View Full Version : Beilmans

triple twist
11-23-2003, 06:43 PM
How many people out there can do beilman spins? I think they're great but I can never do I real fast one! Does anyone have any tips on how not to loose your speed? I get into it from a stand up one foot spin, not a camel. Is there a better entry? Does anyone have any good tips on different entries and maintaining speed???
-peace! triple twist

mousey
11-23-2003, 08:22 PM
my friend can! but as for me, im the most unflexible person out there lol.:lol: i cant do the splits, let alone try to put my leg over my head!

Justine_R
11-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Hmmm..............try it from a camel.
It helps and it is an easier entry.

icedream
11-23-2003, 08:54 PM
hmmm, i can do the splits, but no more than that :( and my camel is really bad as of now, so i guess beilmans just arent in the cards at least for a while..

triple twist
11-23-2003, 11:31 PM
do I do a camel first and then go into a donut spin and pull my leg up or....? That's the part that kind of confuses me! I'm not sure how to specifically get into it from a camel! :oops:

PointBleu
11-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I find skaters learn it more rapidly if they enter in an upright spin position first, then bend at the hip and knee, grab the blade and lift their leg up.

It works... You just need practice and a good sense of balance.

My advice would be to practice your scratch spin well engouh so it is well-centered. Your spin HAS to be centered if you want to do your Biellmann adequately.

Justine_R
11-24-2003, 02:06 PM
it works... You just need practice and a good sense of balance.

My advice would be to practice your scratch spin well engouh so it is well-centered. Your spin HAS to be centered if you want to do your Biellmann adequately.

Ya You do,for a beilmans spin you need alot of balance so make sure you have good balance on your scratch spin before you go any further.

PointBleu
11-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Biellmann, Biellmann!

LOL!