View Full Version : Adult Sectionals

vesperholly
12-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Ok, the deadline for entries approaches - January 15! Who is going, what Section, and what are you competing in?

sk8er1964
12-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Midwesterns!!! I'll definitely be competing in the Gold Ladies championship event. I need to think about the logistics (and cost)of competing in the open event too. If I do, it will be Gold II.

Are you going, vesperholly?

Stormy
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Yes! Easterns! Silver Free and Silver (maybe Gold) Moves. And yes, I will do the correct moves this year, I promise! :)

Black Sheep
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Championship Gold Ladies @ Adult Mids. in Ohio! 8-)

CanAmSk8ter
12-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Easterns Solo Dance for sure- probably Silver. Anyone know if you can do more than one level? If so I'll probably do Pre-Gold too.

Stormy
12-08-2003, 09:01 PM
I just looked through the announcement, CanAm, and it does say that you can only do one event per discipline. :(

Question to make sure I am interpreting the announcement right. It says for Silver MITF "Must not have passed any higher than the Pre-Juvenile Moves or FS tests, or the Adult Pre-Silver Dance Tests, ot the Adult Silver Moves or FS tests."

Now, I have passed Juvenile moves long before I took any Adult tests, so does that mean I can't do Silver Moves? That dosen't seem fair at all, since the two Silver moves in the competition to do are from Juvenile and Intermediate moves. For Gold, you can't have passed Intermediate Moves, but the two moves are Novice and Intermediate patterns! :?:

Sorry to digress from the topic! :)

CanAmSk8ter
12-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I thought that was the case. I'll probably play it safe and do Silver then, although I guess I have over a month to decide. My Kilian's good, but not THAT good! Then again, Kilian's a little more fun for me than the American... and I'm testing the American hopefully in January, so if I pass I won't feel like working on it through February and March... but if I do Silver I know I'll at least have one person to compete against b/c Vesperholly will be doing Silver (right?)... decisions, decisions!

skaternum
12-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Stormy
It says for Silver MITF "Must not have passed any higher than the Pre-Juvenile Moves or FS tests, or the Adult Pre-Silver Dance Tests, ot the Adult Silver Moves or FS tests."

Now, I have passed Juvenile moves long before I took any Adult tests, so does that mean I can't do Silver Moves?

You are correct. You cannot do Silver MITF, for better or for worse. They're trying to make the MITF requirements match up with the FS requirements, sorta.

vesperholly
12-09-2003, 04:00 PM
I'd love to go back to Easterns, but I might not be able to afford it. :cry: Anyone want to be roomies? PM me!

I would compete in Young Adult Silver FS and probably Silver Solo Dance. I too am planning to test my Rocker and American in January or February depending on the test session, and I don't feel solid enough on the Kilian to compete it. I would rather do Moves, but (oh darn :) ) I passed my Intermediate MIF two years ago.

climbsk8
12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm going to Eastern Sectionals...I just passed my Gold MITF Saturday (THANK GOD!!!) and I'm hoping to pass the freestyle right before the deadline so I can skate gold.

I know I'll get creamed if I try Championship Gold, but the event title sounds so cool I might just have to enter anyway and then not look at the results :)

I might skip Gold moves at Sectionals...I'm so sick of the Novice inside-three pattern I could puke! I've hit the wall no fewer than 15 times working on that move!

Terri C
12-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on this one. I was the one who griped awhile back about the $90.00 for the first event. If Uncle Sam is good to me, I'll be getting new boots and blades after the New Year competition in DC!

Stormy
12-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by skaternum
You are correct. You cannot do Silver MITF, for better or for worse. They're trying to make the MITF requirements match up with the FS requirements, sorta.

That's such a bummer, since I don't even know the Novice pattern that's on Gold. Maybe I'll try and learn it and make it competable in time for Sectionals.

climbsk8
12-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I recommend working on that move early and often...and watch out for the boards:oops:

sk8er1964
12-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by climbsk8
I recommend working on that move early and often...and watch out for the boards:oops:

And bend your knees a lot. If you lose the knee bend you will be in the wall for sure :roll:. Evil coach put them in my new program, in the CW direction, no less. I told him he was evil, and he just laughed :lol:.

SkateGuard
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Well, my coach is bringing a small horde (at least 6 skaters) to Mids, plus two friends from Detroit makes 8. What fun!

Erin
(who just saw an awesome comp this weekend...all of the adults skated well and had a great time!)

ClevelandDancer
12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Stormy
That's such a bummer, since I don't even know the Novice pattern that's on Gold. Maybe I'll try and learn it and make it competable in time for Sectionals.

Stormy, a question (possibly stupid). I haven't seen the competition announcement, but are they letting "young adults" into the Gold MITF event? Or is the birthday deadline different than the other USFSA events (July 1, 2003)? I looked at your profile and noticed you turned the magic 25 after that date, I was just wondering.

I'm not participating in Adult Sectionals. Mids are very close to where I live, but I'm on hiatus from skating because I'm pregnant with twins :D

Stormy
12-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes, they will let young adults into MIF events. They let me do Silver MIF last year. I think because it's a Non-Qualifying competition, they're less restrictive. As for the birthday rule, I'm not sure. I think it's age and test by the deadline, not July 1st. :)

SkateGuard
12-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ClevelandDancer
I'm not participating in Adult Sectionals. Mids are very close to where I live, but I'm on hiatus from skating because I'm pregnant with twins :D

Well, I hope you have the time and energy to come and watch...I would recommend Championship Masters Men and Ladies. Larry Holliday and Deedee Reeves, the defending champs, are both from the Chicago area and will be qualifying through Mids.

And congrats on the twins!

Erin
(who is still bummed that she missed Larry at AN's, but was doing a favor for a friend :D )

Mrs Redboots
12-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ClevelandDancer
I'm not participating in Adult Sectionals. Mids are very close to where I live, but I'm on hiatus from skating because I'm pregnant with twins :D Wow, congratulations! I'm sure the rink/club that's hosting Mids would appreciate any help you feel able to give, assuming you are "still around" at that stage.

ClevelandDancer
12-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the congrats :) I don't really have the energy to volunteer (and I will be about the size of a house by that point!), but hopefully I'll be able to come and watch some anyway! :)

ask8ingcat
12-22-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm going. Silver Ladies II and Artistic, Pacific Coast Sectionals. I can't wait :)
c

PattyP
12-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ask8ingcat
I'm going. Silver Ladies II and Artistic, Pacific Coast Sectionals. I can't wait :)
c

Me too!

PattyP

Cinderella
12-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Mids Gold FS III will be my first competition ever as an adult. 8O

I believe I'm part of the "horde" that SkateGuard/Erin mentioned above. My stomach is nervous just filling out the application form!

But I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person and just making it through without fainting!

techskater
12-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Cinderella:
As one of the "oldesters" of the horde (this'll be my 4th Mids and Nationals), I know you'll be fine as our coach won't let you think about it.

I am going to Mids (obviously) and skating Championship Gold, Gold 1, and Masters Interp 1