View Full Version : Im Testing Tommorow!

Justine_R
11-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey all,
Tommorow i am testing my preliminary dances!
My first test ever!
Wish me luck!

icedancer2
11-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey -- good luck!!

You are on your way!!!

AshBugg44
11-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Lots of luck. I'm sure you don't need it though!

Justine_R
11-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Thanks,I didnt think i would be nervous but i am.

sk8er1964
11-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Good luck. You are ready (if you weren't, your coach would not let you test). So, if you get nervous, take a deep breath or two, imagine a peaceful place or time in your life, then go out on the ice and kick b***!!!!

NickiT
11-26-2003, 02:57 AM
The best of luck to you Justine. The nerves you feel are perfectly normal. I got really nervous at my test too!! Let us know how you get on!!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
11-26-2003, 06:26 AM
You'll be fine, Justine. Mind you, by the time you read this, it'll all be over, I expect. If it isn't, relax and enjoy it. The judges want to pass you, they want to find reasons to pass, not reasons to fail! Relax and have fun. And if you mess up, so what? You'll pass next time.

Mind you let us know how it goes - we want a FULL report, please!

garyc254
11-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Good luck, Justine.

Don't worry about a little nervousness. When you get a little nervous, your senses sharpen and your body prepares. Even the best of the best get a little nervous before a performance. It's a good thing.

Black Sheep
11-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Go get 'em, tiger! 8-)

Justine_R
11-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey All,
Yes, after i read all of your delightful messages-I had already taken all the tests.
And i passed!!!:D
Both!:D

I was one of the first ones to go and i was quite nervous,but after i got going i was fine.
I got all G'S(good)
And one S-(satisfactory)
But thats alright i wasnt expecting to get all E'S!

Thanks for all of your support!

NickiT
11-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Justine_R
Hey All,
Yes, after i read all of your delightful messages-I had already taken all the tests.
And i passed!!!:D
Both!:D

I was one of the first ones to go and i was quite nervous,but after i got going i was fine.
I got all G'S(good)
And one S-(satisfactory)
But thats alright i wasnt expecting to get all E'S!

Thanks for all of your support!

Wow!!! That's great, Justine!!! Congratulations!!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
11-27-2003, 07:02 AM
Good girl! Well done! Now go and celebrate - I know you're not in the USA so it's not Thanksgiving for you, so go and do something different and special!

dbny
11-27-2003, 12:11 PM
I love good news :D Congratulations!

AshBugg44
11-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Congratulations! That's really great! :)

Justine_R
11-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks,I feel really good about myself.

garyc254
11-27-2003, 07:35 PM
YOU GO, GIRL!!!!! :D :D :D

Justine_R
11-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks.

Aussie Willy
11-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Congrats on passing your dance test - that is very satisfying.

BTW - what were the two dances you had to do (I don't know what the preliminary dance test over your part of the world is)?

Justine_R
11-29-2003, 11:21 AM
The Dutch Waltz and the Canasta Tango.

thumbyskates
12-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Just so you know...:)

Canadian Dances (up to what I know...maybe someone better and more interested in dance can finish it :D)

Preliminary:
Dutch Waltz
Canasta
Baby Blues

Junior Bronze:
Fiesta
Swing
Willow (this was the first dance, and test I ever failed, and I was SO upset...but I passed it with flying colours the second time!)

Senior Bronze:
10 Fox (failed this one twice before I passed it - the timing is a real sucker, and besides that....I suck at timing!!!)
14 Step
European (I for some strange reason got all excellents on this dance, and to this day cannot tell you why - I was the only one that passed this test at that test day....and to this day, I'm pretty sure the judge had momentary dyslexia ;) :lol:

Junior Silver:
American
Tango
Keats Foxtrot
Rocker

Those are the dances I got, and really don't know what's next. Senior Silver, then Gold, then Diamond if you dare...I'm not sure. I've only ever failed the two dances (10 Fox and Willow...maybe I did fail the Foxtrot, I can't remember, but I don't think so). I've just come to the conclusion I suck at Foxtrots)

And here's an interesting fact, and I'm sure someone WILL correct me, and I'm hoping SOMEONE will have more info for me to learn about...I think that as of July 1st SkateCanada passed some new dance rules. What I can remember:

There's actually FOUR (or FIVE if there's already four) dances in each set - one is a creative dance, that's not required - you only need 3/4 (or 4/5) of the dances to move on to the next level, and for the Preliminary level partnering is not allowed - only shadowing or soloing??? And for the Junior Bronze level shadowing or partnering is allowed.

Oh and another strange fact about me and my dance "career" (hardly). I'd say for most of the dances, if they'd asked me to solo any of them, I would have failed. I can't count to save my life, and hang on to my partner for dear life!! I solo'd one dance (and failed it), and the judge said she would have passed me if I hadn't solo'd it. :D

Good night all,
Korts

Magz
12-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by thumbyskates
And here's an interesting fact, and I'm sure someone WILL correct me, and I'm hoping SOMEONE will have more info for me to learn about...I think that as of July 1st SkateCanada passed some new dance rules. What I can remember:

There's actually FOUR (or FIVE if there's already four) dances in each set - one is a creative dance, that's not required - you only need 3/4 (or 4/5) of the dances to move on to the next level, and for the Preliminary level partnering is not allowed - only shadowing or soloing??? And for the Junior Bronze level shadowing or partnering is allowed.

Oh and another strange fact about me and my dance "career" (hardly). I'd say for most of the dances, if they'd asked me to solo any of them, I would have failed. I can't count to save my life, and hang on to my partner for dear life!! I solo'd one dance (and failed it), and the judge said she would have passed me if I hadn't solo'd it. :D

Good night all,
Korts
Oh I am sooooo glad I already passed any dances that would require soloing. My arm positions are soo messed up when I don't partner. I have no idea about those rules but I do have a question. I've noticed people testing variations on dances once they're on Gold or higher. Is this a requirement?

thumbyskates
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Variations are NOT a requirement, I'm pretty sure. I think they're just a bonus if you really love dance ;)

Korts

Justine_R
12-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by thumbyskates
Just so you know...:)

Canadian Dances (up to what I know...maybe someone better and more interested in dance can finish it :D)

Preliminary:
Dutch Waltz
Canasta
Baby Blues

Junior Bronze:
Fiesta
Swing
Willow (this was the first dance, and test I ever failed, and I was SO upset...but I passed it with flying colours the second time!)

BTW,the swing goes before the Fiesta because i am testing baby blues and swing in february.

thumbyskates
12-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Justine, you should talk to your coach about testing the Swing and the Baby Blues at the same test day, because it's definitely not allowed. This is why:

If you passed your Swing and NOT your Baby Blues you wouldn't have completed your complete Preliminary Dances, but yet you'd still have some of your Junior Bronze dances. SkateCanada generally does not allow this.

Also there's NO order in which you have to test your dances within each level. So, if you wanted to take your Fiesta before your Swing, that's okay - coaches just usually teach them in order of difficulty. :D

Korts

Layback
12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
you CAN test both baby blues and swing on the same test day, but you *must* test the baby blues first and must pass it before you can try the swing. it is called a conditional test. a lot of people do this, but not often at the preliminary level.

FSWer
12-01-2003, 11:26 PM
HEY!!!!!! GOOD LUCK to you my friend!!!!!!!!! Please tell us how you do?

Justine_R
12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
I passed!!!!!!!!

FSWer
12-02-2003, 07:45 PM
AY....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! BUDDY AND CHUM!!!!

Justine_R
12-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Thanks

Black Sheep
12-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Yay, Justine! 8-)

Justine_R
12-03-2003, 02:22 PM
YAY!thanks to everyone:D