View Full Version : I passed!!!!

NickiT
11-11-2003, 05:28 AM
I want to share with you that I took three skating tests this morning and I passed them all. I had applied to take my NISA Level 2 Elements and Free tests but I had to take my Level 1 Elements test too as I had taken the old Novice test before the test structure changed.

When I arrived at the rink the atmosphere was so tense. The field moves tests were being done and loads of skaters were asked to do re-skates.

Eventually we got to the warm-up and I had to do one warm-up for the two elements tests. I tried to jump in the warm-up but my legs were like jelly so I had to calm down and try again. I got there in the end!

I got called on to do the Level 1 Elements test and everything went well apart from missing a step in my step sequence, but it didn't matter as only I knew! I got called over to the judges and they told me I'd passed and shook my hand. They also complimented me on my spin.

I had to wait for one skater to do her test before going back on to do Level 2 Elements. I did everything OK. My backspin wasn't one of my best but it was OK, and I did a really good sit spin. I passed and they told me my sit spin was wonderful!

I had a bit of a gap before warm-up for the Level 2 Free Test. The warm-up went well and I started my programme but my beginning went a bit funny so I had to quickly sort myself out but once I'd done a good sit spin I relaxed into it. I was very pleased to be told I'd passed without a re-skate on any of the tests too. Also one of the judges told me she loved my music and asked about it!

So I'm one very happy skater right now. As always, all the stress, nerves and worry beforehand was worth it because I feel such a great sense of achievement now!

Nicki

dani
11-11-2003, 05:42 AM
Congrats!!!!

Hugs!
Danielle

twinkle
11-11-2003, 05:48 AM
Well done, you skated really well!

I passed my field moves test too, even though I was the only one to actually fall in any of the tests :roll:

Justine_R
11-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Way to go!!

NickiT
11-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by twinkle
Well done, you skated really well!

I passed my field moves test too, even though I was the only one to actually fall in any of the tests :roll:

Congratulations to you too. You skated really well too! Just glad that's it on the testing front for a little while now!!!

Nicki

skaternum
11-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Yay!!! :!:

garyc254
11-11-2003, 07:45 AM
VERY COOL FOR BOTH NickiT & twinkle!!!!! 8-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D

Mrs Redboots
11-11-2003, 08:31 AM
Well done Nicki and Twinkle! I am sure, knowing both of you, that you both skated really, really well..... But if there's a nicer feeling in the world than when the head judge sticks his or her clammy paw out to be shaken, I don't know what it is!

backspin
11-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Yay for both of you! Eat some chocolate & treat yourself! (chocolate is my answer for everything) :lol: :lol: :D

dbny
11-11-2003, 08:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to both NickiT and Twinkle!

Black Sheep
11-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Yessss!!!!! 8-) :D 8-) :D 8-)

batikat
11-11-2003, 09:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
to Nicki and to Twinkle too.

Nicki you skated great and we all had faith in you even if you weren't so confident. Poor Nicki had all the trauma of lost test papers and then finding out only days before the test she had to skate the level 1 elements too.
Well done!!!
(I was there to see my son skate and he passed all his tests too!!)

icenut84
11-11-2003, 12:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS NickiT and Twinkle!! WTG :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

PattyP
11-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Congratulations! :D

Three in one day, that's impressive!!!

96.23??
11-11-2003, 04:10 PM
That's awesome!! CONGRATS!!!

jazzpants
11-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Congrats to NickiT and Twinkle!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TashaKat
11-12-2003, 02:06 AM
YAY!! Well done you two :)

I agree, waiting for that paw to come over the side of the barrier is THE most traumatic bit! It's pathetic but we always wait to see if they put their pen down (usually a sign!). I remember on my (old stream, proper) Bronze Dance that I was ok while I was skating but skating like a leaf stood holding my coaches hand waiting for the verdict! I'd almost like to wait for the verdict in the post ;)

x

NickiT
11-12-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by TashaKat
YAY!! Well done you two :)

I agree, waiting for that paw to come over the side of the barrier is THE most traumatic bit! It's pathetic but we always wait to see if they put their pen down (usually a sign!). I remember on my (old stream, proper) Bronze Dance that I was ok while I was skating but skating like a leaf stood holding my coaches hand waiting for the verdict! I'd almost like to wait for the verdict in the post ;)

x

This is so true!! After I skated my Free test I returned to my coach and because I wasn't called back to the judges that instant I asked my coach why they were taking so long. She thought it was hysterical because I'd barely finished the test!!! It's just that that bit of waiting is so hard!!! Needless to say I hardly had to wait more than a few seconds and as I approached the barrier, the hand was being prepared to come over and be shaken!!!!

Nicki

sk8er1964
11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Way to go to both NickiT and Twinkle!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Way to go and congrats nickt and twinkle