View Full Version : Skating is like a drug

danibellerika
11-07-2003, 02:31 PM
I got my new boots wednesday after waiting forEVER for them to come in(at least it felt like it). I took them for a test drive and they kinda hurt, but that was expected. I'll break them in eventually. Thursday I had my offical lessons which was really fun and I litterally became a better skater than I was that Wednesday. It's interesting what progress you can make in 2 hours. I realized that what i was doing while going backwards all those other times were swizzles. But now I can actually SKATE backwards. Also I learn to gain speed going forward and then turn and use that same speed gliding backwards too w/o having to stroke. I'm still working on my stopping skid but I think I'll have it down after another session or two. But yeah, throughout all the pain, I wish I could be on the ice right now, but I can't:( .

Justine_R
11-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Yaa good for you!
Be the best that you can be!
I have a story similar to yours too.When i bought my new skates i thought that i was a better skater too.But then i found out that it was the blade, the blade that i had used before wasnt strong enough to hold what i was doing now! So i got my new boot and blade and i felt that i was in heaven!

Ahhhhhh what wonderful feeling.

Black Sheep
11-11-2003, 09:23 AM
When I got my new boots last spring, I felt like a whole new skater! Also, when I went to the Utah comp. this past weekend, my friend told me about her K-Pick blades. She said they make a huge difference in her toe jumps! I'll have to ask my coach about those. 8-)

danibellerika
11-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's amazing the improvement I've made just over this weekend!:D

I hear some people actually DON'T like K-pick blades so definately ask around about that.

Justine_R
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Way to go!