View Full Version : World Ice Challenge in France in September 2002 (Adult Comp)

whizzoom2002
07-12-2002, 09:33 AM
The World Ice Challenge is an international competition taking place in Bordeaux, France, from 6 - 8 September 2002. It is open to ALL adult skaters over the age of 21. There are categories for free-skating, pairs, and ice dance. There will also be plenty of social dancing, open to both competitors and non-competitors. The events cover all standards of adult skating from novice up to masters.

Bordeaux is in a beautiful historic part of France. There is great French food, wine and Atlantic coastline, and the city has excellent transport links by air, road and rail.

If you love to skate competitively, social dance or spectate, there is still time to get your application in!

The link is from the NISA (UK) website at
www.iceskating.org.uk - take this link, then click "Updates" button. There are rules, entry forms and local information.
(NB. You can click No to the Install Flash prompt and still get thru OK!!)
:D :D :D

Mrs Redboots
07-12-2002, 12:26 PM
[quote:42527a22be="whizzoom2002"]The World Ice Challenge is an international competition taking place in Bordeaux, France, from 6 - 8 September 2002. It is open to ALL adult skaters over the age of 21. There are categories for free-skating, pairs, and ice dance. There will also be plenty of social dancing, open to both competitors and non-competitors. The events cover all standards of adult skating from novice up to masters.[/quote:42527a22be]

I do hope people will seriously think about going. The closing date was to have been 15 July, but has now been extended, I understand. [i:42527a22be]We're[/i:42527a22be] going! In fact, the inaugural World Challenge, two years ago, was held in the UK, and it was Robert's and my debut as a dance couple, and the debut, also, of friends of ours (who are rather better, but then, they were better when they started!). I had a filthy cold that weekend, but it was fun, anyway.

melanieuk
07-13-2002, 09:43 AM
:lol: Good luck for that everyone :)