View Full Version : Congratulations to all new skaters thread # 1 for 2003.

FSWer
12-30-2003, 11:32 PM
A while back I talked about stating a thread for congratulating all new skaters from the previous year as far as them becoming a new Pairs skater,Ice-Dancer,Synchro.Skater,or just a new skater in genual. Since tomorrow is New Years Eve I thought this would be a good time to post this. So any brand new skaters from 2003?

Sk8Bunny
12-30-2003, 11:45 PM
This isnt my first year skating, but it was my first year to pairs skate. Maybe next year I will actually get a real partner instead of just working with a coach. lol.

JessicaLynn
12-31-2003, 10:05 AM
I don't know if this counts, but I just got my first pair of "real" skates and I am taking my first ever lessons in a few weeks! :)

NetExpress
12-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Finally I turned my self from a skating mom into the third skater of the family at the beginning of this year.

After almost a year of skating, I feel comfortable doing sal and toe and start working on flip (that loop is just impossible to me). One foot spin finally looks nature so I move on to work on scratch spin and sit spin.

My biggest moment on ice was hearing my girl said to me: Mom you jumped 3 inches off the ice!!

FSWer
12-31-2003, 09:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Carleenp
12-31-2003, 11:15 PM
I started the learn to skate program at the end of the year and am about to finish adult level two. I love it! I plan to stick with this!

skatepixie
01-01-2004, 12:07 AM
I started in March 2003! I love it so much. I have all my singles cept for loop and axel! My sal is often cheated tho, due to bad coaching a while back. Its getting better though. My group coach is great, and I kept him, and dropped the private coach. My skating is soooo much better after that! Yep, I did better with just group lessons.

Justine_R
01-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Lol happy new year all!