View Full Version : "Lutz Kilian"--can't even believe it.....

backspin
11-04-2003, 01:13 PM
I did a general google search for "Kilian", because I'm starting to work on that dance & just wanted to see what kind of info was out there on it--see if I could find any good tips!

Amazingly, it came up with this link:
Lutz Kilian (http://www.econ.lsa.umich.edu/~lkilian/) . this is the NAME of a person, and the link is to his bio page for the university where he's a professor!!! How in the world did he get a name like that, and then how is it possible he didn't become a figure skater?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schmeck
11-04-2003, 07:33 PM
LOL!

Maybe he just had a skating fanatic for a parent? :lol:

Schmeck, tempted to email him to see if he knows anything about a lutz, or kilian

dbny
11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
:lol: My daughter once named two pet mice "Lutz" and "Axel". Unfortunately, they died fairly soon after she got them, so no more skating names for pets.

Jade
11-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Hey LMBO very funny!
Maybe this man came from a long line of figure skaters!:D

Mrs Redboots
11-06-2003, 10:01 AM
The surname "Lutz" is very common in German-speaking parts of the world; when my daughter was an au pair in Switzerland a few years ago, her neighbours were called it. They were vintners, and made the most delicious wine I've ever drunk, but that's beside the point! Anyway, we saw at least one cafe called "Lutz" while driving through Austrian small towns this holiday - I think it belonged to a disco and wasn't open for lunch, or we'd have stopped at it, just because.....

I also know at least one man called Axel - and a woman called Axelle, and yes, they are both skaters!!!