View Full Version : Question for skaters!

IceDreams
11-15-2003, 08:24 PM
I am doing a final book design project for my graphic design class at school and I decided to make a book with mini-profiles about up and coming skaters. Kind of like the unseen skaters website in book form. I'm looking for skaters out there who would like to be in my book. I have a list of questions if you're interested (like favorite jump/spin, best competition moment, etc.). Please let me know! It's only going to be viewed by my teacher and classmates. I can e-mail you a copy of the text I write about you if you are chosen for my book. It has to be 12 pages long, so depending on my response, I may do short write ups on many different skaters, or a few more in depth bios on just a couple of skaters. I can scan you a copy of the page I do about you when I'm finished if you'd like. Please let me know if you're interested ASAP so I can get started. Post here and I'll e-mail you the questions! Thanks =)

singerskates
11-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Visit http://www.fs4christ.com/aboutme.html

Justine_R
11-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Well if you would like to email me then i would sure love to help you!

My email is xtreme_chica@hotmail.com

dorvalskater1
11-16-2003, 03:07 PM
I'll help if you want me!

rinsk
11-16-2003, 03:46 PM
I'll help: sounds like fun.

Justine_R
11-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Please can i have your emails?****

Magz
11-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I'll be happy to help!

Justine_R
11-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Ok well my email is xtreme_chica@hotmail.com

So if you would like to help then email me.

IceDreams
11-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Okay, I guess it would be easiest if I just posted my e-mail on here. dorvalskater1, rinsk, and Magz, I would love for you all to participate. I have already received a few responses that have been really helpful.

Here's what I need. If you could take a look at the questions below and do your best to answer as many as you would like. Also feel free to include any other relevant information.

What is your first name?
How old are you?
What is your current level in each discipline?
What jumps are you currently landing consistently?
What is your favorite/least favorite jump/spin?
Who is your favorite skater in each discipline and why?
Who has had the greatest influence on your skating and why?
Who do you most admire (skating or otherwise)?
What are your goals in skating?
If you didn't skate, what would you do?
What is your typical weekly training schedule?
What is your favorite skating moment?
Most embarrassing skating moment?
What are your greatest skating accomplishments?
Explain how you feel when you're on the ice.
If you were to win a lifetime achievement award, what would it be for?
How has skating changed you as a person?
What is your most proud moment (skating or otherwise)?
What grade are you in school (if applicable)?
What are some of your other favorites (music, colors, movies, etc.)?
List any favorite quotes/sayings you have.

Anything else you would like to include!

Please send it to icedreams22@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch!! :)

BringontheRain
11-17-2003, 02:34 PM
I hope you don't mind if I take it as well

What is your first name? Ashley
How old are you? 16
What is your current level in each discipline? Freestyle - Junior working on Senior and Moves - testing Senior in one month
What jumps are you currently landing consistently? Everything thru double lutz
What is your favorite/least favorite jump/spin? Favorite - double lutz and back camel, least - double salchow and foward camel
Who is your favorite skater in each discipline and why? Ladies - Michelle Kwan, for her determination and longevity. Men - Alexei Yagudin, I love his style. Pairs - Gordeeva & Grinkov, they were just amazing! Dance - Belbin & Agosto, for no particular reason.
Who has had the greatest influence on your skating and why? My coach, she truly does what is best for me and works with me, we are a team, she lets me decide what goes in my program, I make so many of the decisions because she has taught me so well.
Who do you most admire (skating or otherwise)? There's this little girl I skate with, she will be 10 this week, and she is extremely dedicated, and an amazing skater as well, she skates everyday, does ballet everyday and works out, she loves it and you can always see the joy and determination on her face. I really admire her dedication at such a young age.
What are your goals in skating? To pass all my tests.
If you didn't skate, what would you do? Probably run track.
What is your typical weekly training schedule? Mondays I skate 2 freestyles, I do 2 on Tuesday as well, on Wednesday I skate 2 free's and 1 moves, Thursday is 3 free's, Friday 1 free and Saturday 1 - 3 free's.
What is your favorite skating moment? I have a few, placing at Regionals. Passing my Junior free with a clean skate. Passing Junior Moves.
Most embarrassing skating moment? Probably my show this year, I feel apart. I was so bad.
What are your greatest skating accomplishments? I placed 3rd in Open Juvenile at New Englands, Passing Junior Moves and Free.
Explain how you feel when you're on the ice. At home, I love being on the ice. I just feel so comfortable and free. I love the feeling of jumping.
If you were to win a lifetime achievement award, what would it be for? Unsure
How has skating changed you as a person? Skating has made me a mature, determined and focused individual. It helps me set goals and know what hard work is.
What is your most proud moment (skating or otherwise)? My show program, when we did a tribute to heroes, I really skated from the heart then and did a wonderful program. Another world be, my junior free test which was clean and so perfect. I don't think I have ever skated better.
What grade are you in school (if applicable)? 11th
What are some of your other favorites (music, colors, movies, etc.)? Music - Christina Aguilera, John Mayer, Tim McGraw, Lonestar, Josh Kelley, Michelle Branch, Sensefield, Faith Hill, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban
Color - Pink
Movies - Coyote Ugly, Center Stage, Drumline, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Sweetest Thing, Just Married
List any favorite quotes/sayings you have.
I have so many

"Too low they build who build beneath the stars" Edward Young
"God grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference"
"Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you'll never get hurt, and live like it's heaven on earth."
"Dreams aren't perfect. They come true, not free."
"Genuine laughter is a great healer. Don't take life so seriously. Laugh at yourself. Life wasn't meant to be a struggle."

IceDreams
11-17-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't mind at all! I'm really happy with the response from everyone, you guys are great. Thanks Ashley for helping me out. And the second quote you listed is one of my all time faves too! :) I think that's so great that you admire that skater at your rink. Most skaters would be jealous of her. It says a lot about your character that you respect her instead.

BringontheRain
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
It helps she happens to be one of the most encouraging little girls I know, she is always cheering people on in practice and is the cutest thing :)

Glad I could help you, sounds like a fun project :)