View Full Version : Music to help you skate

batikat
01-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Has anyone else found that their skating improves when certain songs are playing?

I find my jumps work best to S Club 7's 'Reach' (is that it's name or just the only word I remember??!) Must be something about the timing that fits just right and the motivation of 'Reach!' Girls Aloud singing 'Jump' (or better yet the original version) is quite good too.

We found that Will Youngs' 'Leave Right Now' is a good spinning song...

Footwork (particularly rockers) improves if 'Starry Eyed Surprise' is playing.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

babeonblades
01-17-2004, 06:01 PM
oh my god yess i thouht i was the only one ya i find any of the music i listen i the car like pop/dance music i wanna skate too sumtimes when theres not to many people on i'll ask them to put a few of my cd on like jlo or other music with good beats sooo funn i always feel like i wanna dance. oo0o0 i like michael jackson too

dbny
01-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Bob Dylan - Everyone Must Get Stoned

? - Boyz n the Hood

kayskate
01-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Anything upbeat that I like. Past favorites are good. I made a CD of some favs from the 80s. Always got me going on the ice.

Kay

Cinderella
01-18-2004, 08:26 AM
As I posted earlier regarding one of my practices, when Pirates of the Caribbean was on, I was sort of ho-hum skating. Then the Rolling Stones came on, and it was like a new person took over my legs!

NickiT
01-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Trust you Batikat!!! We did have a good spinning session when Will Young was on didn't we? One of my best parallels ever happened then! Also was fun doing jumps class to the Girls Aloud song "Jump"! Must try and pinch daughter's copy of S Club 7 and see if my jumps are even better with "Reach"!!! See you soon!

Nicki

jenlyon60
01-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Buddha Bar II (album name)

Any of the Hotel Costes albums by Stephane Pompagnac

Old Kylie Minogue

Some techno & house music

Justine_R
01-18-2004, 10:04 AM
I love the reach song!