View Full Version : Modern Tango Music

96.23??
12-22-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm doing a pairs program this year with a friend and we are looking for music.

Does anyone know of or heard any tangos that are a more modern/techno version?

CanAmSk8ter
12-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Bond has a version of Astor Piazzolla's "Libertango" on their first CD (I think it's the one called "Shine"), but it's very overused already, both the original and Bond versions. Is this for competing, or just for shows/fun? Another possibility would be the tango from "Moulin Rouge", but it has vocals.

96.23??
12-22-2003, 04:55 PM
This is for competing, but vocals are allowed.

About the tango from moulin rouge, I downloaded it it's called El tango de Roxanne, do you know if this was made just for the movie? or were the lyrics just put in? Because I think it would work better with no lyrics... Does anyone know if this was a remake or where I can find a copy with no lyrics?

rinsk
12-22-2003, 07:58 PM
I think I've seen people skate to an instrumental version so it must be floating around somewhere.

There's a great drum tango called Tango Para Percuzion on the Tango movie soundtrack.

mousey
12-23-2003, 01:39 AM
theres a tango-ish piece from scent of a woman. but its pretty popular. also, theres jalousie which sale/pelletier skated to in their olympic year.

Aussie Willy
12-23-2003, 05:03 AM
The Tango Roxanne used in Moulin Rouge was actually the song "Roxanne" by the band the Police. And then they just stuck a tango flavour over the top of it. So it was created for the movie.

If you want good tango music I suggest listen to Astor Piazzolla because I just love his music. In fact the cellist Yo Yo Ma did an album of Piazzolla which is fantastic.

If you are allowed to use vocals there is a song by some pop artist which uses the music of "Hernando's Hideaway" but I have no idea who the singer was and what was the songs name - something like "dance the night away". Someone else might be able to help here.

Mrs Redboots
12-23-2003, 06:22 AM
We used the tango from Evita: "On this night of a thousand stars", which worked very well indeed.

Magz
12-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Aussie Willy
If you are allowed to use vocals there is a song by some pop artist which uses the music of "Hernando's Hideaway" but I have no idea who the singer was and what was the songs name - something like "dance the night away". Someone else might be able to help here.
Is that Dance With Me by Debelah Morgan? I think Tara Lipinski skated to it for SOI