View Full Version : New Skates/Back to Skating update

jp1andOnly
11-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. I posted about my skates before so I'll quickly sum it up. I lost a lot of weight and now that I have a job and can afford it, I decided to go back skating. Adult nationals will be held in BC so I'd thought it would be a good motivator to improve my skills. Because I lost weight, my feet shrank. I went from a 9 shoe to a 7.5. My skates, which were an 8 were miles too big. I put insoles in them this week to see if that would help, but they still felt miles to big.

I caved...I bought new skates!!!!!! My old skates had only been worn about 15-20 times so they werent even broken in. I figured I might get decent money back from them, so I headed to the store just to "browse"

My new skates are Graf Edmonton Specials. I wasn't planning on this route but they fit my feet so perfectly, even without the heat moulding. And get this..I'm now wearing a size 6 skate!!! I can't get them till next week since it isn't pay day until then. I'm excited though I will be poor for a couple of weeks. I think its a good trade off. ;)

The money that I will get off my old skates can be used towards store credit. The lady said they would seel fairly quickly cause they are practically brand new and they are a bigger size. I'll use that money towards a skating dress. So I guess that means I'm officially going to try for the adult competition in March. YIKES!!!

Justine_R
11-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Go jp1andonly!
Thats great!
But is is a shae you had only worn yor old skates 10-15 times!What a shame but hey that makes up for it with losing weight.
Congrats and enjoy the skating season and your new boots ( and your new dress....hopefully)8-) 8-) 8-)

dbny
11-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Thanks for sharing such great news with us! Congrats on your new skates and new size too. I hope you'll post a link to show us your dress when you get it.

Justine_R
11-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Definitly Link a picture of your new dress when you get it so we can all be jealous....:D

plinko
11-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Oh, someone got bitten by the skating bug (again) isn't it great! I hope that you can get back all your skills quick and compete. What are you going to do about coaching, ice time and all those other expensive things?

jp1andOnly
11-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by plinko
Oh, someone got bitten by the skating bug (again) isn't it great! I hope that you can get back all your skills quick and compete. What are you going to do about coaching, ice time and all those other expensive things?

Let's see..I have enough money in the budget (thanks to Christmas money upcoming) to pay for my ice time. I'll only be skating 2-3 times a week. I know one day there will be no coach. It's an adult session but none of the club coaches are available. I'll just pay for buy on which is pretty cheap. It may mean no new shoes or new outfits all the time, but I can do it.

Justine_R
11-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Well I think You need the Icetime and the coaching first before you can have the skates and dresses!8-)

After all without the skates and dresses you couldnt skate could you?

plinko
11-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Heh, according to my daughter, skating is ALL about the dress.

Justine_R
11-09-2003, 03:35 PM
True True, Its all good.

96.23??
11-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Congrats on getting back on the ice, your new skates, and hopefully your new dress!!! :D

p.s. you'll love the grafs, they're amazing!

who
11-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Jp,
Congratulations! I have the Graf Edmonton Specials as well (which didn't needed to be moulded either, but I did, just to see....) you'll love them! Did you get rhinestones in the back ribbing? I have three "diamond" looking ones, which has all the kids at my rink jealous!

What blades do you have? (I have MK Pro, but will be getting phantoms mid-next year...)

Well done JP, welcome back to the wonderful world of the ice!