View Full Version : Have you ever noticed....

SDFanatic
11-11-2003, 11:34 PM
that when doing a forward spiral, you find that ever so elusive hole or turtle that you didn't see before?

that you didn't realize your boots have become loose until you try to do a 3 turn?

that after a spin, your butt is colder?

that you didn't know your bleeding until you take your clothes off?

that taking snow off your blades puts more holes in your gloves then when you fall down, even if your blades are dull?

that your rink is warmer or colder then what you dressed for?

Steven

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 06:48 AM
Lol did u make those up?They are kool!

Jess-ka
11-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by SDFanatic
that when doing a forward spiral, you find that ever so elusive hole or turtle that you didn't see before?

that you didn't realize your boots have become loose until you try to do a 3 turn?

that taking snow off your blades puts more holes in your gloves then when you fall down, even if your blades are dull?

Steven

hahaha so true so true!

SDFanatic
11-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Justine_R
Lol did u make those up?They are kool!

Actually no, I've experienced almost all of these in the past week or two.

(last week when doing one I saw big hole coming up, I don't know how I missed it, maybe closing my eyes was a good thing?)

(last week also trying to do a toe loop, my whole right foot felt like mush, but didn't feel that way for anything else except for the 3 turn)

(I notice this especially if I'm wearing a velvet skirt, guess my butt is nice a toasty with two layers, but when I spin it cools off, and when the skirt comes back down, it gets chilly!)

(twice I've done my elbow and peeled my sleeve off, and once on the back of my legs from shaving, OUCH!)

(brand new gloves, and already holes in them on the first day, and I hardly ever take the snow off my blades unless I'm going to sit down and redo my laces to keep them from getting wet, and always on the thumb!)

(sometimes it predicatable how your rink will be, especially if it's overly warm outside, or it's the first session of the day, or it rained, so far I've missed a couple of times and have either froze or dripped)

Steven

mikawendy
11-12-2003, 03:09 PM
that when doing a forward spiral, you find that ever so elusive hole or turtle that you didn't see before??...
Steven

ITA, Steven--
I've tripped on spirals (and even just stroking enough that I've become really good at looking out of the corner of my eye and steering). Now if only that "steering" when I do spirals could turn itself into the change of edge Kwan spiral...

MQSeries
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM

Umm...only if you do a butt spin instead of a sit spin.

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
When doing a forward spiral just last week i went flat on my face!