canada
Favourite exhibitions from SLC:
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03:
Favourite skating websites: USFSA.com
Favourite quote:
Favourite skating quote: "Don't hurt yourself" (My coach)
What did you think of this survey:

SusanaO
07-17-2002, 07:01 PM
First name: Susana
Years skating: 5 months
No. of times a week you skate: 2 or 3
Coach's name: Walter
Colour of soakers: Red
Colour of guards: Purple
Colour of bag: Pink
Make of boots: Reidell 320's
Make of blades: Don't remember, came with the boots
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 2 hrs
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 1 hour
What do you wear for skating: jogging pants

3 turns or mohawks: Mohawks
CW or CCW: Don't jump or spin (yet)

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: trying to
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly:
Favourite jump:
Favourite spin:
Favourite spiral:

Nicest comment you ever got: "You've got good balance" "nice edges"
People always ask: "You skate???" :roll:
What move are you most proud of: Mohawk
What move are you working on: 3 turns
What could you do straight away: forward crossovers right over left only
What took forever and then clicked: Mohawk
What's currently driving you potty: FI 3 turns
Do you fall often: Occasionally
Favourite coach catchphrase:
Daftest accident you ever had: A hockey guy kicked my blades from underneath me and I fell on top of him.
Worst accident you ever had: Nothing serious. Fell trying to learn a 3 turn and scared the heck out of my 5 yr old daughter.
What inspired you to start skating: My daughter.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To spin and have fun with my daughter.
Have you achieved them yet: Just the fun part.
First competition you ever watched: Dorothy Hamil in the Olympics.
First show you ever saw live (if any): None
How many skating tapes do you have:
Who would you love the autobiography of:
All time favourite skater(s):
Favourite eligible mens skater:
Favourite eligible pair:
Favourite eligible dance team:
Favourite pros:
Favourite commentator(s):

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with:
Which controversial decisions did you agree with:
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC:
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Yagudin
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03:
Favourite skating websites:
Favourite quote:
Favourite skating quote: "Everybody is going to laugh at you if you wear a skating dress" (My daughter)
What did you think of this survey:

icesk8er31
07-17-2002, 08:50 PM
First name:
Years skating: 4.5
No. of times a week you skate: Usually 3
Coach's name: Christina
Colour of soakers: Turquoise
Colour of guards: Turquoise
Colour of bag: Black
Make of boots: Reidell for now, hopefully custom Klingbeils soon
Make of blades: Pattern 99 (love them!!!)
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 20 minutes
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 5 hours
What do you wear for skating: yoga pants and tee shirt

3 turns or mohawks: After prodding by coach, either.
Left leg or right leg: Again, after prodding, either

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Only do freestyle
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Lutz, although it was pretty pathetic.
Favourite jump: The loop when I'm "on"
Favourite spin: Camel when I'm "on"
Favourite spiral: LF outside to inside (but I'm no MK!)

Nicest comment you ever got: You've got great arms.
People always ask: Can you do a triple axel?
What move are you most proud of: Ina Bauer, back outside pivot
What move are you working on: sit spin, flip and lutz
What could you do straight away: Fall!
What took forever and then clicked: loop
What's currently driving you potty: Backspin, backspin, backspin
Do you fall often: I used to never fall, but have been more so recently. My coach says I'm becoming a more aggressive skater, hence the falls.
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Honey, what was that?"
Daftest accident you ever had: falling on slaloms.
Worst accident you ever had: Concussion and cracked cheekbone on a scratch spin

What inspired you to start skating: Always wanted to start, now-ex boyfriend saw how much I enjoyed watching it on TV and gave me a session of group lessons for my 27th b'day.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: I don't think I thought about it. I just wanted to have fun and not die.
Have you achieved them yet: So far! :)
First competition you ever watched: ????
First show you ever saw live (if any): Stars on Ice
How many skating tapes do you have: None
Who would you love the autobiography of: Aren't these guys pretty much picked apart anyway?

All time favourite skater(s): Kurt Browning
Favourite eligible mens skater: Yagudin
Favourite eligible pair: Was Sale and Pelltier but they've gone pro.
Favourite eligible dance team: None (I know I'm a pariah, but I really don't enjoy dance.)
Favourite commentator(s): Anyone who can shut up for more than 5 seconds at a time!

All time favourite dance routine: N/A
All time favourite pairs routine: Love Story, Anything G&G
All time favourite mens routine: Brick House, Kurt Browning
All time favourite ladies routine: MK "Fields of Gold", Nikodinov "Just for You"

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Oksana over Nancy 94, Tara over Michelle, 98.
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Hideous. He makes me cringe.
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: S&P

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Kwan - so she can go out on top, Yagudin, I/Z
Favourite skating websites: Besides this one, FSW (the new one, not the money grubbing one. :)
Favourite quote: "Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. You need to remember that when you find yourself at the beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up...and it will too."
Favourite skating quote: "Well, if you needed something from the refridgerator, now would be a good time to get it." Dick Button during some poor girl's skate at Nationals.
What did you think of this survey: :D The bad thing is it may make me look like a Kwan fanatic, which I'm really not.

Dustin
07-17-2002, 09:20 PM
First name: Rachel
Years skating: 6
No. of times a week you skate: 7-15 hours
Coach's name: 3 different ones
Colour of bag: Black (Yeah, yeah, I like things to match)
Do you have a keyring on your bag: Nope
Make of boots: SP-Teri
Make of blades: Gold Seal
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 2
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 7-15 Hours
What do you wear for skating: Blue Skys pants and a long sleeve shirt
Are you a Rinkside refugee: Nope

3 turns or mohawks: mohawk

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: 3 toe
Favourite jump: 2 lutz
Favourite spin: death drop

Do you do pairs/have you ever: Not really

Nicest comment you ever got: "You're a good skater"
People always ask: "Can you do a 3 axel?" and of course I do a single axel and say it is a 3 - like they can really tell ;)
What move are you most proud of: death drop - lots of hard falls to get ;)
What move are you working on: getting 2 axel consistent and working on 3 sal and 3 toe
What could you do straight away: spins, waltz jump
What took forever and then clicked: Tstop, backward crossovers
What's currently driving you potty: grrr entrance edge on 2 axel
Do you fall often: YES on 2 axel!
Favourite coach catchphrase: "You were looking down at the ice in the jump again"
Daftest accident you ever had: I caught an edge going to a flying camel in my first out-of-town competition in the middle of my program and kasplat right on the stomach.
Worst accident you ever had: I fell flat back on a pose and bruised the tailbone - it took over a year to heal

What inspired you to start skating: Lipinski's and Eldredge's performances at '96 Worlds
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: Get to the Olympics
Have you achieved them yet: Nah - may take a LONG time ;)
First competition you ever watched: 96 Worlds
First show you ever saw live (if any): SOI a LONG time ago ;)
How many skating tapes do you have: 7 - I just combined all tapes onto one, taking out all commercials
How many skating books do you have: 7
Who would you love the autobiography of: Sasha Cohen (if she had one), TOdd Eldredge

All time favourite skater(s): Sasha Cohen
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Sasha Cohen
Favourite eligible pair: was S&P, now B&S
Favourite pros: Tara Lipinski
Favourite commentator(s): Dick Button

All time favourite dance routine: I don't really have a set favorite
All time favourite pairs routine: S&Ps Love Story
All time favourite mens routine: Alexei's Winter
All time favourite ladies routine: Sasha's My Sweet and Tender Beast Waltz

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Alexei over Todd in Worlds 01, S&P at 2002 Olympics, B&K not on the podium in 98 Olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Yucky
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Cohen, Yagudin, Hughes

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Weir, Bourne/Kraatz, B&S, Sasha
Favourite skating websites: this, PairsOnIce.com
Favourite quote: Ummm....
Favourite skating quote: Not sure...
What did you think of this survey: lol, what a quesiton :P

lisabelle
07-17-2002, 09:22 PM
dustin i didn't know your first name was really rachel ;)

footloose
07-17-2002, 11:15 PM
Kay, I'm bored...:D

First name: Cate
Years skating: 9? Maybe? Including CanSkate
No. of times a week you skate: anywhere from 3-6
Coach's name: Maureen
Colour of guards: 1/2 bright yellow, other 1/2 bright orange
Do you have a keyring on your bag: no, but lots of patch thingys from various places/competitions
Make of boots: Gam (freeskate) and Risport (Dance. .. but haven't used them in a while... badly in need of male! :))
Make of blades: MK Professional Freestyle and Jackson Gold Dance (or something to that effect)
Have you ever competed: yup
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): depends on whether my coach decides to show up!
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 8-ish hours
What do you wear for skating: black jazz pants, black tank top, bright pink mitts :D yes, I'm odd
Are you a Rinkside refugee: I was a Lurker, so sorta

3 turns or mohawks: mohawks

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: double sal is hardest for me, but "actual" hardest would be dbl lutz
Favourite jump: double flip
Favourite spiral: LFI or RB catch foot thingy

Do you do pairs/have you ever: Nope, I don't do heights... I have enough on my own!

Nicest comment you ever got: "Someone find that girl a dance partner!" (yes, someone please do!!!!!)
People always ask: "Where's your coach?" (seriously!)
What move are you most proud of: hydroblading :o) taught by the master
What move are you working on: split jump-dbl sal-dbl toe combo ...I keep tripping myself! I guess it would help if my sal weren't cheated, huh?
What could you do straight away: I don't remember, I now I loved the prelim dances, but that wasn't really "right away"
What took forever and then clicked: jumps, especially the loop
What's currently driving you potty: salchows!
Do you fall often: YES
Favourite coach catchphrase: "That's the idea!" usually while I'm sitting on the ice :)
Daftest accident you ever had: Falling on a pivot in my Skills Class 4 test
Worst accident you ever had: just a few physio-requiring knee things, nothing too bad

What inspired you to start skating: childhood boredom!
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: touring as an ice dancer
Have you achieved them yet: not even close!
First competition you ever watched: 93 Worlds
First show you ever saw live (if any): CSOI in 93
How many skating tapes do you have: I can't count that high!
How many skating books do you have: at least 20...
Who would you love the autobiography of: Pasha Grishuck, or Sale & Pelletier

All time favourite skater(s): Liz Manley, Bourne & Kraatz, Alexei Yagudin
Favourite eligible ladies skater: I don't really follow ladies much, but I'd say Sasha Cohen
Favourite eligible mens skater: Alexei Yagudin (does he count, if he's not actually competing?)
Favourite eligible pair: Ina & Zimmerman
Favourite eligible dance team: Bourne & Kraatz or Lang & Tchernyshev
Favourite pros: Liz Manley, Brasseur & Eisler
Favourite commentator(s): none, they're all evil! (I yell at Tracy Wilson to shut up :P)

All time favourite dance routine: Bourne & Kraatz's 2001 OD, Grishuck & Platov's 97 tango OD
All time favourite pairs routine: Wirtz's Sarah Brightman exhibition (sooo cute!)
All time favourite mens routine: Alexei's Gladiator, Brian Orser's Story of my Life (*sniff*)
All time favourite ladies routine: Liz Manley's exhibition to the music from 'Legends of the Fall'

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: the entire 2001 Worlds dance competition :o) and Urmanov over Stojko at the 94 Olympics
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Chait and Sahknovsky over Drobiasko and Vanagas (yes, lynch me now :o))
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: SCARY! and a little disturbing!
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Sale & Pelletier, cuz I'm Canadian, ;) but it was really close
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Lobecheva & Abervukh, Michelle (I was almost crying with her!)

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Tim Goebel, Bourne&Kraatz, Ina&Zimmerman
Favourite skating websites: ice-dance.com, FSU, skate forum, here
Favourite quote: "due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
Favourite skating quote: "You can't be afraid to just go for it every time you step on that ice. You've gotta forget about who else is there, pretend no one is, and have a blast, or else it's not worth it." -- Shae Bourne
What did you think of this survey: it kept me awake! And that's something! *lol* and it was fun reading everyone else's answers!

Anita18
07-18-2002, 12:36 AM
First name: Anita
Years skating: About 2.5 years
No. of times a week you skate: 2-3 usually, maybe more depending on schedule
Coach's name: Don't officially have one, but I took 3 lessons with Andrew recently, which was a graduation present from one of my rinkmates! :)
Colour of soakers: Green - yup, strange...
Colour of guards: Dark blue, cause they were the only color
Colour of bag: It's a dark blue backpack - the skates just fit, LOL..
Do you have a keyring on your bag: Yup, an SPTeri one that's hot pink. So discreet, LOL..
Make of boots: SPTeri
Make of blades: MK Professionals
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): half-hour group lessons
Amount of practice/play time p/w: Heck if I know....2 hours per session, or until my feet start complaining. :D
What do you wear for skating: Have purple skating pants and whatever top usually. Now I have a leotard/skating tights/wrap skirt cause I take ballet now and why change from there to the rink? :wink:
Are you a Rinkside refugee: Nope, cause I couldn't post on Rinkside in the first place!

3 turns or mohawks: Mohawks! I HATE three-turns! :evil:
Left leg or right leg: Right leg

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: Never been on a FS session, but I do freestyle technically..
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Lutz, though I only landed it fully rotated once last week. Tried again yesterday and could only muster 3/4 of a rotation.
Favourite jump: I'm starting to actually like the loop, but usually it's whatever works for that particular session.
Favourite spin: Sit spin, cause it feels really cool when you get it right! Scratch spin can be great if it's a good one, LOL.
Favourite spiral: Don't usually practice spirals for lack of room, but I like 'em skated on the right leg.

Do you do dance/have you ever: I want to eventually, just to see what it's like...
Do you do pairs/have you ever: Nope. I'm afraid of heights, LOL.

Nicest comment you ever got: "You've got really nice arms! Do you take ballet?" (this comment was from a coach before I had any ballet training at all!)
People always ask: "How long have you been skating?" "Have you done a competition?" "How do you do (insert random move here)"
What move are you most proud of: I love my edges and crossovers!
What move are you working on: Everything, LOL! Everything needs improving all the time! :P (all the jumps up to lutz, that [i:fb31065ac5]darned backspin[/i:fb31065ac5], sit spins, forward scratch, trying a camel :P , and three-turns cause I hate them..)
What could you do straight away: Nothing, LOL! I even started out as a wallhanger! Though jumps usually come to me after a few attempts now...
What took forever and then clicked: Edges! Now I love them!
What's currently driving you potty: [i:fb31065ac5]BACKSPIN!!! ARGHGHGHGHGH!!!! [/i:fb31065ac5]And I've been trying a camel...how do you do those things???
Do you fall often: All the time, hehehe...I scare people with my knee bruises, though my butt never bruises now. :)
Favourite coach catchphrase: Erm, don't have a coach..
Daftest accident you ever had: Skated over Cheez Doodle crumbs (or something of that order) and went FLYING forward into the air, landing on my left knee! (it's always my left knee!) It was scary cause it just happened - I didn't see it coming at all!
Worst accident you ever had: Haven't had any real bad ones I can think of...well there was that time where I tripped on a forward spiral and hit my hipbone and pulled some stomach muscles at the same time...that hurt..

What inspired you to start skating: Had been a skating fan for some time, but I think I just wanted to feel what Michelle Kwan felt when she skated.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: Backward crossovers. It grew from there...recently I wanted to get an axel before I left for college in a month, but without a consistent backspin, it's not looking good, LOL. Oh well..
Have you achieved them yet: The crossovers always need improvement. :wink:
First competition you ever watched: Gosh, maybe 92 Olympics. I remember seeing Kristi..
First show you ever saw live (if any): 99 COI
How many skating tapes do you have: Too many...but I'm supposed to have maybe 5 permanent ones. However, I still have to go through the ones from this season and decide what I want to keep!
How many skating books do you have: Not enough, though I learned everything from the Internet
Who would you love the autobiography of: Dunno....everyone, I guess, just to see how experiences differed among our fav skaters..

All time favourite skater(s): [i:fb31065ac5]Michelle Kwan!!!![/i:fb31065ac5]
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Michelle Kwan!
Favourite eligible dance team: I think all of them are fascinating, LOL....
Favourite pros: [i:fb31065ac5]Kurt Browning!!!!![/i:fb31065ac5]
Favourite commentator(s): Don't have any really good ones in the US....grrrrr....

All time favourite dance routine: Haven't seen enough! (I've never seen Bolero! :oops: I should track that down sometime..)
All time favourite pairs routine: Haven't seen enough! :oops:
All time favourite mens routine: Kurt's Nyah (OMG that was brilliant!)
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle's East of Eden

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Irina/Michelle 01 (02?) GPF
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Tara/Michelle in Nagano
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Hilariously funny...the first couple of times... :wink:
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: I liked them both! Don't make me choose!!
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, B&S, A&P, Yagudin :wink:

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Yagudin, Kwan, B/K, B/S (if they aren't pro...I'm so confused over who's pro and who's not, LOL..)
Favourite skating websites: RSSIR (recreational skating Google group - well when we're not arguing over toepick placement on the toe loop..), AYDG, MKF, this place!
Favourite quote: "FUZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!" - me! :wink:
Favourite skating quote: "If dancing is how the angels walk, then skating is how the angels dance." - Alan Kriegsman
What did you think of this survey: It was fun! I should have been writing a paper! :wink:

BringontheRain
07-18-2002, 06:34 AM
Well I haven't posted in awhile but what better way to start again than a survey :)

First name: Ashley
Years skating: 7
No. of times a week you skate: 5 days
Coach's name: Debbie
Colour of soakers: Bright pink and then I have fish and clown ones
Colour of bag: yellow
Make of boots: Custom Reidells
Make of blades: Vision
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 2 hours
Amount of practice/play time p/w: about 12 - 14 hours
What do you wear for skating: dress and tights , black spandex (shorts and pants ) and tank tops

3 turns or mohawks: mohawk

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: 2 lutz
Favourite jump: 2 flip or 2 lutz
Favourite spin: front sit

Do you do dance/have you ever: I am taking lessons at the moment

Nicest comment you ever got: "You're jumps are huge"
People always ask: "Are you going to the Olympics?"
What move are you most proud of: double lutz double loop
What move are you working on: Double Doubles extra consistant and double axel
What could you do straight away: Don't remember
What took forever and then clicked: 2lutz and 2loop
What's currently driving you potty: 2lutz2loop
Do you fall often: Yes
Favourite coach catchphrase: "What's on the ice?"
Daftest accident you ever had: Hehe I am known for falling when just stroking
Worst accident you ever had: One program I fell on my hip like 5 times and I had to take time off it was so painful

What inspired you to start skating: Nanacy Kerrigan
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: Don't remember
Have you achieved them yet: ?
First competition you ever watched: 94 Olympics
First show you ever saw live (if any): COI
How many skating tapes do you have: too many to count
How many skating books do you have: lots
Who would you love the autobiography of: Maribel Vinson Owen
and Frank Carroll
Favourite eligible mens skater: Alexei Yagudin or Tim Goebel or Ryan Bradley
Favourite eligible pair: I&Z
Favourite eligible dance team: B&A
Favourite pros: Yuka Sato , Kristi Yamaguchi , Kurt Browning , Brian Boitano
Favourite commentator(s): none

All time favourite dance routine: ??
All time favourite pairs routine: S&Ps Love Story
All time favourite mens routine: Alexei's MITIM
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle's 98 programs, her 96 programs, Red Violin, East of Eden

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Lots
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Awful
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Kwan, Goebel, I&Z and B&K
Favourite skating websites: this, Unseen Skaters
Favourite quote: "By failing to preparing , you are preparing to fail."
Favourite skating quote: "If dancing is how the angels walk, then skating is how the angels dance." Got it from my friend Molly don't know who really said it
What did you think of this survey: Fun

Isabelle
07-18-2002, 06:42 PM
First name: --
Years skating: 7 years
No. of times a week you skate: 4-6
Coach's name: --
Colour of boots: white
Colour of soakers: blue
Colour of guards: yellow
Colour of bag: navy
Do you have a keyring on your bag: yes
Make of boots: Graff
Make of blades: MK
Have you ever competed: yes
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): What's p/w? I don't really have a usual amount of lesson time but I usually get a lesson every time I skate
Amount of practice/play time p/w: ?
What do you wear for skating: different stuff
Are you a Rinkside refugee: I guess you could say that

3 turns or mohawks: whatever
Left leg or right leg: depends on what for
CW or CCW: mostly CCW but I'm getting to be pretty ambidextrous (sp?) on my twizzles

Do you do freestyle/have you ever: used to
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: double salchow I think
Favourite jump: double loop except I don't jump anymore
Favourite spin: when I did freeskate it was the flying sit
Favourite spiral: don't know

Do you do dance/have you ever: yes
Do you do pairs/have you ever: no

Nicest comment you ever got: either "You always make my day!" (from my coach) or "You're brilliant!" (from my choreographer)
People always ask: Do you do the pairs or the ice dance? What's the difference? :frus:
What move are you most proud of: don't know
What move are you working on: lots of stuff!! :D
What could you do straight away: don't remember
What took forever and then clicked: hmm...
What's currently driving you potty: My partner!!!! :mrgreen: (not all the time though)
Do you fall often: no
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Whooshdy-do" :D
Daftest accident you ever had: falling while I was pretty much just standing on the ice
Worst accident you ever had: Once I fell and hit my head and was quite dizzy, and got a bump. Once I fell on a jump and my feet didn't even touch the ice first or something because MAN did it HURT and I had HUGE bruises and it hurt to bend for a while.

What inspired you to start skating: Watching Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler, Kurt Browning, Josée Chouinard on tv.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To go to the Olympics. (well, that was when I started taking lessons, because when I was little I just did recreational skating where you go around and around and didn't really think about it)
Have you achieved them yet: Um, no. :wink:
First competition you ever watched: Don't remember.
First show you ever saw live (if any): Toyota Canadian Professional Figure Skating Championships in 1995 I think.
How many skating tapes do you have: WAY too many!! :mrgreen:
How many skating books do you have: quite a few
Who would you love the autobiography of: Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon

All time favourite skater(s): [i:3c00c1b6b8]Marie-France and Patrice!!![/i:3c00c1b6b8]
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Michelle Kwan and Jennifer Robinson
Favourite eligible mens skater: Jeff Buttle and maybe Alexei Yagudin
Favourite eligible pair: hmm.....
Favourite eligible dance team: Marie-France and Patrice
Favourite pros: Kurt, Jamie Salé and David Pelletier...
Favourite commentator(s): Tracy Wilson!

All time favourite dance routine: Marie-France and Patrice's 2002 OD (Maria de Buenos Aires)
All time favourite pairs routine: Jamie and David's Love Story
All time favourite mens routine: Kurt's Serenade to Sonya or Raggy the Clown
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle Kwan's Fields of Gold

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: a lot
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: hmm...
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: kinda weird
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Jamie and David
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Michelle, Jamie and David

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: whoever deserves it
Favourite skating websites: This one!!
Favourite quote: don't have one
Favourite skating quote: don't have one
What did you think of this survey: cool! 8)

icenut84
07-19-2002, 04:25 PM
[quote:4dfa654ae9="Isabelle"]Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): What's p/w? I don't really have a usual amount of lesson time but I usually get a lesson every time I skate
Amount of practice/play time p/w: ?[/quote:4dfa654ae9]

Sorry... p/w means per week

icesk8er31
07-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Ok, I have to replace my "daftest incident" response with something that happened yesterday. So, yesterday I'm being fitted for new skates (Klingbeils) which involves rolling up my trousers, putting my feet into foam, tracings and photos of my feet. Well, I'm at the photo part and my fitter decides I should slip on my skates to get a picture of them on my feet to show a slight pronation on my left skate. While I'm putting on my second skate, I have a coughing fit (I'm fighting off a head cold right now) and drop my skate, blade first, on my bare leg. The blade plunged into my leg, above my ankle, opening up a very deep, 1 inch gash. I had to go get a tetnus shot today as a result. How's THAT for daft?

dani
07-20-2002, 07:22 AM
[color=darkblue:b41bcf1a0c]First name: Danielle
Years ice skating: 6 months
Years roller skating: 6
No. of times a week you skate: 7-10
Colour of soakers: purple
Colour of guards: lavender
Make of boots: Reidell Gold Stars
Make of blades: Coronation Aces
Have you ever competed: Yes (ISI)
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1.5 hours soon to be 2.
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 6.5 - 11 hours
What do you wear for skating: dance pants and whatever t-shirt but now I am wearing more skate dresses and skirts.

Favourite jump: Salchow
Favourite spin: Upright (out of necessity ;-)

Do you do pairs/have you ever: No - unless doing side by side jumps for fun counts ;-)

Nicest comment you ever got: Were you in the Olympics?
People always ask: How do you spin? (I skate on several public sessions)
What move are you most proud of: My "in-between" skating - basically crossovers and turns and other footwork type things.
What move are you working on: Loop, flip, sitspin
What could you do straight away: I was working on ISI Delta my first day skating
What took forever and then clicked: Nothing yet, I hope my flip will make it.
What's currently driving you potty: sitspin
Favourite coach catchphrase: I could get my leg higher than that said by my dance coach who then proved it!
Daftest accident you ever had: There are 2: Toepicking and falling before I even started moving! Working on inside three turns my second week skating and giving myself a minor concussion!
Worst accident you ever had: I cracked a rib working on the fiesta tango before I learned how we do the coss front/cross behind on ice.

What inspired you to start skating: I really missed roller skating but I felt that I had more to learn on ice plus I could afford it.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To be a great skater
Have you achieved them yet: Working on it! ;-)
First competition you ever watched: I don't remember, I am sure it was an olympics
First show you ever saw live (if any): An Ice Capades back in the 70's.
How many skating tapes do you have: None
How many skating books do you have: None
Who would you love the autobiography of: Jill Trenary

All time favourite skater(s): Jill Trenary - I watched her practice one day
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Irina Slutskaya
Favourite eligible mens skater: Goebel
Favourite eligible pair: I don't really have one
Favourite eligible dance team: Lang and and that guy whose name I can't spell ;-) I love their hydroblade move
Favourite pros: None currently
Favourite commentator(s): I haven't been real happy with any of them.

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: I thought the Lithuanians deserved a medal (dance) at worlds.
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: SLC pairs. I would have picked S&P but I think the judges spoke and that should have been honored.
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: See above ;-)

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Irina
Favourite skating websites: this one!
Favourite quote: "I am not left-handed" ;-)
Favourite skating quote: "Are you ok?" which means that I actually fell! ;-)
What did you think of this survey: Cool ;-)
[/color:b41bcf1a0c]

Imo
07-21-2002, 12:22 AM
First name: ---
Years ice skating: 7
No. of times a week you skate: summer: 3 / winter: 5
Colour of soakers: black
Colour of guards: dark blue & yellow
Make of boots: Risport Super Diamant
Make of blades: Coronation Comets
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w: 1.5-2 hours
Amount of practice/play time p/w: approx. 7 hours
What do you wear for skating: skirt & t-shirt
3 turns or mohawks: no preference.
Left leg or right leg: no preference.

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Double Loop
Favourite jump: Flip
Favourite spin: Layback

Do you do pairs/have you ever: Similar pairs...

What move are you most proud of: Spin combo: Camel-sit-layback-backsit-variation
What move are you working on: US Gold Dances (Westminster & Argentine Tango)
What could you do straight away: Edges, One-foot spin, Waltz jump.
What took forever and then clicked: Layback
What's currently driving you potty: Argentine Twizzle. (It's not that bad, but I get mental blocks on it...) Oh, and the choctaw in the Blues...
Do you fall often: No.
Daftest accident you ever had: Hit my head on the boards while working on 2Sal, apparently I was a little too close...
Worst accident you ever had: Hit my head on the boards while working on 2Sal... (got a nifty little concussion!)

What inspired you to start skating: I'd been a fan since I was little, had some spare time (not anymore!)
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To pass my golds...
Have you achieved them yet: Yes. (I've got my CDN Gold Dances and Class 1 skills! :D )
First competition you ever watched: First I remember clearly is the 87 worlds.
First show you ever saw live (if any): Disney probably...

All time favourite skater(s): Kurt Browning, Usova & Zhulin, Sebastien Britten...

What did you think of this survey: Well, I skipped a lot of it, but it was okay. :)

jazzpants
07-21-2002, 11:37 AM
First name: Joanna
Years ice skating: 3 years
Years roller skating: 0 (Well, not really. I tried it a couple of times.)
No. of times a week you skate: 3-4 a week...usually for about 1-1.5 hours
Colour of guards: Green (They were out of black guards...) :P
Make of boots: Reidell Bronze Stars
Make of blades: MK Pros
Have you ever competed: Once (USFSA)
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1.25 hours, may go up to 1.75 soon
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 5-8 hours (depends on work)
What do you wear for skating: What else??? :P (Well, THAT and a long sleeve t-shirt!)

Favourite jump: Waltz, since it's the most consistent.
Favourite spin: Scratch

Do you do dance/have you ever: Nope
Do you do pairs/have you ever: Nope

Nicest comment you ever got: "Someone's been improving her salchow!" :P (From a fellow figure skaters who hasn't seen me skate in a while and was watching my salchow attempt. He was working on a double sal.)
People always ask: How do you do THAT? (Usually it's a spin!)
What move are you most proud of: Back cross step probably...
What move are you working on: Easier to ask "What am I *NOT* working on?" :lol: I'm working on jumps all the way to flips, spins -- the dreaded BACKSPIN and camel, Moves -- Adult Bronze Moves test, especially back crossovers and that dreaded BI-FO choctaw on the power FO 3's.
What could you do straight away: Probably crossovers
What took forever and then clicked: Loop jump, mohawks (still need to work on them though.)
What's currently driving you potty: Mistress Coach!!! :P Oh, you mean skating skills-wise! :D It would have to be the BACKSPIN, with the camel a close second!!! YUCK!!! YUCKO!!!!
Do you fall often: No, hardly ever. My primary coach keeps telling "Fall, darn it! Fall on the ice!!!" Last Monday night I fell on my butt trying for a respectably low sit spin. He cheered each time I tried for a lower spin...but end up on my butt. :twisted:
Favourite coach catchphrase: From primary coach: "Were you breathing while you were doing <element>" (Yeah, right! And he wants me to do alternating crossovers in a crowded public session too!!!) From my secondary coach: "Are you a Harley Mama???" (Hey! I get nervous doing difficult stuff...and they want me to do this AND make it look EASY!?!?!") 8O
Daftest accident you ever had: Let's see...I fell once on an extremely smooth ice...to the point where I slide right into another unsuspecting skater. He tumbled and fall right on top of me.
Worst accident you ever had: Falling on my hip two weeks after my sciatica episode. I thought of the old MK line: "If I could walk, I could skate..." WRONG!!! I could walk, but my right leg (which had the sciatica) was still very weak -- so weak that I could not hold the FO edge on the spin entry and I fell right on my hip!!! It hurt so bad that I had to get off the ice. I did not come back 'til I was completely heal and I fully regained enough strength on my right leg where I was able to resume speed walking on the treadmill again.

What inspired you to start skating: Needed a creative outlet and additional form of exercise aside from the boring gym routine.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To look like I know how to skate and to be able to skate a program to music
Have you achieved them yet: Half of it. I did a program, but I sure don't look like I know how to skate!!! :P
First competition you ever watched: I don't remember the exact event, but it was a local competition.
First show you ever saw live (if any): Same as above. I've never seen a professional skating show EVER!
How many skating tapes do you have: I've lost count!!! :lol:
How many skating books do you have: I have about 4 books so far. (One signed by Brian Boitano. It was the Petrovich book...) :D
Who would you love the autobiography of: My primary coach :D (But that's because he seems to have such a colorful life!)

All time favourite skater(s): Probably Dorothy Hamill
Favourite eligible mens skater: Goebel (was Eldredge, but he's not eligible anymore...) :P
Favourite eligible pair: Probably I&Z
Favourite eligible dance team: L&T
Favourite pros: Eldredge, but because he skates my direction and he has shown that an "old foogy" can still compete in the Olympics as a skater! (He should reinstate and go eligible again in time to compete in the Olympics again when he's 40!!!) :D
Favourite commentator(s): Dick Button. His "Button-isms" are "first rate." :P

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: I try not to think about that.
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: SLC pairs
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: 8O :lol:
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: S&P hands down. They had the better smoother program.
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, though I thought about "borrowing" Irina's cowboy routine too. :D

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Kwan
Favourite skating websites: this one!
Favourite quote: :?: Can't think of one... :?:
Favourite skating quote: I have many favorites!!!
What did you think of this survey: 8)

Cheers,
jazzpants

princessthumby
07-22-2002, 03:04 AM
[b:1d12121c0a]First name:[/b:1d12121c0a] Kortney
[b:1d12121c0a]Age: [/b:1d12121c0a]Almost 17
[b:1d12121c0a]Location:[/b:1d12121c0a] Vancouver, BC
[b:1d12121c0a]Years skating: [/b:1d12121c0a]Uuuh....10 or 11???
[b:1d12121c0a]No. of times a week you skate:[/b:1d12121c0a] Normally 5 days a week.
[b:1d12121c0a]Coach's name: [/b:1d12121c0a]Danalee
[b:1d12121c0a]Colour of boots: [/b:1d12121c0a]White
[b:1d12121c0a]Colour of soakers: [/b:1d12121c0a]I have many. Right now, Winnie the Pooh!
[b:1d12121c0a]Colour of guards:[/b:1d12121c0a] Baby Pink
[b:1d12121c0a]Colour of bag: [/b:1d12121c0a]Black
[b:1d12121c0a]Do you have a keyring on your bag: [/b:1d12121c0a]Can't say I do
[b:1d12121c0a]Make of boots: [/b:1d12121c0a]Jackson
[b:1d12121c0a]Make of blades: [/b:1d12121c0a]I can't remember, really!!!
[b:1d12121c0a]Have you ever competed:[/b:1d12121c0a] Yes, ma'am.
[b:1d12121c0a]Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private):[/b:1d12121c0a] Uuuh....like 2 hours maybe?
[b:1d12121c0a]Amount of practice/play time p/w: [/b:1d12121c0a] Eeeh...like 10 or so!
[b:1d12121c0a]What do you wear for skating:[/b:1d12121c0a] Usually black spandex and a shirt, but sometimes I get adventerous and where a skirt!!!
[b:1d12121c0a]Are you a Rinkside refugee:[/b:1d12121c0a] I posted once in a blue moon there.

[b:1d12121c0a]3 turns or mohawks:[/b:1d12121c0a] Three turns
[b:1d12121c0a]Left leg or right leg:[/b:1d12121c0a] Left
[b:1d12121c0a]CW or CCW:[/b:1d12121c0a] CCW

[b:1d12121c0a]Do you do freestyle/have you ever: [/b:1d12121c0a]Yep
[b:1d12121c0a]Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly:[/b:1d12121c0a] Cleanly? Double toe. I cheat my 2loop and 2flip, consistantly. (Or I did before surgery...)
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite jump: [/b:1d12121c0a]Double Salchows.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite spin:[/b:1d12121c0a] Laybacks
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite spiral: [/b:1d12121c0a]LBO

[b:1d12121c0a]Do you do dance/have you ever:[/b:1d12121c0a] Yep...I'm made too :(
[b:1d12121c0a]Do you do pairs/have you ever:[/b:1d12121c0a] I'm trying to find a partner!!!!

[b:1d12121c0a]Nicest comment you ever got:[/b:1d12121c0a] The one that sticks out was when I was competing, my mom over heard a lady saying, about me, "I've seen this girl skate before, she's amazing."
[b:1d12121c0a]People always ask: [/b:1d12121c0a]"Did you win?"
[b:1d12121c0a]What move are you most proud of: [/b:1d12121c0a]Laybacks and 2salchows
[b:1d12121c0a]What move are you working on:[/b:1d12121c0a] 2flip and 2loop. Actually, getting my jumps back after surgery.
[b:1d12121c0a]What could you do straight away:[/b:1d12121c0a] I don't know. Not much :P
[b:1d12121c0a]What took forever and then clicked:[/b:1d12121c0a] 2 toe.
[b:1d12121c0a]What's currently driving you potty:[/b:1d12121c0a] 2loops
[b:1d12121c0a]Do you fall often:[/b:1d12121c0a] Yep. Quite a bit.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite coach catchphrase:[/b:1d12121c0a] "Stick your boobs out and stand up tall."
[b:1d12121c0a]Daftest accident you ever had: [/b:1d12121c0a]Oh there's many!!! :oops:
[b:1d12121c0a]Worst accident you ever had:[/b:1d12121c0a] It wasn't a single accident, but the years of skating....I had surgery on my knee.

[b:1d12121c0a]What inspired you to start skating: [/b:1d12121c0a]My mom forced me to. But once I started, Tara Lipinski, really got me going.
[b:1d12121c0a]When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims:[/b:1d12121c0a] I can't ever remember, not skating!!!!
[b:1d12121c0a]First competition you ever watched:[/b:1d12121c0a] Beats me. I watched any skating I found. I recall 98 Olympics wonderfully though.
[b:1d12121c0a]First show you ever saw live (if any): [/b:1d12121c0a]Elvis Tour 1997
[b:1d12121c0a]How many skating tapes do you have:[/b:1d12121c0a] 7 I think.
[b:1d12121c0a]How many skating books do you have: [/b:1d12121c0a] Uhh...8 maybe?
[b:1d12121c0a]Who would you love the autobiography of:[/b:1d12121c0a] Elvis Stojko

[b:1d12121c0a]All time favourite skater(s):[/b:1d12121c0a] Elvis Stojko back in the day.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite eligible ladies skater: [/b:1d12121c0a]Sarah Hughes
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite eligible mens skater:[/b:1d12121c0a]Timothy Goebel
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite eligible pair: [/b:1d12121c0a]I don't have one anymore. No one.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite eligible dance team:[/b:1d12121c0a] Bourne & Kraatz
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite pros:[/b:1d12121c0a] Tara, Elvis and Laurent Toebel.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite commentator(s): [/b:1d12121c0a]Me...just wait. It's my dream!!!

[b:1d12121c0a]All time favourite dance routine:[/b:1d12121c0a]B&K RiverDance 1998
[b:1d12121c0a]All time favourite pairs routine: [/b:1d12121c0a]Love Story
[b:1d12121c0a]All time favourite mens routine: [/b:1d12121c0a]Anything Elvis...before '98.
[b:1d12121c0a]All time favourite ladies routine:[/b:1d12121c0a] 1998 Tara Olympics

[b:1d12121c0a]Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with:[/b:1d12121c0a]Oooh...this list could go on forever. Todd should have been 2nd in 2001. Sasha 3rd at Olympics. Elvis 1st in 1994...
[b:1d12121c0a]Which controversial decisions did you agree with:[/b:1d12121c0a] Tara over Michelle in 98 Olympics
[b:1d12121c0a]What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: [/b:1d12121c0a]I laughed a lot.
[b:1d12121c0a]Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: [/b:1d12121c0a]Jamie and Dave
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite exhibitions from SLC:[/b:1d12121c0a] Michelle....even though I can't stand her...it was touching!!!

[b:1d12121c0a]Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03:[/b:1d12121c0a] Sarah, Timmy, B&K, and I dont' care about pairs.
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite skating websites:[/b:1d12121c0a] This one and Online Skating
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite quote: [/b:1d12121c0a]"Dance like no one's watching"
[b:1d12121c0a]Favourite skating quote:[/b:1d12121c0a] "Your coaches are there, your parents are there, but when that door closes you have yourself and only yourself." -Elvis Stojko

anital
07-22-2002, 11:01 PM
First name: Anita
Years skating: 15 (including Aussieskate, but I've had breaks in between of up to year!)
No. of times a week you skate: 3-7days
Coach's name:
Colour of soakers: zebra print
Colour of guards: red
Colour of bag: fluffy zebra print with red lining! (my friend made it, and my soakers)
Do you have a keyring on your bag: yep, it's a photo album keyring
Make of boots: Reidell
Make of blades: Coronation Ace
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): not currently taking lessons
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 6-14hours
What do you wear for skating: 3/4 leggings and top, sometimes a wrap around skirt over, sometimes a skating dress
Are you a Rinkside refugee: yes

3 turns or mohawks: Three turns
CW or CCW: can do both, better at CW

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: 3axel
Favourite jump: axel or toe
Favourite spin: laybacks

Do you do dance/have you ever: nope. way too tall!
Do you do pairs/have you ever: nope, too tall!

Nicest comment you ever got: "Are you famous? I won't tell" (from a lil' Chinese girl who saw me skate in China)
People always ask: "Why don't you compete?"
What move are you most proud of: 3axel, footwork
What move are you working on: everything, getting things back after broken foot
What could you do straight away: forwards and backwards decent crossovers came fairly quickly
What took forever and then clicked: camel spin
What's currently driving you potty: everything!!
Do you fall often: no.
Favourite coach catchphrase: "You could skate yesterday! What happened? Are you drunk?"
Daftest accident you ever had: fell over one of those 'learn to skate' chairs and split my dress!
Worst accident you ever had: broken pinky

What inspired you to start skating: Fell in love with falling when my cousin took my to the rink as a 2 year old, went back the next week and took lessons from when I was 6.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To look pretty!
First competition you ever watched: Probably something local
First show you ever saw live (if any): None, but I seen our Nats and also the GWG
How many skating tapes do you have: About 6.
Who would you love the autobiography of:

All time favourite skater(s): Torvil and Dean
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Irina (and Miriam Manzano)
Favourite eligible mens skater: Anthony Liu, Plushenko
Favourite eligible pair: None
Favourite eligible dance team: None
Favourite pros: Elvis
Favourite commentator(s): None

All time favourite dance routine:None
All time favourite pairs routine: Love Story
All time favourite mens routine: Plushy's Sex Bomb exihibition!.
All time favourite ladies routine: Most inspiring was Miriam at last years Aus Nats...amazing talent and improvement.

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with:I think the Russian won the gold outright.
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Great live, a huge lot of fun!
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: the Russians
Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Any Aussie!! Heehee, realisticly, Irina!
Favourite skating websites: This one.
Favourite quote: "If you believe you can, you can."
Favourite skating quote:

nutty-ducky
07-23-2002, 05:16 AM
First name: Catherine
Years of Skating: 1 1/2 years
No. of times a week you skate: 3 times
Coaches Name: Steve
Colour of Boots: White
Colour of Soakers: Don't have any
Colour of Guard: Bright Pink!
Colour of Bag: Bright Pink!
Make of Boots: Belati
Make of Blades: John Wilson: Wilson Excel
Have u ever competed: No but hope to some day!
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 30 minutes
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 3 hours
What do you wear for skating: My trachsuit and any sort of top
Are u are rinkside refugee: Nope

3 turns or mohawks: 3 turns, never tried mohawks but will shortly
Left leg or Right leg: Left
Do you do freestyle/have u ever:
Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Three jump and bunny hop (there the only ones i know!)
Favourite Jump: Waltz so far! I think it feels good!
Favourite Spin: Only done a 2-foot but i think i will be working on 1-foot soon! :D
Favoutie Spiral: Forward Left (in a straight line)

Do you do dance/have you ever: Working on a dance program! :D
Do you do pairs/have you ever: No but it looks cool!

Nicest comment you ever got: "I like your spiral!" and "That spiral was very good!" :D
People always ask: Someone said, "Do you have lessons, can u show me what u do?"
What move are you most proud of: I think that my three jump and bunny hops are good! I think my drag, I think my crossovers are good and my spirals are ok.
What move are you working on: Well I am working on a waltz program, so my crossovers, chassis, swings and FO 3-turns.
What could you do straight away: Forward Crossovers, Backwards crossovers, t-stop (some of the basic things.)
What took you forever and then clicked: Snowplough stop, Forward Crossovers (better ones), 3-turns
What's currently driving you potty: Nothing much but the RFO 3-turns are a bit hard for me!
Do you fall often: Not very much
Favourite Coach catchphrase: Don't know!
Daftest Accdient you ever had: Don't know can't think of one just yet!
Worst Accident you ever had: Went ice skating on my birthday, fell over right on my back and nearly broke my back! :( It hurt soooo much! It didn't heal for about 1/2 a year! 8O

What inspired you to start skating: My friend asked me if i wanted to go ice skating with her, i did and then about a year after that i started figure skating! :D I also liked Michelle Kwan and wanted to skate like her!
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To learn how to jump, how to spin and do backwards skating and crossovers!
Have you achieved then yet: My bakwards skating is excellent, and my crossovers and very good! I can do 2 jumps and 2-foot spin!
First competition you ever watched: 2000 World Championships
Fist show you ever saw live (if any): Never seen a live show
How many skating tapes do you own: all the 2002 Olympics ones! :D
How many skating books do you have: 1
Who would you love the autobiography of: has michelle kwan got an autobiography?

All time favourite skaters: Jamie Sale and David Pelletier
Favourite eligible pairs: Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze ( the chinese couple are a close second)
Favourite eligible dance team: Bourne and Kraatz
Favourite pros: don't know
Favourite commentators: no comment! lol!! :D

Which judging decisions have you most agreed with:
Which controversial decision did you agree with: 2002 Olympics Pairs Gold S&P, B&S
What did you think of Plushy's Sex bomb: lol! :D
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Jamie Sale and David Pellitier.
Favourite exhibitons from SLC: S&P, Kwan, Slutskaya, etc.

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Alexei Yagudin, Shen and Zhao, Bourne and Kraatz and Michelle Kwan.
Favourite skating websites: USFSA, www.sk8stuff.com, www.heatherw.com/mk
Favourite quote: Don't have pne just yet!
Favourite skating Quote: Don't have one just yet!
What did you think of this survey: :D very long!

NickiT
07-23-2002, 06:02 AM
First name: Nicola
Years skating: 10
No. of times a week you skate: 4 or 5
Coach's name: Bev
Colour of soakers:White & Black
Colour of guards: Blue
Colour of bag: Black with Winnie the Pooh on it!
Make of boots: Gam
Make of blades: MK Professional
Have you ever competed: Yes - twice at the Bracknell Opens
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 30 - 45 minute private lesson, 30 minute Annie's Edge class, 30 minute Figures class and 1 hour Off-ice class
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 4 - 5 hours
What do you wear for skating: purple dress and tan tights

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Lutz - but not very fast yet!
Favourite jump: Cherry flip (toe-loop)
Favourite spin: Sit spin

Nicest comment you ever got: "You're really good"
People always ask: "Is it as hard as it looks?"
What move are you most proud of: My spins
What move are you working on: Backspin, parallel spin and axel
What could you do straight away: Can't remember!
What took forever and then clicked: Spins
What's currently driving you potty: Getting my backspin consistent
Favourite coach catchphrase: "Not bad!!"
Daftest accident you ever had: Doing backward crosscuts in Annie's and forgetting the barrier was coming up, but as it happened I was right in line with the open door on the barrier and promptly fell through it on my butt!
Worst accident you ever had: Falling during rehearsal for our show and breaking my ankle badly and tearing all the ligaments. Had to spend 5 days in hospital and am now the proud owner of a bionic ankle (metal plate and screws!)

What inspired you to start skating: Always wanted to skate as a child but didn't get the chance. Then I got sick badly in my early 20's and at the same time our rink was built. When I was better I made up my mind to take up skating lessons as a reward for getting better! Make sense?
Have you achieved them yet: Well I've passed more tests than I ever imagined and even competed twice solo so I guess these are huge achievements for me.
First competition you ever watched: Winter Olympics many years ago when Robin Cousins was skating. He was my hero then.
First show you ever saw live (if any): T&D's tour - the latest one (about 4 years ago?)
How many skating tapes do you have: about 10
How many skating books do you have: 3
Who would you love the autobiography of: Torvil & Dean - though I have it already

Favourite eligible ladies skater: No preference
Favourite eligible mens skater: Evgeny Plushenko
Favourite eligible pair: No preference
Favourite eligible dance team: No preference
Favourite pros: No preference
Favourite commentator(s): Definitely Chris Howarth since he's my coach's husband and of course a friend, and supporter of my skating. Even picked me to receive the "Best Endeavour Award" at our rink's show two years ago!!

All time favourite dance routine: Don 't have a favourite
All time favourite pairs routine: ditto
All time favourite mens routine: ditto
All time favourite ladies routine: ditto

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Alexei over Todd in Worlds 01, G&P and U&Z over T&D in 94 Olympics, B&K not on the podium in 98 Olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Genius
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: I thought it could have gone either way
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, A&P, Honda, B&S, Cohen

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Plushenko, Bourne/Kraatz, Shen/Zhao, Irina or Michelle
Favourite skating websites: FSU, GoldenSkate, http://www.cyberus.ca/~karen/recskate/
Favourite quote: "Don't take life too seriously. No-one ever got out of it alive." - Bugs Bunny
Favourite skating quote: "I suppose there is no skater who has a greater justification for using the music from Gladiator." - Barry Davies on Elvis Stojko, 01 Worlds LP
What did you think of this survey: :)

LoopLoop
07-23-2002, 07:02 AM
First name: Marna
Years skating: 4 1/2
No. of times a week you skate: 4
Coach's name: Ross (brand new coach)
Colour of soakers: Blue
Colour of guards: Green
Make of blades: Pattern 99
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (private): 1hr
Amount of practice/play time p/w: about 5-6 hours
What do you wear for skating: leggings and tank top or skating dress

3 turns or mohawks: either
Left leg or right leg: depends

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Axel, one week I had it
Favourite jump: Flip and loop
Favourite spin: Sit-change sit

Do you do pairs/have you ever: No. Would love to try.

Nicest comment you ever got: "You skated as a kid, right?"
People always ask: How do you spin without getting dizzy?
What move are you most proud of: Inside spread eagle into loop
What move are you working on: Axel, double loop, deathdrop
What could you do straight away: 3 turns, mohawks, 1 foot spin
What took forever and then clicked: Backspin
What's currently driving you potty: BO brackets
Do you fall often: Not as often as my coach wants me to
Daftest accident you ever had: Typical, getting on the ice with guards still on.
Worst accident you ever had: When I was first learning a camel spin, lost my balance on the hook and landed on my cheekbone.

What inspired you to start skating: Nothing in particular, always wanted to.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: Didn't have any in particular.
First competition you ever watched: Can't remember
First show you ever saw live (if any): Very early World Pro competitions (in the 1970s)
How many skating tapes do you have: Not very many
How many skating books do you have: At least 15
Who would you love the autobiography of: Paul Wylie

All time favourite skater(s): Robin Cousins
Favourite eligible ladies skater: Sarah Hughes, Michelle Kwan
Favourite eligible mens skater: Yagudin, Matt Savoie, Takeshi Honda
Favourite eligible pair: Ina & Zimmerman
Favourite pros: Kurt Browning, Kristi Yamaguchi, Yuka Sato
Favourite commentator(s): Paul Wylie

All time favourite dance routine: Don't know really
All time favourite pairs routine: Sale & Pelletier's Tristan & Isolde
All time favourite mens routine: Probably Kurt's That's Entertainment or Nyah
All time favourite ladies routine: Kristi Yamaguchi's The Seasons

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Petrenko over Wylie in 92, Irina over Michelle at this year's GPF
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Irina over Michelle in Salt Lake City
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Waste of ice time
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: Sale & Pelletier easily

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Hughes, Honda, Ina & Zimmerman
Favourite skating websites: Unseen Skaters, Skateweb

KJD
07-23-2002, 07:37 AM
First name:
Years skating: 3 and a bit
No. of times a week you skate: 5-6
Coach's name:
Colour of soakers: Blue with animals on them
Colour of guards: Half light purple half dark purple
Make of blades: Gold Seals
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (private): 2 1/2 hrs
Amount of practice/play time p/w: about 5-6 hours
What do you wear for skating: Skating dress or leggings/tank tops

3 turns or mohawks: either
Left leg or right leg: depends

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Double Salchow (comes and goes)
Favourite jump: Loop and lutz

Do you do dance/have you ever: Used to. Passed up through pre-bronze dances

Nicest comment you ever got: You don't skate like an adult"
People always ask: Did you skate as a kid?
What move are you most proud of: Ina Bauer, axel on its good days
What move are you working on: Axel, double Sal, layback
What could you do straight away: loop
What took forever and then clicked: Flip
What's currently driving you potty: BO brackets, inconsistancy on my camel
Do you fall often: on axels on a bad day
Daftest accident you ever had: Typical, getting on the ice with guards still on.
Worst accident you ever had: Way early on my blade came loose on a lutz and I split my chin open.

What inspired you to start skating: Lady I worked with who was ten years older did it and I thought, wow I can too.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To not look like a fool on a freestyle sessioin
First competition you ever watched: Katarina Witt win worlds (I think)
First show you ever saw live (if any): COI
How many skating tapes do you have: none
How many skating books do you have: a couple
Who would you love the autobiography of: ?

Favourite eligible ladies skater: Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan
Favourite eligible mens skater: Yagudin
Favourite eligible pair: B & S
Favourite eligible dance team: don't know
Favourite pros: Kurt Browning, Kristi Yamaguchi

All time favourite dance routine: No idea
All time favourite pairs routine: Mishkutionok and Dimitriev's '94 Olympic long
All time favourite mens routine: Probably one of Todd Eldridge's
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle Kwan's Dante's Prayer

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: Tara over Michelle in '98, Irina over Michelle at this year's GPF
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: B & S over Sale and Pelletier
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: Waste of ice time
Who do you think should have won the pairs at SLC: B & S

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Cohen, Honda, Ina & Zimmerman
Favourite skating websites: Unseen Skaters, Skateweb

RoaringSkates
07-23-2002, 11:08 AM
First name: Roaring
Years skating: About 3, maybe 4
No. of times a week you skate: 1 or 2
Colour of soakers: Tie Dye Orange and Pink
Colour of guards: Sort of purple/pink and glittery
Make of boots: Reidell Silver Stars
Make of blades: Wilson? I don't remember. I'd have to look.

Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 1hr per week
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 1-2 hours
What do you wear for skating: Yoga Pants and T Shirt

CW or CCW: Huh?

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Half Toe Wally
Favourite jump: Waltz Jump
Favourite spin: I know a couple but forget their names. I'm terrible with names.
Favourite spiral: I like my front spiral, am working on a back one.

Do you do pairs/have you ever: Yes, just once. What fun!

Nicest comment you ever got: You're so good.
People always ask: How long have you been skating?
What move are you most proud of: I like my backward crossovers, and my spin when it works. I also like 3 turns.
What move are you working on: Waltz Jump, back spin.
What could you do straight away: stroking. This is a lot for an adult beginner. Most adults who've never skated at my rink shake along the boards and then fall.
What took forever and then clicked: 3 turns, mohawk
What's currently driving you potty: my spin, which tends to leave me under stress.
Do you fall often: I will not answer so as not to jinx myself.
Daftest accident you ever had: At the end of a practice, tired, I was doing forward crossovers to warm down and tripped over my own feet, fell and hurt my left knee. Sigh.
Worst accident you ever had: At the end of a practice, tired (I have since learned not to do things when I'm tired), I was doing a spin, caught an edge, fell over backwards, got a concussion (sp). Lay there for a moment, then burst out crying like a baby. Very embarassing and painful.

What inspired you to start skating: A mall opened on my drive home from work. I went in, they had a skating rink, there was info on private lessons. I called and the rest is history.
When you actually started skating, what were your ultimate aims: To learn to skate smoothly enough to look like I belonged out there.
Have you achieved them yet: I am much improved, but still working.
First competition you ever watched: 1980 Olympics, Tai and Randy in pairs.
First show you ever saw live (if any): COI a few years ago.
How many skating tapes do you have: 0. I don't collect skating tapes. I tape the event, watch it, and reuse the tape.
How many skating books do you have: 3-4

Favourite eligible ladies skater: Since I already put Michelle above, probably Irina.
Favourite eligible mens skater: Alexi Yagudin
Favourite eligible pair: Marius Siudek and Dorota Zagorska
Favourite eligible dance team: Chait and Sarnovsky

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Yagudin, Chait/Saknovsky, Shen/Zhao, Michelle
Favourite skating websites: FSU, RSSIF

flutzilla1
07-29-2002, 02:52 PM
First name: Amy
Years skating: Started group lessons in 1994, started private lessons in 1996
No. of times a week you skate: Usually 3 or 4
Coach's name: Liz
Colour of soakers: Green frogs
Colour of guards: Uhm, I can't find them. I am always losing my guards!
Colour of bag: White
Make of blades: Pattern 99s
Have you ever competed: Yes, at Pre-Bronze and now Bronze level
Amount of time spent in lessons p/w (group or private): 30 minutes/week
Amount of practice/play time p/w: 3-4 hrs/week
What do you wear for skating: yoga pants and s/s top and sometimes if feeling brave, a skating dress

Hardest jump you ever landed cleanly: Lutz in combination and sequence
Favourite jump: Lutz by a landslide!
Favourite spin: side spin and Chris Bowman scratch spin
Favourite spiral: I hate all spirals, but if I must pick one, it's a catchfoot back right outside

Do you do dance/have you ever: Twice
Do you do pairs/have you ever: No. Too big AND tall.

Nicest comment you ever got: "Are you going to be in the Olympics?"
People always ask: "There are competitions for old people?" (my personal favorite)
What move are you most proud of: side spin, back "Michelle" ina-bauer-esque move
What move are you working on: camel, camel, and more camel, back sit and camel
What could you do straight away: 1 foot spins
What took forever and then clicked: flip jump
What's currently driving you potty: the aforementioned camel
Do you fall often: About once every two weeks and I inevitably land on my wrist or knee, depending
Favourite coach catchphrase: "You're doing floaty arms again."
Daftest accident you ever had: During learn to skate group lessons I got my left toepick caught on a mohawk and snapped my ankle in half. Was in a cast during a particularly nasty NYC winter for 6+ weeks.
Worst accident you ever had: See above...
What inspired you to start skating: Kristi Yamaguchi, she and I are the same age and I always admired her and her skating.
Have you achieved them yet: Besides a consistent lutz (not triple however), I'd have to say no. ;)
First competition you ever watched: 1990 World Championships
First show you ever saw live (if any): 1991 Champions on Ice (I think it was called the Campbell's Tour back then)
How many skating tapes do you have: geez, at least 75
How many skating books do you have: good grief, I have no idea. Something like 25 or 30?
Who would you love the autobiography of: Bourne and Kraatz, Alexei Yagudin

Favourite eligible ladies skater: Michelle Kwan, but I am also a fan of AP McDonough, Irina Slutskaya and Sasha Cohen
Favourite eligible pair: S&P
Favourite pros: Kristi Yamaguchi, Kurt Browning
Favourite commentator(s): Scott Hamilton and Verne Lundquist

All time favourite dance routine: B&K's Riverdance
All time favourite pairs routine: W&S's 1998 Olympic free program, "In Memory"
All time favourite mens routine: Chris Bowman's 1990 LP and Kurt Browning's 1989 LP
All time favourite ladies routine: Michelle Kwan's "Romanza"

Which judging decisions have you most disagreed with: B&K not on the podium in 98 Olympics, Irina over Michelle at the 2001 GPF, B&S over S&P at the 2002 Olympics
Which controversial decisions did you agree with: Oksana over Nancy at the 1994 Olympics
What did you think of Plushy's Sex Bomb: hilarious!!
Favourite exhibitions from SLC: Kwan, Honda, Yagudin

Who would you love to win gold in Washington 03: Michelle or Irina, Takeshi, B&K
Favourite skating websites: Skateweb
Favourite quote: "You're married to a woman with a police record. And I'm not talking about Zenyatta Mondata." Javier from the TV show FELICITY