View Full Version : What skating move would you like for Christmas?

sk8er1964
12-19-2003, 10:42 PM
In the non-skating area, they were talking about Christmas wishes. If you could choose any one (or more) skating wishes, what would they be? (Realistic or unrealistic apply.)

For me, they would be:

To get 2-3 solid doubles by the next AN
One of my adult skating friends gets her crossovers
Another adult skating friend gets her lutz
One of my kid skating friends gets her axel
My coach achieves his next skating goal
To go to the Mountain Cup

Elsy2
12-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I want to go to the Mountain Cup with you Sk8er1964! My friends and I have talked about it for years. That and Skate Aloha every spring.

My wish is simple...just a nice camel spin. That's all I've ever wanted :frus:

MissIndigo
12-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Let's see...I would like...

a faster camel spin
my layback spin to come back
power threes on the right foot that don't suck
a flying camel to return
get some courage back to try some more advanced jumps

I've been out of the freestyle loop for a few months, having focused on my moves for the most part. Next session, though, I get to start on some of the Silver moves. Yay.

Isk8NYC
12-19-2003, 11:08 PM
What a great question! Let's see, without asking for a miracle, maybe St. Nicholas will bring me:

∙ The return of my jumps, including the axel.
∙ More extension on my layback spin.

That's enough. There's no star in the east tonight, so I won't ask for doubles.

Sk8Bunny
12-20-2003, 12:40 AM
For Christmas I want:

- all my doubles up to lutz consistent
-land, or have good attempts, at double axel in the next year
-compete regionals
-make it to Jr Nationals as an intermediate and have all my doubles. I'd say 'and have a triple too', but i know that is asking Santa for way too much:lol:

Lofty goals(wishes), i know, but hey, thats what christmas is for- wishing for the unordinary and far-fetched stuff!

jazzpants
12-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Great topic!!! :D :D :D Let's see now....

Dear Santa,

I've been an angel all year. Could you please bring me all the elements needed so I could pass my Bronze Moves and Bronze FS (so I would be eligible for AN?) Pretty please with sugar on top? :halo: :mrgreen:

triple twist
12-20-2003, 01:47 AM
To have all my doubles (maybe not the axel) by the end of the spring season...and I wish them to be consistant!! I really have to work hard on that!

Black Sheep
12-20-2003, 07:35 AM
1. A Biellman spin.
2. A Russian split jump.
3. A flying sit that actually tucks and gets up off the ice.
4. Consistent double-toe and double-loop jumps.
5. Intermediate MIF patterns that test judges would be happy to pass me on. 8-)

Figureskates
12-20-2003, 07:57 AM
Dear Santa:

I would love to have for Christmas:

1) My toeloop which is currently being most evasive

2) My one foot spin and not look like a drunken Flamingo
doing it.

3) My back crossovers, especially more speed and more grace.

4) Knocking about 30 years off my age. 28 would be nice.

5) Some day getting it all together so I can try AN at least
once.

I have been a good boy all year and have eatern all my Spinach and Brussel Sprouts.

Justine_R
12-20-2003, 11:27 AM
I would like:
~Land my Axel and Doubles solidly~
~Pass my Preliminary skills~
~Let my younger friend get her canskate stage 4~

miss cleo
12-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like the ability to shut my brain off (and the negative dialog that goes with it) at competition and just skate the program from my heart.

Please, Santa, help skaters everywhere understand that competition is about being the best you can be and fulfilling the potential in each of us individually and that the real winners at competitions are not always those who win the trinkets, but are the skaters who dig down inside and rise up to their personal best.

Finally Santa, remind us all that sucess in life, and skating comes in very measured, small doses. Encourage us to celebrate all the good things we have learned and to appreciate their importance in the big picture. Beautiful programs, grand jumps and spins start by mastering simple edges.

It's Christmas everyday when your a skater!

icenut84
12-20-2003, 12:36 PM
If I could only choose one thing for Christmas, I would ask for a scratch spin. Other things I wouldn't turn down would be to have all my jumps up to lutz consistent, to be working on the axel (and successful with it), to be having regular lessons again and be making obvious progress, to be a good spinner, to be able to move like Oksana Baiul on the ice, to get back into ice dance again, etc etc etc. :) Pretty please, Santa? I want a scratch spin :cry:

Terri C
12-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Dear Santa,
All year long, you have probably been watching from the North Pole as I struggle for a clean, consistent loop jump, and more complete undercuts on my backcrossovers. That's all I want for Christmas this year, as they are the critical isssues on passing my Adult Bronze MIF and FS tests!
Wait, I forgot one thing- we have started a new club down here in Southern VA and we are eliglible to apply for USFSA provisional status on December 26th! Can you help us on that one please? We need help with negotiating club ice- management has been a little uncooperative with us! Thanks!

AshBugg44
12-20-2003, 04:03 PM
- Better prelim moves
- An uncheated axel

Mrs Redboots
12-20-2003, 04:26 PM
To stop bottling out of everything!
A decent spin
3-turns that actually cover the ice
To win a dance competition against half-decent opposition
To meet up with Elsy2 and Sk8r1964 at the Mountain Cup (by the way, if either or both of you two would like to join the Mountain Cup Yahoo Group, let me know; ditto if you haven't seen this year's schedules, which are now out).

batikat
12-20-2003, 06:31 PM
A loop jump
A camel spin
Backward inside and outside 3's please.

with only one more lesson before christmas I can't see me getting them. Maybe I'll have to settle for christmas 2004!!!

garyc254
12-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I want all of the things everyone else has already wished for, but I'd settle for a decent right front outside edge. :oops:

CanAmSk8ter
12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Ok, Santa, please keep in mind I've been very, very good this year. I'm training super hard and I'm probably getting two A's and a B in school this semester.

I'd like a partner, first and foremost. It'd be really nice if he were hot and single too, but as long as he's a guy my level willing to skate with me I'd settle for that.

I'd like to get my Novice moves going a little better. I really should get someone to just teach them to me, but I don't have enough lesson time right now to do anything but work on my dances.

I'd like to finish my Silver dances, if you could come up with some way for me to actually be able to test them without having my coach be away or working and without a stupid snowstorm coming up. If the best you can do is send someone else to test them with me if necessary, I could deal with that. (Especially if he's young, hot, and... ok, I'm getting greedy here. Never mind. :oops: )

I'd love to get one Pre-Gold passed by this time next year.

I suppose everyone else is asking for things for other people too... so Santa, please let my best friends skate well at Nationals and maybe get an international this year. I know that's probably more than they're hoping for, but they're my best friends and they deserve it, b/c they help me out a lot and they're the best friends I could ask for. And please let everyone from the rink skate well at Nationals and Worlds.

Stormy
12-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Dear Santa, well, as you know I am finally 25 and can go to AN, so I am asking for a nice consistent axel so I can be competitive in Silver.
I'd also like to pass my Intermediate moves within the next couple months since I have been working so hard on them all year.
I'd like to pass my Gold moves by summertime.
And last, I'd like to make final round in Silver I at AN in April.

:)

Michigansk8er
12-21-2003, 03:40 PM
My MAJOR wish is to be able to get back on the ice again.

If that happens.............I want to head to Skate Aloha with Elsy2 (wasn't our original dream to go in '04?) then Mountain Cup with her and Sk8er1964 with my Silver program that is still waiting to be debuted.

rinsk
12-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Dear Santa,

This year, I would like to find a couple of nice fast Tango Romantica backwards twizzles, the sort of twizzles that might make testing a possibility.

The opportunity to upgrade some of my "pretend" double jumps to "real" double jumps would also be appreciated.

I have some nice home made biscotti to put out for you this year.

mousey
12-21-2003, 04:59 PM
land double flip
layback spin
flying camel
double lutz
outside spread eagle!!!

techskater
12-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Dear Santa:
I have been very good all year and you've been good to me already during Christmas in July with a consistent double sal and toe, but for Christmas I'd really like a double loop and flip (in the program, too) and the strength to finish my program the way I start it at Mids and AN's.

candace
12-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Dear Santa,
I would love to have my skaters be the best that they can be. I would love for my Junior/Senior lady to get at least two triple consistent. For her to make it to Mids. I would also like my two Intermediate's lady's to make it to final round at Regionals. And for everyone to get all there double consistent and have fast spins.

vesperholly
12-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Dear Santa, I'd really like to get a consistent axel back this year. I would also like to improve my stamina so I can make it through my program and the Novice Moves test. I would like to pass my Silver dances by the summer.

quarkiki2
12-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Dear Santa,

I have been a very, very good girl all year. I have even made my bed and cleaned up my messes.

I would like the following, in no particular order:
1 FO3s
2 FI3s
3 Smoother crossovers, forward and back
4 A bit more courage so that I can actually leave the ice when I "jump" and do my turns on one foot

My instructors have said I've worked very hard and am very close to all of these things. I think a little Christmas magic would help me get over my fear so I can do the things that I know I can do.

Thank you.

Love,
quarkiki

ps. I will leave out some egg nog and homemade pumpkin bread for you. I will also make sure that my dogs don't get to it before you do.

Mel On Ice
12-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Santa Baby -

I've been a very good girl this year... I have endured injuries and physical problems to get to this point. I had my loop and flip for a weekend in March before the ankle fiasco. Any chance I can have them back?

I would also like the change foot spin, the exit for the backspin, a lower sit spin, the power 3s moves and the 5 step mohawk sequence.

Thanks so much. Let me know if you'd like a beer instead of milk on 12/24. But don't drink and sleigh!

Melissa

tazsk8s
12-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Taz's list:

A passing Silver moves test. (Gonna need some help from somewhere on this one. I'm so frustrated with those stinkin' back 3's and back cross strokes I could just spit.)

A camel-sit spin. I can do some form of a camel-backsit but the camel-sit still mystifies me.

An axel. Just one will do. Don't care if it's a fluke.

singerskates
12-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Let's see? I'd like a 6 rev backspin, a 4 rev camel spin, not two footed loop and flip jumps, a lutz and an axel. Also, I'd like to be able to do forward threes with speed clockwise and also open mohawks clockwise. I want to pass my prelim freeskate this January, along with my introductory interpretive FS and a couple of dances.

Brigitte

jp1andOnly
12-23-2003, 10:20 AM
i'd like to land the double flip im now rotating (love losing 70lbs. Makes jumping so much easier. The body still thinks it needs all that energy to lift it but it isnt there anymore) I'd like a decent camel spin that doesn't pee on the fire hydrant. I also wish they had a test day before the end of Jan so I could pass the junior bronze free and I would have the requirements to skate up at Adult canadians. I'd also not like to chicken out of the lutz. I concentrate so hard on not flutzing that I scare myself half to death.

MissIndigo
12-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Well Santa, now that I seem to have found my camel spin again (yay!), how about bringing me my dream spin combination--camel/layback/backsit/backscratch?

Pretty please?

triple twist
12-23-2003, 02:32 PM
I've thought of another thing that I would LOOOOOOOVe to have! Beilman's on both feet please!! And for the beilman I can do already, please please please let it be fast and more than 3 rotations!

mikawendy
12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
I would like a faster, more centered scratch spin with a lovely dinnerplate tracing (and a camera with me so I can snap a pic to prove it :D ) (mine have been all wonky lately due to head cold)

I would also like a real, fast backspin.

I would love to land the loop jump. I started messing around with it the other day and think I might have been close.

... BUT the one thing I would most love would be test-ready, precise alternating forward 3 turns for my upcoming moves test. (Santa, if you can't manage that, please tell the Moves in the Field Fairy to pay me a visit!!)

TreSk8sAZ
12-23-2003, 10:22 PM
My wish list:
AXEL AXEL AXEL
Lutz might be nice too.
Backspin
Passing all 4-5 tests I'm doing in Feb.
Mohawks to actually look like something other than sloppy

ask8ingcat
12-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Here's my wish list:

pass Gold MIF and Freestyle this year,
get a consistent double salchow
improve on presesntation!

This isn't too much to ask for is it?
Cathy

ask8ingcat
12-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Ok, just had a lesson... I would like... A double loop and centered spins ( I am tired of travelling all over the world!...Oh and I would Cathy

melanieuk
12-24-2003, 04:08 PM
backspin - any variation :roll:

~Qtip~
12-24-2003, 04:14 PM
lol, this is such a good topic..

- a triple flip and a triple lutz..

And consistency!8-)

alexeiluvr
12-28-2003, 07:18 PM
-Double axel
-Triple toe
-More consistency on double loop
-Triple lutz (this is gonna be the first triple i land I know, since i landed the double the very first day I tried it!!!

icedream
12-29-2003, 06:13 AM
*land axel
*become faster
*do a good backspin

Tessie
12-30-2003, 12:24 PM
I have very good cross overs (both directions back & forward), good three turns any which way (bo, fi, fo) and good speed.

Now all I need is courage to take them into a scratch spin that spins and waltz jump that's more than three inches off the ice! But most of all, ice time is what I need (want) to get there!:roll: :roll: :roll: