View Full Version : Terrific or Trouble (lessons/practice 11th - 17th Nov)

batikat
11-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Where are you all - no lessons yet this week???
Ok I'll start8-)

Terrific
My son passed 3 skate tests this morning so I was in a very good mood for my lesson.
Went over the elements for level 1 elements test which were mostly OK. I have decided I might as well take this test as I would have to skate at level 1 if I ever want to compete in Freeskating anyway 8O(if I'd known passing the Dance Moves test would mean I couldnt' skate beginner Free, I'd not have taken them!)

Trouble
Haven't done spirals for ages and forward and back spirals are in the elements. Well I passed this years ago (LFO spiral)when I did the old Novice test but today I fell on my forward spiral:cry:
Tried it on the other foot and it was actually much better so I'll do it all on the right foot now.

Toe-loop went a bit awry but even so coach said it should pass.

Loop has not returned
:(

luna_skater
11-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Trouble: Coach forgot about my lesson. :?? I was not impressed, because now I only have one more lesson before test day! I was able to work on a few things, but I felt like everything I was doing was the best it could be on my own without further input, so I don't feel like I accomplished much. American felt good, but I find it really difficult to partner, so I really wished my coach was there today so I could have the extra practice before next week.

Terrific: Was happy that my rocker stayed consistent since I worked hard on it last Friday. American had good flow,

Debbie S
11-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Terrific: Got the news yesterday that the knee injury I suffered 2 weeks ago is just a bone bruise - no ligament or cartilage tears. I fell on my left knee doing back crossovers 2 weeks ago. It swelled up to about 3 times its normal size and the doctor wanted me to have an MRI (x-rays were negative) to rule out any ligament or cartilage tears (he also drained the knee, which made it a lot less painful) and I've had to wear one of those Velcro braces for the past 2 weeks. I do need to have PT before I can get back on the ice, but I don't have to wear that brace anymore.

Unfortunately, I have to withdraw from the comp moves event (Pre-B/Bronze) I had entered at the adult open in Wilmington, DE next weekend. My coach is hoping I'll still do the team event (especially since there are only 3 of us and that is the min number for a team) but I need to get a PT appt and see what he/she says.

Trouble: I'm getting very ansty not being able to skate. I've been watching skating on TV with longing.

It was announced recently that the outdoor rink at the Inner Harbor here in Baltimore will not open this year, b/c the rink needs repairs and upgrading and they don't have the money. :(

AshBugg44
11-11-2003, 10:55 PM
My goodness the ice was so crowded for both freestyles today! But my lesson went very very well. We polished up my two programs for competition this weekend!

singerskates
11-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Didn't skate today as I've had my skate days, session level and times changed. I did however checkout what my new sessions will be like. Fast paced but much more empty feeling than the Junior ice I was on.

Also watched part of my old junior session because I'll actually will be teaching preprelim and CanSkate on it on Fridays after skating on my new session (presectional/sectional) and then stroking. Wow, I never realized just how slow the preprelims and CanSkaters were until I watched today. No wonder I was always running into them. No wonder the moms thought I was a coach and not a skater.

Well, Wednesday will be my first time skating this week. Wonder how I'll do. One of the competitive Novice skaters who will be competing at the WOS sectionals, asked me if I skated as a kid, how I got into skating and what motivated me into skating. She was surprised to find out that I didn't skate as a kid and that I've only been skating for 4 years (3 with a coach that showed up and 1 with an elbow that was broken just 8 weeks before starting and wasn't allowed to jump for a year so I did ice dance and lots of weak stroking.).

Well, got to head to bed. Happy skating!

Brigitte

Mrs Redboots
11-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Gail, congratulations to Luc!

Terrific: My coach has tweaked the choreography for my funny, and it's much better now. Still can't do what he wants, mind.... A couple of friends on the ice and we all went for a cup of tea afterwards, which was nice. Good skate. Managed one FI Mohawk without putting my foot down too soon, out of about ten tries. Sigh. Figures went better than usual, especially since I found I could use my feet more. Not good, though - won't enter them for the Mountain Cup unless they improve radically.

Trouble: The fire alarm kept on going off, which was a pain - we knew, after the first time, that it was just a fault in the system, so didn't bother to leave the ice, but it made a nasty noise.

I still haven't the speed, flow or ice coverage I want for this programme. Actually that I want, full stop! Grrrr.... and on one run-through I caught my blade and nearly fell.....

batikat
11-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks Annabel, he was pleased as he now has level 4 elements and Free and Bronze FM. Just as well he took the test Tuesday as he is now injured!! Played in a hockey match (pitch hockey - not ice!) and got whacked by the ball when he did not have his proper shoes on just canvas daps (trainers). His foot is so sore he is having trouble walking so missed his skate lesson this a.m.

Feeling guilty I agreed to have an extra lesson with the coach (we have the same coach) when he had a spare slot this am.

so

Terrific
Getting an extra lesson for me!!
Ran through the level 1 elements again - my upright spin is the best of them but I think they would all pass, as level 1 is pretty basic. I Dont' intend to actually take this test for a while though. Did not attempt my spirals.

Also ran through the Rythym Blues variation and am finally getting to grips with the timing on this - a huge improvement on last week.

Terrible
The RB variation has a RFI3 in one corner and I need to hold the FI edge for 2 counts before turning and I have a real problem with that. Also getting the timing right on the back swing roll that follows it is tough. Practice, practice I guess.

icenut84
11-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Terrific - not a lot. My BO3-mohawk sequence was a bit better. And back crossovers to BO edge. Um... not much else.

Trouble - so many people were constantly practicing programmes that I was constantly in the way, and had to keep stopping any time I tried to practice something. I can't spin properly to save my life. I didn't try any jumps or spirals. I felt very dispirited by the end, and couldn't help thinking how rubbish a skater I was. :cry:

arena_gal
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
No lesson this week but coach said that I really should test some dances "to get the piece of paper". I'm resisting, the thought of testing in front of a judge just is not my idea of skating fun. I would also have to wear a skirt.

However, I did go out and buy tights. So...... we'll see.

singerskates
11-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Terrific: Waltz jump, toe loop, waltz/toe, spirals including change edge spiral, first 3/4's of footwork sequence, Program pacing. First run through was on.

Trouble:Second run through was right after the first (back to back) but it was cut short by the zamboni coming on the ice. I didn't take my inhaler before skating so the second time through I was running out of gas. Sit spin was cut short to two rotations and that put me ahead of my music. Then my spirals didn't have my freeleg up as high as I normally can do them.

I still don't have my programs end choreographed yet and I am still searching for what works.

Flip jump is still two footed. Didn't even do the loop.
I was having salchow trouble taking off too late after the mohawk entry today. I'm now wondering if I should try the 3 turn entry and keep the mohawk entry for the flip. Hmmm? Cheated the landing of the flip in a flip/toe combo near the end of my interpretive program. Need to work on the layback spin for the end of the program and I need to work on the camel spin.
Backspin is still 1 1/2 revs and is driving me nuts.

Brigitte

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 09:12 PM
TERIFIC!
Got the word from my coach that i am testing my preliminary dances!
This is my first test ever!
Also landed my Lutz and next week my coach said we get to work on my axel!
Seeing as i have only been skating for 1 and a half years she says i am doing great!

TROUBLE!
Had a little trouble with my left foot waltzing threes the edge and the turn and the hold :(
I am holding it only for 1 count not for three on each edge but as the skill time went by they got better and better.
I did a spiral (forwards ) and landed flat on my face!:(

mousey
11-12-2003, 09:22 PM
terrific: i managed to survive going through 3 short programs in a roll!!

trouble: im not done my solo yet, and i have only one more lesson left till competition!

jazzpants
11-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Terrible: Watching my video from Skate SF!!! DOH! Boy, do I need to take ballet... LOTS of it!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Terrific: Secondary coach is reading my mind, b/c I really would rather work on my basics again than my jumps!!! And she even fixing one of the first things that I was troubled with watching the video... forward stroking! Speed was okay, but she taught me how to do it even better. And my posture is CRAP and she's fixing that now too!

FO edge at speed is better. Well, good enough where secondary coach says "Now that you're getting your FO edge the way I want them, we can finally do 3-turns!" GULP!!! (Maybe this should be in the "Terrible" section...) :lol:

Mrs Redboots
11-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jazzpants
Terrible: Watching my video from Skate SF!!! DOH! Boy, do I need to take ballet... LOTS of it!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: We all look terrible on video - those legs we thought were so bent are straighter than railway lines, our eyes are firmly fixed on the ice, and that jump that felt so high actually cleared about 1/4"..... don't let it get you down, but keep it, and compare it to next year's. I think you'll get a pleasant surprise at how much you improve during the year.

I'm quite sure that even Torvill & Dean sucked their teeth when they saw a video of that performance of Bolero (the one where they got perfect sixes) and pointed out to each other all the places where they'd gone wrong....

batikat
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Terrific
another lesson today - the ice was perfect and my skating was pretty good for a change.
Ran through all the elements for level 1 and coach reckons all would pass (though toe-loop still could be vastly improved) 3-jump was great, spirals OK and my spin travelled a little the first time but second time was spot on - I do love it when you come out of a spin and see those perfect circles on top of each other - a good 7 or 8 revs too. Decided to use the step sequence out of one of my free dances with the addition of a drag (lunge)and this is fine too.

Now have to find some music to prepare a level 2 programme which I will need if I am ever to compete at level 1.

Trouble
only bit of trouble is still the timing on my Rythym Blues variation but I if I can fix the holding on to the entry edge of the RFI3 then the rest will follow I think.

mikawendy
11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Terrific:
I learned back spirals (well, a back spiral--RBO) in my lesson this week. They were so much fun! And the ice was empty enough at the end of the session to try them without the fear that I would crash into someone and plant my blade in their face...

Trouble:
Not much, but like Debbie S said, the outdoor rink near us won't be opening this season due to compressor problems, etc. There's a covered rink (its bubble top looks like the Michelin man) a little ways across town that opens for the winter. I might try to get there on weekdays off...

Tee-hee:
I just realized that there is one kind of backspin that I _can_ do: a "two-foot backspin" ;)

erdehoff
11-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Terrific: My coach says all of my Preliminary Moves elements should be good enough to pass my test at the end of the month.

Terrible: ...but at the end of the lesson, as I was going over alternating outside 3-turns, I caught a rut while stepping onto my forward edge and landed smack on my left kneecap. I put some ice on it and it seemed OK until I tried to stand on it -- the pain was so bad that I couldn't put any weight on it. X-rays didn't find any major fractures, but did find something "weird," so I have to go for an MRI tomorrow to make sure it's not serious. I'm hoping my insurance will pay for all this... and that I'll still be able to take my test!

I never fall on my knees. Looks like it's time to buy kneepads to go with my butt pad!

jazzpants
11-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
We all look terrible on video - those legs we thought were so bent are straighter than railway lines, our eyes are firmly fixed on the ice, and that jump that felt so high actually cleared about 1/4"..... don't let it get you down, but keep it, and compare it to next year's. I think you'll get a pleasant surprise at how much you improve during the year. Well, that was my assignment for the next show/competition where I get videotaped. My secondary coach was very adamant about getting my basics right first before going on to the jumps and spins this week (she asked me what I wanted to learn... I hinted at a half-lutz. She said "Not 'til you have your loop stable... and anyway I had something in mind to work you on..." (I know. Then why did she ask me what I want to go over???) :twisted: :P She thinks my basics are easy to fix and will make the most impact when I see the videos for my next competition/show. (Okay! She has a method to her madness...)

Meanwhile...

Terrific Primary coach got right back to Bronze moves... except for power 3's... we were working more on alt 3's to make sure my FO3's are stable. Of course, I can't seem to get that at higher speeds yet... We did do a small couple of forward power 3's on a line to make sure I have it down right. Nope! Not quite. (Not the FO3's though... the push out afterwards!!!)

Terrible Realizing that I STILL have a LOOOONG way to go before primary coach would considering putting me out for the Bronze Moves test. :cry: I just hope I take it before my USFSA membership for this year runs out! :P

NickiT
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
It was my first lesson after my test today and I felt so good on the ice. Isn't it funny how the nerves of a test can make you feel you can conquer anything afterwards!

We started my lesson with the bronze field moves I had started to work on but haven't touched for a while due to competing and testing. Despite the fact that I haven't done them in a while they weren't too bad. I just need to get back into the habit of doing them regularly and building my confidence back up so that the back three turns don't feel so scary.

Having changed my programme to accommodate the test requirements we changed it back to the competition version I had been doing before and I got back into it with no problems.

I did some good camel spins today and worked on my loop-loop combination.

After my lesson we did jumps class and ran through all jumps to lutz. Also played around with the flying camel and change foot sit spin.

Nothing negative to report about today's skate for a change!

Nicki

garyc254
11-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Skated a public session with my girlfriend, her daughter, and daughter's boyfriend on Wednesday evening. The session wasn't too crowded, so we had room to play.

This skate was all about the boyfriend. He was a competitive high platform diver in high school, but quit due to injury. He's had hockey skates on twice in his life. On Wednesday, he tried figure skates for the first time.

He is absolutely fearless at age 20 and kept trying to do the things his girlfriend did. He fell often, but during the course of the session did a spiral, brackets, 3-turns, waltz jump, and almost landed an axel. 8O

His form was sloppy, but he amazed us all with his balance and agility.

Now we're trying to figure out how to get him into lessons.

Mrs Redboots
11-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Dance Club last night, and we had the tape that is gorgeous, BUT they don't factor in enough high-level dances to give you a break!

Didn't dance the Foxtrot, was my only moan - had a go at the 14-step with Robert, who gets too far ahead of me on the Mohawk, but then, I do slow down slightly going into it. Had a go at the Tango with him, too, which was fun - you have never seen a worse Tango danced, but it was fun to try. Also the baby Samba - like the Silver Samba, but you don't go backwards - which would have been okay except I caught my toe-rake and nearly went flying. Caught myself in time, luckily. And Tulips from Amsterdam, which, again, was dreadful, but fun to try.

So what with four new dances - well, the 14-step isn't new, but I don't do it often - plus practising the 4 dances we need for Dunkerque, plus..... it was an exhausting evening. But fun.

blurrysarah
11-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by garyc254

He is absolutely fearless at age 20 and kept trying to do the things his girlfriend did. He fell often, but during the course of the session did a spiral, brackets, 3-turns, waltz jump, and almost landed an axel. 8O

His form was sloppy, but he amazed us all with his balance and agility.

Those gifted newbies drive me nuts! It's like they already have an inbuilt balance for ice, while it takes most people ages to get used to the feeling before they try any tricks. I noticed a little girl at my rink doing perfect outside spread eagles by herself in a corner. Then I saw her in a lesson learning how to do forward crossovers?!

Jess-ka
11-14-2003, 08:56 PM
terrific my past two lessons from today and yesterday were really well, i feel like i am making good progress, my mom said i am starting to lose my extention alittle but i don't know. Anywho i am way pumped about my lessons i always feel good afterwards.

Terrible even though i had a fairly good lesson to night i managed to trip myself stopping!! somthing i haven't done in forever and wound up smashing my knee in to the ice again and now i have a bruise on my hip and my knee...but atleast i wasn't holding on to my coach like the last time i fell:oops:

luna_skater
11-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Terrific: For a change, the AMERICAN!! Holy cow, I think I may actually pass it half-decently next week. Finally felt smoother and faster when partnering. A couple of minor issues, but, as coach said, nothing that would keep me from passing. Keats was also pretty good when partnered. This dance comes and goes for me. Sometimes, it feels fantastic, and other times I am so frustrated with it. Overall, it feels more "terrific" than "trouble," so it goes here!

Trouble: The Rocker!! :evil: So many awkward spots when partnering that were just NOT there before. And apparently, I can do the progressive mohawk sequence just wonderfully on one side of the rink, and ONLY that one side. But on the other side it is quite awkward. Thankfully, the good side is where the judge will be sitting on Wednesday! :P I think if I just concentrate like I never have before, it will be fine. 8-)

Debbie S
11-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by erdehoff
Terrible: ...but at the end of the lesson, as I was going over alternating outside 3-turns, I caught a rut while stepping onto my forward edge and landed smack on my left kneecap. I put some ice on it and it seemed OK until I tried to stand on it -- the pain was so bad that I couldn't put any weight on it. X-rays didn't find any major fractures, but did find something "weird," so I have to go for an MRI tomorrow to make sure it's not serious. I'm hoping my insurance will pay for all this... and that I'll still be able to take my test!

Oh no! I hope the MRI results are negative, erdehoff! I injured the same knee several weeks ago (see my post above) so I know what you're going through. I hope the pain has subsided - your doctor may need to drain it if it's badly swollen.

Hopefully, you won't lost too much skating time.

erdehoff
11-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Debbie -- sounds painful! (And eww, drainage!) ;)

It feels better today. I'll get the MRI results on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers that all they saw on the X-ray was a big bruise or something!

By the way, I really enjoy reading about what you all are up to. It seems like there are a lot of adult skaters on here, and I love the way you all support one another in your progress -- whether it's learning three-turns or the Silver Samba or the flying camel!

singerskates
11-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Well, Thursday (Nov. 13, 2003) was my first day skating on the Pre-
Sectional/Sectional ice. All the skaters and the coaches were very
friendly. When I ran through my program and the kids and the coaches
saw the speed and accracy I had in my program (didn't do a flip,
loop, backspin or camel spin though), they were surprised and were
cheering me on from the moment they saw how I handled the first part
on my diagonal straightly footwork to the fast part of When You
Believe where there are kids singing in Jewish. As the music got
faster and faster and louder and louder, I got faster and faster
doing open mohawhs, 3 turns, rockers (yes, I just learned them in my
last lesson last Friday.)and backwards Yagudin toe picking crisscross
footwork into (what do you call them) things where you are constantly
turning spining and traveling on two feet and sort of jump with each
turn into a one foot forward spin. I had everyone sold that I could
skate good enough to be on their ice even though I have yet to pass
my preliminary FS test. My coach didn't show up because she had a
previously made appointment before I was switched to the Presectional
ice.

Friday (Nov. 14, 2003) wasn't as great. I had to restart my program
because right out of the gate someone was in my path and it through
off my opening alternating back crosscuts into my toe loop. Second
time was better but at one point I was a smidgen behind my music but
somehow, I'm always too far ahead at the end of the piece and have to
through in an extra spin. I need to get working on a layback for the
last spin on my interpretive (When You Believe). My coach didn't show
up Thursday because she had a previously made appointment before I
was switched to the Presectional ice. I found this out when she came
in to my work place to shop and to set up a tape saving thing at my
store for Club Tecumseh. Friday, I don't know why she was late and I
didn't get a lesson. I'm thinking that my coach might need to drop me
and switch me to another coach because I'm her only skater on the
presectional ice. Maybe Marylin? She's a friend of my friend, Marj
who I hang out with alot.

Actually, Marylin taught my stroking session today in place of Brook
Coatsworth who at the moment is in 4th place at the WOS Sections in
Senior Ladies. Marylin saw my forward swing rolls and said that they
were to die for. Now if I could just get my backward swing rolls like
that. I've been cutting corners on the backward ones and really
messing them up. She worked on them with me. If I can get those fixed
soon, then I can work on the Swing Dance and Willow and maybe pass
those in addiction to Baby Blues and Fiesta Tango.

Then, I got to teach my choreographer's students because he wasn't
there on time. One was a no show, so I only had two of them. One was
a preprelim skater and one was an upper level CanSkater. Both were on
the Junior ice that on which I use to skate.

With the preprelim skater, I worked on her forward spirals, forward
outside 3 turns, waltz jumps from a stand still, waltz jumps
preceeded by LFO 3 turn to backward two foot glide into the waltz
jump, then forward inside 3 turn, then toe loop jump.

Then it was time to move onto the CanSkater. With her I worked on
forward crossovers around a hockey circle trying to get her not to
lean over too much and to keep her skates parrallel. Then we worked
on backward crossovers. She needs lots of work. She kept on crossing
her foot over and putting it at a 90 degree angle. Then I had her
work on alternating forward two foot turns with closed mohawks down
the length of the ice. She had no idea that she was doing the
mohawks. I just told her to step forward after every turn to get to
the next turn. Then I had her do two foot guides into jumping from
forward to backwards and then from backward to forwards on two feet.
She had a little trouble doing the backwards to forwards because she
kept spreading her feet too far apart. It was then that I found out
that the last lesson wasn't there so I went back with the CanSkater
and worked on her two foot spins (She's a CW skater, so I had to spin
CW. What a challenge with me being a CCW skater.) It took several
tries but she finally got two rotations. Then I asked her if she
wanted to learn to spin on one foot. First I tried to get her to do
just the one foot spin but found out she wasn't ready for it. So then
I went back to the two foot spin and asked her to lift up her left
foot. I did it too, CW. One time she got one rotation on the one
foot. Wonder what Sean will say when he finds out what I was
teaching them? Last thing we worked on were outside edges after
having her find them around the hockey circle. I had her try
alternating outside forward edges down the length of the rink. She
got about halfway and then was tuckered out. I think she's never
worked that hard before.

You know assisting coach has made me realize all the stuff I already
can do in skating and took for granted. Never realized I could do so
much before. Ah, I love to teach skating. Just got to get all my
jumps up to an axel, flying sit, layback, skating skills 6, intro
interpretive FS and junior dances and I will have my CanSkate
Coaching thingy. Yeah, I know I have to do the two day siminar too.

Brigitte

plinko
11-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Mrs. Redboots, I wish our rink would play all the dance music. I skate on a test session, so the music played is whatever being worked on, and once the skater passes it, they never do it again. No one does the Dutch Waltz just for fun, and no one today could remember the steps to the Canasta Tango (there was other tango music playing, I figured I'd do a dance that I could do). Part of it is because it's a test session but everyone waits for "their music" and fools about until it's on.

Terrific: Lesson this week was mohawks and 3 turns and the preliminary test patterns, just for fun. We were all tired of doing 3 turns in a line so it was fun to learn the pattern, and my 3 turns are better in the pattern because I'm doing them with more speed. More speed is frightening but not so much if it's in a pattern or dance, strangely.

Trouble: back inside edges, oh my lobes are teeny.

mousey
11-15-2003, 03:25 PM
teriffic: i only have like 12s left in my solo, so thats pretty good

trouble: my skates are totally dull. i did program assisting for canskate on friday, and it was nuts. there was 6 kids, all in different levels, and i was the only program assistant. finally my friend decided to come out and help!

Mrs Redboots
11-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by plinko
Mrs. Redboots, I wish our rink would play all the dance music. I skate on a test session, so the music played is whatever being worked on, and once the skater passes it, they never do it again. No one does the Dutch Waltz just for fun, and no one today could remember the steps to the Canasta Tango (there was other tango music playing, I figured I'd do a dance that I could do). Part of it is because it's a test session but everyone waits for "their music" and fools about until it's on. Ah, this was at our dance club. Maybe you could get your club to have the occasional dance interval?

Today's practice was very different. First we worked on our pivot-spiral and found, to our horror, that we couldn't do back crossovers in unison, but our coach, when we got to our lesson, said this was very common and showed us what we were doing wrong. In our lesson, we worked on our Tango - now known as Interpretive Pairs, but it's still the basic OD it always was! Then we worked on the Rhythm Blues, and then the Swing Dance, but we didn't get to do that to the music.

In Robert's lesson, he worked on the Foxtrot with his coach and I was delighted (being *****y!) to find that she also had trouble with his partnering, so it's not just me! He also worked on his Hickory and Swing Dance solo, but only got to do the Hickory to the music.

Afterwards, we were just going to get off when a Samba was played, so we had a go at the dumbed-down version, which is fun, but we haven't got it quite right yet.

But in our sessions, nobody waits for their music, but gets on with it - and hopefully gets a go at the music at some stage during the session.

dbny
11-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Once again, my coach could not make it to our regular time, and I had to have my lesson on a public session. It wasn't crowded, but the ice was soft and pretty chopped up, making it very slow. I'm glad she is able to fit me in at the public session though, because she is usually booked solid. Someone else's injury is my bit of luck :(

Terrible
I'm only getting to skate for myself once or twice a week, which is just not enough, but I have to get myself out of my house and moved!
Still struggling mentally with three turns, both FO and FI. I'm back to doing them two footed, but I think this time it may really help, as I have some new perspective on it.

teriffic
My power pulls are actually getting better and better. Today I learned how to change feet, which is part of the pattern.

Both F and B cross strokes are also doing very nicely, and coach complimented the B ones! Thank goodness I have a few moves that aren't falling apart and that I can still enjoy.

TashaKat
11-19-2003, 02:22 AM
TERRIFIC

I have found a new coach and have my first lesson on 3rd December ..... I have yet to find a Dance coach though!

x

melanieuk
11-19-2003, 05:11 AM
Yippee, glad for you!! :)

Mrs Redboots
11-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by TashaKat
TERRIFIC

I have found a new coach and have my first lesson on 3rd December ..... I have yet to find a Dance coach though!

x Oh, brilliant! We won't be at Dance Club that night, but we might well start coming again in the New Year, we'll see. Hope you start to love the sport again.