View Full Version : I did a spiral today! And my teacher used to train at Sasha C's rink!

danibellerika
11-14-2003, 12:24 AM
I've been skating 3 times a week so far, but I'm thinking of moving it up to 4. It's just been loads of fun and super rewarding for me. I clear my head really well and I'm not stressed. So, tonight was lesson 2. We learned some wiggles today so it was interesting. I also learned better stroking techniques. Then of course, outside of the lesson I did a SPIRAL!! Last weekend I didn't even think I could do it, but I just went for it and BOOM!!! Spiral!! I really like that move so I think I'll be improving on it in time. Now onto the one foot gliding. I can hold my IEs pretty deep for a pretty long amount of time. The edge isn't miniscule I can assure you. Not like my OEs which are just SAD but I finally started skating on them last saturday so they'll get better with time. I can hold them a little longer but I can't get any deeper on them. I would skate in a circle by one foot gliding on the IE of my left leg then the OE of my right. Then I'd switch skating with the IE of the right leg and OE of the left. Oddly, I'm right handed but my left foot is stronger. I have an ugly inside spread eagle that I can hold for like a second and a half and my legs aren't spread out much either. I can do a 3 turn(leanred that last week) too. I'm getting better with the actual skating backwards thing. I'm faster. Anyways, skating is a BLAST!!!

About my teacher. We were talking about spirals (she has a nice one btw, acceptional amplitude) and I was telling hers how mines is terrible and she was like "oh you'll get there. It just takes time" and then of course I said, I doubt it'll get like Sasha Cohen's and then she started telling me how she used to train at Sasha's rink and thought Sasha was awesome. So that's so cool isn't it?!

Justine_R
11-14-2003, 07:13 AM
Omg that is so kool!Sasha cohen i love her!!!!!!!!!!!