View Full Version : List your latest dancing achievement

Aussie Willy
01-25-2004, 12:11 AM
I have to brag because recently I got the waltz 3-turn working really well. It is feeling very comfortable and after so many years of ice dancing they are really coming together. So my coach is happy and I feel like I have accomplished something. And also I am getting the waltz feel with them as opposed to just doing a waltz-3.

So what is your latest step that is working?

backspin
01-25-2004, 10:41 AM
My Kilian choctaw is *almost* always consistent now. I could always do it, some of the time, but it's been a few months of really hard work to get it to be right every time. I still fall over it occasionally, but that's really rare now.

I've also been working a lot on every twizzle imaginalbe, & those are coming along very nicely. I love twizzles! :D

Mrs Redboots
01-25-2004, 10:52 AM
My Swing Dance Mohawk is much improved, but not perfect yet. Robert and I can now do a mean Riolado Samba! Probably very badly, but still. We can also do the change-of-hold part of the Starlight Waltz - Robert can do the whole dance, but the men's steps are a very great deal easier than the women's.

rinsk
01-25-2004, 12:52 PM
I can survive a full pattern of partnered Tango Romantica. It's likely ugly, likely funny looking, but I can get through it in time to restart at the right part of the music (or at least I could last week... I haven't been able to get my foot in my skate since my run-in with broken glass on Tuesday... hmph... that's my new ice dance goal: get the skate on...).

Aussie Willy
01-26-2004, 02:06 AM
Rinsk - that is painful - OW!!!

Annabel - what is the Riolado Samba - I have not heard of it.

Mrs Redboots
01-26-2004, 06:59 AM
It's a dumbed-down version of the Silver Samba, for those who, like me, can't manage the full version. Basically you just leave out all those steps where anybody is going backwards, so after the introductory run/lilts, you go straight into the chasse, inside edge, then the the two-foot bit (and you may lift your left foot up, instead of sliding it forward, if you find that easier), two inside edge cross-unders, and restart. It only takes up half the rink, and is quite easy to do. But FAST.

rinsk
01-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Hmm... I don't think I'd like the Riolado Samba. The forward chassees are the part of the dance that always trips me up (and are admittedly part of the reason I'm dragging my feet over doing my US tests: I'd have to start reworking those chassees). The though of having to do them twice in one circuit (though admittedly a good way to practice them...)... Is it done to the Silver Samba music? (wow, that is fast...).

CanAmSk8ter
01-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Four patterns of the Kilian this morning, no mistakes! Ok, the fourth choctaw was a *tiny* bit scratchy, and all four patterns were lacking in power, but I did four without any major interruptions. Since two months ago I couldn't even do the $^%&( choctaw, let alone the whole dance, I'm pretty happy right now.

alexeiluvr
01-26-2004, 07:30 PM
I just learned my first two dances! I just started!

caiterskater
01-26-2004, 08:04 PM
i have perfected the american three turn;)

Aussie Willy
01-27-2004, 04:49 AM
caiterskater - I think I will do that with my coach tomorrow night in our lesson. Thanks for the idea.

I always think the American Waltz is great for kicking people who get in your way. You can just say it was part of the dance.:twisted:

Mrs Redboots
01-27-2004, 06:07 AM
Finally worked out the timing of the Mohawk section of the Starlight Waltz. Can't do it, or not worth a hoot, but I do love to try.

Jess-ka
01-27-2004, 08:15 AM
can finalyy do the rocker in the rocker foxtrot at full speed with out flipping myself over ^_^ :roll:

triple twist
01-28-2004, 12:55 AM
can finally do the starlight on pattern and with deep edges coming around the corner! gotta love it!

Mrs Redboots
01-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by triple twist
can finally do the starlight on pattern and with deep edges coming around the corner! gotta love it! Jammy, jammy, jammy, jammy, jammy! :mrgreen: Talk about jealous..... I adore that dance, but can't do it worth a hoot - I can do all the steps, and that's about all that can be said for it.

Justine_R
01-28-2004, 06:55 AM
My swing and the mohawk !

Mrs Redboots
01-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Justine_R
My swing and the mohawk ! Even more jammy! I'm supposed to compete that dance fairly regularly, and I still can't control the Mohawk. Not always, anyway.....