View Full Version : Blade/Sharpening Problem

RNsk8r
12-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem. I have Gold Seals blades that are about 9 months old. For the past two or three months, I've had problems with them holding a sharpening, particularly on the left blade. This started after getting back on the ice after having surgery on my foot, and I thought the left one was wearing out because I was mainly working on spins for about a month, but the same thing happened again. My coach looked at them this week, and she thought that the outside edge looked deeper than the inside edge for some reason. I haven't had a chance to take them to my sharpener yet, hopefully I will next week, but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered something like this. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

SDFanatic
12-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Your sharpener may not be centering the hollow or maybe they haven't trimmed their stone properly to reproduce the edge.

Hold you boot upside down and place a penny on the blade heads up and see if it tilts to one side or the other. If it does, then your edges are uneven, it's not unusual for the inside edge to be more worn then the outside, but they should both be fairly close. And they should both be even especially after a sharpening.

Steven