View Full Version : Pairs Skating Urgent

caiterskater
01-11-2004, 04:24 PM
hello my name is Caitlin and i am searching for a male pairs partner that lives in the toronto area and i am looking for some pairs tryouts:x but i cant find any around here so if any of u know where any of them are that are near there!!i am 13 and have my jr.silver freeskate and have been looking for a partner for almost 3 years and still havent found a partner yet!!!k well plz email me back at flirty_gurl765@hotmail.com thankz alot:cry:

jenlyon60
01-11-2004, 04:48 PM
check out the web site IcePartnerSearch (http://www.icepartnersearch.com)

There are both pairs and dance listings there.

jp1andOnly
01-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Caitlin

Have you posted your biography on the skate canada website? Are you training at Cricket club. I suggest you give them a call and talk to a couple of the pairs coaches there. They might have more input. Call up Barrie as well. If you have searched all over your area and come up with nothing perhaps you will have to relocate.

I would concentrate on improving your singles. Most males pairs partners around your age would probably want someone attempting or landing double axels. Remember the guys are usually a little older. I would suggest you get a competitive test tested as soon as you can. Perhaps you can test your prenovice.

Best of luck

triple twist
01-11-2004, 06:23 PM
yes, post your name on the Skate Canada Directory, that is the biggest first step I believe.

13 is a good age to be in about novice or junior pairs, so if you really want a partner, you need to put yourself out there fast!

Good Luck!

Justine_R
01-13-2004, 08:23 PM
This thread was really helpful for me too!Thanx caitlin!