View Full Version : Chesapeake Open

RNsk8r
12-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know if the Chesapeake open offers young adult events? I know that they tend to have a fairly healthy turnout of adults, and was wondering if anyone remembered if they offered young adult. If not, do you know if they would allow a young adult(23) skater to skate in the adult events? Thanks

Debbie S
01-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Looking at last year's results, it doesn't look like they had Young Adult. Here is the link with an e-mail address, if you want to contact the organizers.

http://www.baltofsc.org/chesapeakeopen.asp

I think it's a small comp in terms of the number of adults that enter. In fact, they don't have pre-Bronze. I'd like to compete there - it's 20 minutes away! - but I'll have to pass both pre-Bronze MIF and FS before the entry deadline. And of course, I'll need to learn some more jumps to be remotely competitive, but first things first. ;)

flo
01-05-2004, 09:46 AM
It has taken years to get the Chesapeake Open to have adult events under the adult categories. In the past the under 25 skaters have had to enter under their correct standard event. In a few cases they have been put with the adults after all the entries were received.