View Full Version : I Passed!!!!

NickiT
07-16-2002, 04:57 AM
:D I just wanted to share with you that this morning I took my NISA Inter-Bronze Field Moves Test and passed!!! I forgot how completely nerve-wracking doing these tests is and I didn't skate my complete best. In fact I even touched down my free foot on the consecutive FO3s and thought I'd blown my chances but I managed to come back and prove to the judges that I can do these things. I even managed my back three turns which was the exercise I hate the most. When the judges told me I'd passed I received a huge cheer from my friends, most of whom were there as their children were taking tests.

Batikat is testing too today, so I wish her luck, though I have every confidence that she'll pass.

Nicki

batikat
07-16-2002, 05:45 AM
Congrats to Nicki - though I already said this as she was on her way out as I was going in...
And yes I passed. They just managed to squeeze the 2 of us ladies doing dance tests on to the end of the Free tests session this morning (for those of you who know her the other lady was Sue). We started with Dance moves level 1 - very nerve racking but we both passed those. Then Novice Foxtrot and Rythm Blues and we both passed those. We are very glad to see the back of the Novice Foxtrot - it may be a good warm-up exercise but I hate trying to make it go round the corners! Mine was a bit scratchy but I blame the nerves. Tests are much worse than competitions. Even if you do badly in competitions you still get a mark and may even not be last but if you skate badly in a test, you fail and that is not nice- though they do kindly mark it as 'retry' rather than fail. Anyway we didn't get any of those this morning. Although i didn't skate the Dutch waltz and Canasta Tango as well as can do, I still passed and it wasn't a 'just scraped through' either. Sue took the variation level 1 and passed that too - i didn't do this as i had not practised it and I am not good at changing a dance half way through (well not when I have to do it deliberately and at the same spot twice in a row!). I like doing original dance but unfortunately you can't test that until you have tested a few levels of variations so I'm not sure I'll ever get to test my favourite area. Lastly we did level 1 free dances and easily passed those too despite a few wobbles and I got nice comments on my programe and 'use of arms'.
So we are all feeling very pleased with ourselves.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

NickiT
07-16-2002, 06:49 AM
Well Done Gail. I knew you'd do it!!!! Aren't we all a bunch of happy adults here at Bracknell :D :D :D :D . And congrats to Sue too.

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
07-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Yesss!!! Well done, you Bracknell bunch.

[b:feda58c570][size=24:feda58c570][color=red:feda58c570]C[/color:feda58c570][color=orange:feda58c570]O[/color:feda58c570][color=yellow:feda58c570]N[/color:feda58c570][color=green:feda58c570]G[/color:feda58c570][color=blue:feda58c570]R[/color:feda58c570][color=indigo:feda58c570]A[/color:feda58c570][color=violet:feda58c570]T[/color:feda58c570][color=red:feda58c570]U[/color:feda58c570][color=orange:feda58c570]L[/color:feda58c570][color=yellow:feda58c570]A[/color:feda58c570][color=green:feda58c570]T[/color:feda58c570][color=blue:feda58c570]I[/color:feda58c570][color=indigo:feda58c570]O[/color:feda58c570][color=violet:feda58c570]N[/color:feda58c570][color=red:feda58c570]S[/color:feda58c570][color=orange:feda58c570]![/color:feda58c570][/size:feda58c570][/b:feda58c570]

Anyway, not to diminish anybody's achievements, but the judges who participated in the seminar on dance moves at the British Adult Championships said we'd all pass Level 1. And if Batikat and Sue skated the way I know they are able (Nicki, too, of course, but I'm talking dance here), then there was absolutely no question but that they would pass. Wouldn't stop them - or anybody - being nervous, though.

I, too, hate the Novice Foxtrot. In the olden days, when you had to do it solo to pass Prelim, I know one woman who had tried for six months, six, to get round the corner without falling off the edge, and then when it came to it, the judges stopped her (to pass her) long before she reached that corner. She was furious! I, too, fell off the edge when I took it as part of the old Novice, years ago, and expected to be made to reskate, which you could do then, but passed without, to my surprise.

flo
07-16-2002, 10:28 AM
:D :) :wink:

garyc254
07-16-2002, 01:11 PM
A BIG HIGH-FIVE to both Nicki and Gail !!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm sure you're both glad it's over and ready to move on to new things.

As far as your personal skating wobbles, always remember that we are our own worst critics. What seems a crevice to us is a blade mark to others.

Once again, WAY TO GO, GIRLS!!!!!!!

TashaKat
07-17-2002, 05:13 AM
[color=blue:39a1eb81b4][size=18:39a1eb81b4][b:39a1eb81b4]Well done :) that's FANTASTIC :D[/color:39a1eb81b4][/b:39a1eb81b4][/size:39a1eb81b4]

L x

melanieuk
07-17-2002, 07:02 AM
:lol:
What a hero!!
I'm so pooh at IBFMs that I can't imagine [i:691e300b30]ever[/i:691e300b30] testing them.
I'd probably fall on the BO3s under testing pressure!

Well done. :wink:
Both of you! :lol:

icenut84
07-17-2002, 07:25 AM
Well done!!![/b:b4ad936ff6]
Just out of interest, what is on the Inter-Bronze field moves test?

twinkle
07-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Each exercise is one circuit of the rink unless otherwise stated.

1. Changes of edge, starting with RFO-RFI, push into LFI-LFO, then RFO-RFI again, crosses in a circle, then LFO-LFI, RFI-RFO, LFO-LFI. They can either be done in a line down the middle of the rink or the side, I've seen both ways.

2. Consecutive FO 3s, ie. start with LFO3, then push straight into RFO3.

3. FI 3s with crossovers, start with RFI 3, push onto a LFO edge, cross onto RFI edge, then push into a LFI3 and repeat.

4. Circular BO3s with mohawk. Start with LFO 3, RBO3, then mohawk onto LBI edge and repeat in a circle. This exercise is started in the middle and makes a figure of eight with one circle in each direction.

5. One foot wiggles, snake, power pulls, whatever you want to call them. Start with forward wiggles on the right leg down one side of the rink, on the left down the other side and then repeat backwards.

6. Consecutive backwards cross-rolls, ie. RBO-LBO-RBO-LBO

Well done Nicki!
I've been doing these FOREVER. I failed them last year because of "lack of flow and speed", even though my coach thought it was the best I'd ever skated them and so did everyone else watching. Hopefully soon I'll be able to test and get rid of them.