View Full Version : Return to skating

md2be
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I am 30. skated for 21 years straight.

Now I have not skated for the last 9 months and want to start skating again. When I stopped I still had doubles. Im scared to start because I know I will want to just jump right out and go for the doubles....but know I shouldnt. I know it will become a big mind game.

Any advice?

icenut84
11-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Take it slow-ish until you get your feet again. You'll probably want to jump but maybe you should dedicate your first skate to everything else - stroking etc, moves, maybe spins, just so you get used to it again. Maybe you could book yourself a lesson with a coach, and tell them the situation, and have them oversee you and advise you, especially if you want to jump. If you do, do singles first, lol.

Justine_R
11-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Good advice icenut,also maybe you could just do some singles like waltz jumps and toeloops ex....

Youll get back to it soon!

TashaKat
11-12-2003, 02:09 AM
See how you feel! I went back after 9 months and did/tried everything up to axel. It's just how I felt on the day, everything was successful up to Flip, Lutz was a bit crappy and the axel was as bad as ever .... the backspin, however had improved!

Saying that the NEXT time I went back I felt awful ..... I'm about to start back again but this time without putting pressure on myself :roll:

Good luck :D

x

candace
11-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Take you time. You don't want to rush into anything. I think that you should spend some time on your spin and than work your way up to the jumps. I would do each jump at least 3 or 4 times. Than maybe you will feel confident to do an axel or maybe maybe one double. Well good luck and let us know how you do. Have fun:D

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Yes do each jump about 5 times each around and if you want set goals for yourself each week set a goal and the next week on that same day try to acheive your goal and then set a new goal???

Maybe that will help.