View Full Version : Adult Competition at Chelsea Piers, NY

sk8pics
12-02-2003, 12:53 PM
I just noticed there is another all-adult competition, scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 14, at the Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers in New York City. Has anyone done this event in the past? Is anyone planning to go? I'm thinking about it. I did notice the pre-bronze free skating event sounds more like a compulsory moves event than a free skating event, and I emailed the organizers to ask if that's correct or a typo. The link is below:

http://www.thescny.org/pdf/winterclassic.pdf

Pat

Raine
12-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi, Pat!

I did NY Winter Classic last year. In fact, it was my first USFSA competition. A fun and friendly competition, but it was held on a particularly frigid weekend, and the rink was COOOOOOLD. The condition of the ice was disappointing as well, but I liked the overall atmosphere, and there seemed to be a good turnout. There was practice ice available at Sky Rink specifically for this competition. For me, it was a great introduction to the world of adult competition.

Happy Skating,
Raine

sk8pics
12-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the info, Raine. My coach and I discussed it last night and I'm going to do the pre-bronze free and the interpretive events. I'll just hope it's not too cold in the rink!

Pat

Raine
12-04-2003, 08:07 AM
That's great, Pat! I think I might be doing this competition again.

Happy Skating,
Raine