View Full Version : Achilles Bunga Pads

MissIndigo
12-28-2003, 01:41 PM
I am certain I will order some of these to help cushion my heel spurs and further prevent heel slippage in my skates but I do have a question for those of you who have them.

Their website states that the small/medium size fits most, and that the large size fits most men's sizes 8 and up. Well, I wear a street shoe size 10 and my skates are an 8 1/2, and I was wondering if any of you had experience with this bunga pad sizing with feet close in size to mine.

Elsy2
12-29-2003, 09:44 AM
My daughter wore these several years ago for the same reason, to prevent heel slippage, and she did have those heel bumps too. I still have one, and so just slipped it on. I'm quite sure the size on this would be the smaller one. It fits me just fine, and I also wear a size 8 1/2 skate, 9 1/2 street shoe.

I don't know if they've changed the design over the years, but this is a stretchy elastic sleeve with a gel padded area that goes over your heel and achilles tendon area. IMO the larger size would be too big.

You can telephone Absolute Athletics in California and they will give you sizing advice on the phone. I have an old order form with phone info.....(888)BUNGA PAD. They also list this number (510) 527-9927 for technical assistance.

mikawendy
12-29-2003, 12:59 PM
The pro shop that I go to sells Silipos brand gel padded sleeves. I bought one sleeve and cut it into two 4" long sleeves, one for each ankle. I don't know if they have different sizes like the Bunga brand. (They have sleeves for different parts of the body, including toes and fingers.)

Sorry I don't have a web site, but I thought you might be interested to know there's more than one brand out there...