View Full Version : Oh Canadian Fellow Competitive Adult Skaters......

singerskates
07-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Where are you? I run

[img:b884da3e35]http://fsfc.tripod.com/caslogob.jpg[/img:b884da3e35] (http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/compadultsk8s/) Competitive Adult Skaters

and there aren't many of you there. There's lots of our US skating buddies and coaches and a few of our English buddies.

If we are ever going to have a Canadian Adult Nationals like the US, then we have to get the numbers up and show Skate Canada that we do want to compete in mass numbers. Please come out of the woods and join Competitive Adult Skaters so we can plan and move Skate Canada to have the first Adult Nationals soon!

Brigitte Laskowski
a.k.a. singerskates
Tripod won't let me grab my .jpg from my tripod page when I don't use HTML.

singerskates
07-10-2002, 05:19 PM
We need to get a plan going. First thing we should do is to find out the numbers and get to know each other and then petition Skate Canada once we get at least 20 skaters in each catagory and level. That would be 20 in adult ladies pre-prelim FS class 1, 20 in adult ladies pre-prelim FS class 2, 20 in adult ladies pre-prelim FS class 3, 20 in adult ladies prelim FS class 1, 20 in adult ladies prelim FS class 2, 20 in adult ladies prelim FS class 3 and in men's too and other catagories like interpretive, 10 dance and 5 pairs and so on.

If we wait for Skate Canada to move on it's own, we will wait til that fiery place freezes over and then we can skate on that. ROTFLOL

If you have any ideas, please list them. So far, my idea is to get to gether at Competitive Adult Skaters, my yahoo group that I run. The link is already in the previous message.

singerskates
07-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Ok, so you want to compete. Now get the word out about Competitive Adult Skaters yahoo group. I'm in the midst of getting info on how to organize the first Canadian Adult Nationals. I'm asking questions and inviting Canadian skaters. We're not waiting for Skate Canada to act. We're getting the ball rolling ourselves. Then we shall deliver the plan to Skate Canada.

Brigitte Laskowski