View Full Version : Graf Skates

LasiSk8
12-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Okay, i just bought a pair of grafs only about 4 mths ago and they are very broken down. I have heard from others that they are having the same problem. Is anyone on here having that problem?

love2sk8
12-04-2003, 07:47 PM
I love my Grafs. They do break down easily, and that is one of the disadvantages to having them, but they're soo comfy. I've heard of some skaters having that problem though...Do you have the Edmontons or the Galaxy's? If Ed, are they X-Stiff?

skatepixie
12-04-2003, 08:24 PM
The problem with Graf is that they arent leather and so they break down easily and suddenly.

Magz
12-05-2003, 07:05 AM
They aren't leather? Then what are they made of? I checked the Graf website and they seem to think they're made of leather...

love2sk8
12-05-2003, 09:59 AM
They are made of leather, there's just gel inside that gives extra padding. The skates are heat moldable, so that's why the gels there, but I'm sure they're made of leather...

the old gurl
12-05-2003, 06:14 PM
The Edmonton Specials are leather, but the Richmond Special and (I believe) Galaxy's are made of a synthetic material.

Daughter has a 3-year-old pair of Edmonton Specials and while she did more coaching that skating last year, she says they still have enough support for her to do 2-lutzes.

But it's like anything -- some people love them and other hate them.

Skatingsarah
12-06-2003, 05:05 PM
I think it really matters what kinda a foot you have. I mean some people I know just absolutely LOVE THEM!! While there are a few that said it really was hard on their foot. But majourity of the people that I skate with and talk to love their grafs and just watching ppl that get new grafs.. It really is a fast process of breaking them in. Hope things work out for ya.

LasiSk8
12-12-2003, 02:32 PM
I love how they fit and they are really comfortable it is just that they break down so fast. This is the first year I have had a problem though. I have the Edmonton SPecials and they are not extra stiff. I t is really hard to find extra stiff skates in womens, I tried to do that a few years ago. Last year i had galaxies and they lasted the whole year and were not broken down at all by the end of the year. It is too bad because I love how comfortable they are and how well they fit.

96.23??
12-13-2003, 02:24 PM
I've had my Ed. Specials for two years now and they are still doing fine for me.