View Full Version : Anyone interested in a fitness/life improvement/training support thread?

Azlynn
11-09-2003, 12:22 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, and am finally posting. :)

Would anyone be interested in an ongoing thread specifically for fitness/improvement/support? I got the idea from comments in various threads that I feel could support a separate thread. There seem to be quite a few of us trying to lose weight, cross train more often, improve flexibility, quit smoking, whatever.

One thread could be a place to consolidate this, for people to post their goals, their progress, and to gain support and encouragement.

We could start off by posting what we're working on... things such as...

quiting smoking
losing 10 pounds
getting a better spiral
cross training with cardio 3 days a week, for 30 minutes
stretching OFTEN to improve spirals, laybacks, etc.
gaining muscle through your middle
etc.

We'd then post as often as we feel, and encourage others in reaching their goals, etc. And just keep the one tidy thread, so it's easy to remember what everyone is working on. :)

Does this sound like a good or dumb idea? It just seems to me that stuff like this tends to get lost in the other threads when it can be a very important part of skating for folks.

Comments? Dumb idea? :oops:

supersk8er
11-09-2003, 01:16 AM
I, personally, think it's a wicked idea...You should run it by Adrian...I'm off the ice injured right now, and it might give me some motivation to get started again in a few weeks...:oops:

Mrs Redboots
11-09-2003, 05:27 AM
I don't think we need run it by Adrian if we don't want a new forum, only a new thread. On the other hand, there's a terrific case to be made for a sub-forum to deal with general fitness issues. I don't know if the moderator of this forum (who is it, I can't remember?) can do that for us.

Justine_R
11-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Hmmm,
Yes i think this would be great!

montanarose
11-09-2003, 05:56 PM
I second Annabel's suggestion that a new forum/sub-forum/whatever be initiated rather than try to handle all these issues in a single thread, which would soon become pages long and somewhat unwieldy to follow. But I personally vote "yes" to the idea, assuming it could be split off from the general on-ice forum.

singerskates
11-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Yes, we should have a sub for spins problems, sub for jumps problems, getting back on ice after injury, strength training, cardio training and so on.