View Full Version : Article on Atlanta adult skater

Roseline
01-06-2004, 07:51 AM
I thought that this might interest some of you:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/living/0104/03skateside.html

Elsy2
01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks for posting this link. It's always nice to read about other adult skaters. He's done very well to be at silver level after 7 years I think. I predict an axel in his future 8-) As for me, I started a few month before my 43rd birthday. I'm in my 7th year, but an axel will be only in my dreams! I'm happy to have accomplished "Bronze for Life"....

Mel On Ice
01-06-2004, 10:37 AM
you and me both Elsy...

skaternum
01-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Once they announced the mandatory MITF tests for adults, my personal goal was to compete Bronze in all 4 age classes. :D But I managed to get my rear in gear and pass the Silver freeskate just in time, so now my goal is to compete Silver in the last 3 age classes!! LOL!

Michigansk8er
01-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I started skating 5 years ago this month, a month shy of 45. I had skated for 2 years in my mid-20's, but my focus was on dance at that time. I will be Silver for life, that's for sure. There is no way I will ever be able to pass the Gold moves, let alone do an axel. In hindsight, I should have stayed Bronze for life. I did start working on an axel several years ago, and really hoped to get there. Old age and injuries got in the way, darn it all. Now I'll never know......but I like to dream that I would have been able to learn one. :D I hope he gets it. That would be cool. It's not easy to learn this stuff as you get older and your reaction time slows down.

Andie
01-13-2004, 12:00 AM
I started ice skating lessons a couple of months after my 15th birthday, and I thought that was too late. This makes me feel better. :)