View Full Version : I'm a Senior Citizen!

dbny
01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I visited a few upstate rinks today and found out that at one of them, anyone over 50 qualifies for the Senior Citizen's discount and gets to skate public sessions for only $2. There is one every weekday and they are reputed to be pretty empty. Now all I have to do is sell my house and move!

jazzpants
01-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by dbny
I visited a few upstate rinks today and found out that at one of them, anyone over 50 qualifies for the Senior Citizen's discount and gets to skate public sessions for only $2. There is one every weekday and they are reputed to be pretty empty. Now all I have to do is sell my house and move! CHEAP!!!! :mrgreen: (The discount that is...)

Mrs Redboots
01-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Now you know exactly which town to move to! Maybe they'll have your dream house for sale, 2 minutes' walk from the rink....

dbny
01-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
Now you know exactly which town to move to! Maybe they'll have your dream house for sale, 2 minutes' walk from the rink....

We were re-visiting our second choice dream house when we found this rink. It's 20 minutes away, and there are gas stations, super markets, thrift shops, etc on the way. Not walking distance, but very convenient all the same.

Isk8NYC
01-09-2004, 09:18 PM
This is great news! Take advantage of the discount and remember, you're only as old as you feel. (My right knee feels like it's 90. The rest of me is youthful!

Congrats!

Andie
01-09-2004, 11:32 PM
My mom's almost 58, but doesn't know how to skate (that rhymed). She's only sometimes eligible for Senior Citizen discount - some places here want you to be 60+ or 65+ in order to get the discount.