View Full Version : Is it worth re-selling a pair of boots like ....

Aussie Willy
12-17-2003, 06:26 AM
I have a question about re-selling my boots once I get my new ones and I am seeking your opinions.

Anyway the boots I have are a pair of Risports which have holes in the leather inside. They have perished over the last 3 years through a bit of moisture being inside them (no matter how much I aired them after I finished a skating session) and probably parts of my feet rubbing them. But I also understand that Risports do this generally. Otherwise the boots are be fine and in good condition. I will probably sell the blades attached as well.

So just wanting to know would you buy a pair of boots like this or would you not even consider them? I am not trying to sell them on this forum, just seeking your opinions as to what you would buy second hand. If you think YUCK I will definately not be offended because I probably would not buy boots like that myself. So please let me know if you think they would be worth selling in that condition.

Justine_R
12-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Hmmm...If I was a person looking at them i wouldnt buy them so YUCK..but maybe someone else would

Dolly
12-17-2003, 07:00 AM
It doesn't hurt to try to sell them. If there's any life left on the blade, that would be a good feature. If you price them right, you may get a buyer. Can you trade them against your new skates?

I purchased new skates and blades for my daughter last summer and I took her old skates along as a possible trade-in. I was shocked when the lady kindly offered me $200 off the purchase of the new pair. I thought they were worn out, but obviously, they were not. Good luck with finding a buyer.:)

Isk8NYC
12-17-2003, 07:26 AM
I used to trade in my daughter's skates at a pro shop in New Jersey. Some Clubs also have "Skate Swaps" where they exchange skates. It's a great solution for little kids that outgrow the skates very quickly.

Assuming they still have sharpenings left in them, you could put the blades up for sale. State that they're attached to Risports that are well-broken in.

If both boot and blade are in bad shape, you could give them away. I've set out skates with a note: "Free to a Good Home" and people do take them!

skatepixie
12-17-2003, 09:06 PM
I wouldnt buy them. My I wont by ANy used skate. Maybe you could sell them cheeply or give them away to a skater who doesnt have much $.

NickiT
12-18-2003, 06:30 AM
There's no harm in trying to sell them. A newbie adult may want to start out in a secondhand pair, rather than invest in a brand new pair.

Nicki

icedancer2
12-18-2003, 04:20 PM
I would try to sell them -- somebody might just want the blades if the boot isn't quite to their liking...

I have bought used skates when I was just so broke -- actually I traded them in for a pair that were just way too small. I wore those used skates for years even though they were men's -- they fit me great and definitely served their purpose!!

Aussie Willy
12-19-2003, 03:55 AM
FYI - the blades are Coronation Ace and still good. However I am going to get new blades because I am not sure whether the blades would fit the new boots. But new boots and blades - what the heck!!

Thanks for your opinions. No experienced skater would want them, but a newbie would definately be a possibility. I suppose they could fix up the leather inside if they really wanted them. I will probably sell them cheaply.

Justine_R
12-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Thats a good idea.