View Full Version : Adult Skater Club Survey

singerskates
07-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Please pring out and hand to your club official.

Brigitte Laskowski
933 Frank Ave.
Windsor, ON
Canada
N8S 3P4

Email: singerskates@musicinit.com Subject line: Canadian Adult Skaters

To whom it may concern;

I am writing in regards to Adult Competitive Skaters in (insert section name) Clubs. I am working with other Adult Skaters in Canada, with a group formed 4 months ago called Compadultsk8s (http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/compadultsk8s/). Our objective is to compile a list of Canadian Adult skaters in clubs in Canada and provide this list to Skate Canada. The goal of the Adult group is a Canadian Adult National Competition in the future. Skate Canada needs the information and we are trying to provide it to Skate Canada.

I have enclosed a few questions and hope that you will not mind sending the questions out to all clubs and passing on the Competitive Adult Skater URL to all adult skaters.

(Insert section name) CLUB SURVEY RE. ADULT COMPETITIVE SKATERS

Name of club______________________________________________ _____

# of Registered Adult Skaters______________________________________

(If you do not have any Adult skaters proceed to the bottom of the page.)

# of Competitive ______________________
# of Beginner ______________________
# Taking tests ______________________

EVENTS

How many skate ladies INTERPRETIVE ?____________________
How many skate mens INTERPRETIVE ? ____________________
How many skate ladies FREESTYLE ? ____________________
How many skate mens FREESTYLE ? ____________________
How many skate DANCE? ____________________
How many skate PAIRS? ____________________

CLUBS WITHOUT ADULT SKATERS ( PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS)

Is your club looking into adding an ADULT program in the future? yes__ no___

Thank you to the (insert section name) Section for distributing this survey to all clubs.
Thank you to the clubs for answering this survey and replying.

"Compadultsk8s " is an independent Adult Skater International member group hoping to provide Skate Canada with information .

Suggestions for starting Adult Sessions

Extra ice time is not necessary for Adult skater if numbers are low. Can Skate ice time is a starting place.
Parents of skaters and former skaters, are the one's to help get a program started.

Please mail survey to the above address after fall registration.

Respectfully,
Brigitte Laskowski
Competitive Adult Skaters' group owner
Adult competitive skater

singerskates
07-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Keep printing the survey and handing it out.

singerskates
07-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Keep it up.

Lee
07-17-2002, 12:05 AM
You do realize that the vast majority of clubs in this country do NOT function during the summer -- most are lucky if someone even picks up the mail!

You are likely to get far better response from your survey in September when all the 'average' clubs do their registrations and actually have their boards in place and functional.

Imo
07-17-2002, 01:37 AM
[quote:99f4142157="Lee"]You do realize that the vast majority of clubs in this country do NOT function during the summer -- most are lucky if someone even picks up the mail![/quote:99f4142157]

Lee, maybe our club's weird... I'm on the exec for my club, and this is nearly our busiest time of year (just the exec, the club's shut down over the summer) - finalizing what times we have the ice, what we are doing on those hours, getting registration forms organized, printed and distributed, planning registration days and info sessions for new parents in the club, getting ads created for the local papers and the city's seasonal guide and flyers for the schools, and figuring out test dates... Not to mention planning our competition ([i:99f4142157]that's[/i:99f4142157] our busiest time of year) and getting started on the ice show planning.

That said, if I were to bring in the survey, it would not even be looked at until after the first week of september or so... (But I can tell you now that unless things change over our next registration, we have two adults, no specific program though - we just skate with the kids, and we both compete and test (free, solo dance, skills, whatever else is available...) :D )

singerskates
07-17-2002, 02:08 PM
[quote:17a0e9028b="Lee"]You do realize that the vast majority of clubs in this country do NOT function during the summer -- most are lucky if someone even picks up the mail!

You are likely to get far better response from your survey in September when all the 'average' clubs do their registrations and actually have their boards in place and functional.[/quote:17a0e9028b]

I know that most clubs are shut down now but they are doing their planning and can ask the adult skaters as they register in the fall what their plans are and record it on the survey sheet and also hand out compadultsk8s URL link so that they can join.