View Full Version : Preliminary Freeskate Music !

Justine_R
11-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Please help!
I need a good site where i can download preliminary freeskate music!

Its is really important because my coach has put it up me to find some music that I like!

If you have any suggestions that would be great because i really need the help!

96.23??
11-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Maybe you could ask for suggestions on music ideas, and then download them from music programs like Kazaa lite.

Justine_R
11-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Ok well i need some music suggestions please i am desperate!

Mrs Redboots
11-11-2003, 08:29 AM
What sort of music do you want? It's no good just saying "freeskate music", because that covers nearly as many genres of music as there are music, with the sole exception of vocal!

Do you like to skate to classical, to middle-of-the-road, to movie soundtracks, to jazz, to hip-hop, to ska, to reggae, to punk????? Unless we know a little more, we can't make recommendations.

plinko
11-11-2003, 08:34 AM
TV themes are hugely popular for preliminary music in the past 2 - 3 years, go to the local library and see if they have any of those compilation CD's of TV themes. Guitar is also popular, like Jessie Cook.

Think age appropriate also, cute boppy music if you're 6, something more dramatic if you're 16. Remember, judges have heard it all and familiar sometimes can be better. You've only got a minute and a half, so if you're older, don't worry about fast slow fast unless you can skate FAST fast FAST.

Justine_R
11-11-2003, 02:16 PM
I really like movie sound tracks i think they are great!I also like jazz and classical.

jp1andOnly
11-11-2003, 02:35 PM
sorry, still to vague to answer. Go search online at a site like Kaaza and type in movie titles. You should be able to download some music and narrow down your search.

Not even going to mention classical and jazz as there are thousands and thousands of artists and oodles of pieces. Pick a composer and then try listening to some of the music and see what you think. Once you know what style you like than it is easier to answer.

dorvalskater1
11-12-2003, 03:20 PM
some stuff I have used for prelim... Little Women, Man in the Iron Mask, Chocolat, Hook. These all have some great selections, fast and slow. Have fun!

96.23??
11-12-2003, 03:40 PM
The Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack has some AMAZING stuff on it, type in "Pirates of the Caribbean" on Kazaa and you should find some great stuff.

Justine_R
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions,keep em comming!

Elsy2
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Agree on listening to the soundtrack from Pirates of the C. I think Seabiscuit might have had some nice skatable music too. But it's been awhile since I saw it, so I can't recall too much about it.

Pirates is such a popular movie, I think you'll see quite a few skaters using the music in the coming year. Still, if it moves you, go ahead and use it!

Wanted to add, my daughter's intermediate long was to "Hook". We loved this music.