View Full Version : first adult competition

sk8clean
11-10-2003, 06:49 PM
I skated this past weekend in my first USFSA competition! It was the best time I have ever had skating.I had to go coachless, which made controlling the nerves a little hard, but the other skaters were so nice and supportive. There was one really bad thing. The rink was so so so cold!!! Once the kids got done who was skating before my group everyone in the audience herded out of the arena like it was on fire. The only people in the audience was the four people there to cheer me on. The first half of my program went great and then I messed up the toe loop and things went south from there. Great news was I did a really nice one foot spin with the foot crossed, the salchow jump and did not fall. I got second out of three competitors! One of the most important things I learned is that age is just a number.The person who beat me was twice my age.

Justine_R
11-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Awww good job!
I got silver in first competion too!
Way to go!

candace
11-10-2003, 07:00 PM
:) Good job. I'm glad that you had a good experience in your first competition. I wish you all the best in the next competiton.:D

NickiT
11-11-2003, 05:31 AM
That's brilliant! Congratulations. I'm glad you had such a great time too!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
11-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Congratulations! May it be the first of many..... the nerves don't get much better, I find, but the friends do!

dbny
11-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Congratulations!

Raine
11-11-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself. That's so important, particularly after all the work you did to prepare yourself for the competition. Good for you!

Raine

dorvalskater1
11-12-2003, 03:23 PM
that is great! I got silver too, my first time in adult comp. the nice thing is the adults (with a few exceptions) are all really supportive, not always the case in regular comp with the kids. That is what I love, the atmosphere.:P

sk8er1964
11-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of competing, sk8clean. Glad you liked it! Hope you get lots of chances to compete - ever think about AN :)? It's a blast!

Michigansk8er
11-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Way to go!!!!! :)