View Full Version : Outdoor rink in Providence, RI

Zoomana
01-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Has anyone skated at the Fleet rink in Providence, RI? I am going to be in Providence next week during Synchro Easterns and I wondered what it's like, if it's similar to the Frog Pond in Boston. I also wondered how heavily the rules listed on their web site are enforced (i.e., no backwards skating, no spins, no jumps). I love trying out new rinks and love skating outside, but don't want to be bored out of my mind!

morganm
01-24-2004, 06:05 PM
It's hard to believe that a week from now it will almost be over! What level do you/your child skate? My daughter skates junior.

I think the Frog Pond might be bigger but I'm not sure. The rule enforcement when we've gone is pretty dependent on how crowded it is. I doubt that many teams will allow their skaters on that ice - have to watch for dulling of the blades!

Zoomana
01-25-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm an adult skater. I'm actually just going to watch, not competing. I have a friend who is skating in an adult team on Friday afternoon.

I'm getting to Providence sort of early because I'm taking the tran and hopefully I can get some fun skating in beforehand!