View Full Version : Black Sheep's New K-Pick Blades

Black Sheep
12-23-2003, 05:50 PM
I finally got to try out my new Phantom K-Pick blades today. They already make my double toe loop jumps a whole lot more fun and consistent! Only problem is, I can't seem to find skate guards to fit them. Any ideas? 8-)

MQSeries
12-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I have Pattern 99 K-pick, and the 2 pieces guards with the spring in the middle fit my blade fine.

triple twist
12-23-2003, 10:42 PM
What is a K-pick blade? Can you show me a website or a picture??

MQSeries
12-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Here's a sample of a K-pick. See how the pick head has like an extra layer with picks on the left and right side of it. Different manufacturer will have a slightly different look to the toepick section.

http://www.johnwilsonskates.com/blades/index.html

triple twist
12-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Ooooo.. interesting! How are you toe loops coming along Black Sheep?

Thanks for that MQSeries!

Black Sheep
12-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by triple twist
Ooooo.. interesting! How are you toe loops coming along Black Sheep?

Everything will come great as soon as I get a decent sharpening. This morning I showed them to my coach, and was botching all my maneuvers because blades weren't quite making full contact with the ice. My coach said since they were new, they were probably "factory sharpened". :roll:

MissIndigo
12-24-2003, 07:03 PM
That's good to hear that these blades have improved your double toes already! I've been thinking about upgrading to a K-pick sometime in the next year, even though I've just been doing singles. However, even on the single toe, I am scared to death of the toe pick slipping (I'm skating in an MK Professional right now). At this stage it may just be my technique that needs work rather than a blade change, but my strength and overall quality of my skating has improved since I switched from Risports to Klingbeils and I'm ready to get back into some more freestyle elements...so that change just makes me wonder what different blades would do.