View Full Version : Question for Canadians

LoopLoop
07-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know anything about a former Canadian competitor named Ross Lansel? I took a lesson from him last night (he's doing a "tryout" to be a coach at my rink) and am looking for more information on his skating background.

Thanks,
Marna

Lee
07-09-2002, 11:57 AM
A little more information about where he's from might be helpful. Canada's a big country with over 1400 skating clubs...;)

LoopLoop
07-09-2002, 01:16 PM
[quote:61602ceaaf="Lee"]A little more information about where he's from might be helpful. [/quote:61602ceaaf]

I think he's from British Columbia.

JD
07-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Junior Men Ross Lansel 5th place 1999 BOM Sectional Skating Championships BC

1998 1999 Canadian nationals Junior Pairs withdrew from Nationals partner Tara Patterson

1999 British Columbia/Yukon Sectionals Senior men 4th place

Call the sectional office for your area---they should know who he is as he has run clinics out there [or assisted with them]

2000 Bank of Montreal Divisional Championships 4th place sectionals, senior men

1999 Bank of Montreal Divisional Skating Championships Western Championships Jr pairs, 5th place with partner Tara Patterson

From Canadian Skate Magazine:
http://members.tripod.com/~CDNSK8/results/results.html

(sorry don't know how to get the link to work just cut and past above)
:wink:

LoopLoop
07-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the information and link! The lessons I've had with him so far have been fun. :D

CourtneyBaga
11-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi

Ross is an amazing coach! He is a former coach of Parker Pennington, and until recently coached alongside Audrey Weisiger and Chris Conte and the staff of Grassroots to Champions (G2C). He has taught at G2C seminars across the country and into Canada.

I am a coach and I hope to bring him into my club to work with some of my skaters soon. If the personalities fit, I'm sure he will be a wonderful coach to you.