View Full Version : Wfashington FSC New Years Adult Invitational

jenlyon60
11-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Please visit the Washington FSC home page (http://www.erols.com/wfsc) and check about halfway down the right column for the announcement and entry form (both Word and PDF) for the 3rd annual Washington FSC New Years Adult Invitational...

Hope to see as many adult skaters as possible at the competition...

(Yes I know the info is buried on the web page...I am going to e-mail our webguy and suggest that he make a separate web page for the Adult Invitational as well as a separate web page for the Pro-Am Dance Classic)

LWalsh
11-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks Jenny.

I'll be there skating Silver I, FS, Moves, and Spins. I haven't decided about compulsory yet. Who else will be going? Dani, are you going again this year?

For anyone who hasn't gone yet, it's a well attended, and well run competition in an area with very reasonable hotel rates.

Lara

dani
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
I will!! I am probably going to skate Silver Moves, Bronze compulsary and free and pre-silver dance. I haven't decided for sure yet. Hopefully I will also be unveiling my first ever interp!! But this year, I have aged up, so I am skating II for everything that they split up.

Jen - what are you going to skate this year?

ps) Jen - I am finally going to be able to take my bronzes next week! Think happy thoughts!

jenlyon60
11-04-2003, 02:32 PM
:D :D :D HAPPY THOUGHTS To Dani on her Bronze Dances. Nice neat feet and tight clean on-time 3-turns and mohawks!!! :D :D :D

I don't know yet what/if I will be skating in the competition. Depends on what the status of my right knee is (I need to find out the results of my MRI and figure out what's next...)

But I will probably be helping as a volunteer somehow...

skaternum
11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
I'll be there, skating in Silver II freeskate and Faux Pairs. This is a fun competition -- it's become part of our annual "skating season." I think my club will have about 5 people coming, maybe more.

Terri C
11-04-2003, 05:53 PM
I will be there this year- doing Pre Bronze Ladies freeskate and Bronze MIF!

Debbie S
11-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by jenlyon60
I don't know yet what/if I will be skating in the competition. Depends on what the status of my right knee is (I need to find out the results of my MRI and figure out what's next...)

Did you hurt your knee too, Jen? I had a bad fall on my left knee while doing back crossovers a week ago Sunday. I've never experienced anything like this before in my life. It swelled up to about 3 times its normal size (and I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep that night). The next day, I had x-rays (negative) and saw a doctor who drained it and sent me for an MRI, which I had on Friday (what a scary experience - and I'm not even claustrophobic!). I go back to the doctor this coming Monday.

I have a much better range of motion now, the swelling has pretty much subsided (I'm taking Vioxx - me and Dorothy H.:)), but I'm still having problems standing on my left foot and bending, and pushing off - I've been trying to simulate skating moves in my living room. And I do miss skating. I'm supposed to compete at the Adult Open in Wilmington in a couple of weeks,but I don't think I'll be able to - but I'll see what the doctor says next week.

Good luck with your knee, Jen! And good luck to Dani on her Bronze dances!

I may compete at the Invitational - even if I don't compete, I'll still be there to watch. :)

jenlyon60
11-04-2003, 08:41 PM
I originally twisted my right knee back in April or May working on the rocker foxtrot mohawk with my coach. Solo wasn't the problem, it was the pair.

Skated through the problems until after the WFSC Pro-Am, then took a couple weeks off. Started skating fairly frequently during the summer and it started acting up again. About a month ago, started making grinding noises when I did stairs (I live in a townhouse) and hurting enough that I was limping at least half the time. So I went to the doc, who sent me to MRI. That was a bit over a week ago.

Pre-MRI tentative diagnosis was torn meniscus, bakers cyst and chrondomalacia.

dani
11-05-2003, 05:15 AM
That sounds scary to me!! What is the prognosis?

Hugs!
Danielle

LoopLoop
11-05-2003, 07:40 AM
I'll be there, skating silver II freestyle and spins. Maybe compulsories, but that's doubtful.

flo
11-05-2003, 01:49 PM
I'll be there for Interpretive and perhaps the silver compulsories.

sk8pics
11-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Debbie S
I had a bad fall on my left knee while doing back crossovers a week ago Sunday. I've never experienced anything like this before in my life.
... I'm supposed to compete at the Adult Open in Wilmington in a couple of weeks,but I don't think I'll be able to - but I'll see what the doctor says next week.

Oh, no! Debbie, I met you at South Atlantics with Haribobo. I'm the adult skater from Delaware. I was hoping to see you skate next weekend! But maybe I'll see you there anyway. I hope you are feeling better!

Pat

manleywoman
11-06-2003, 11:03 AM
I'll most likely be there too...Masters Ladies! A bunch of us are skating this one as a warm up to Sectionals.

erdehoff
11-06-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm hoping to do the freeskate in the Young Adult category, but I'm not sure which level I'd be at -- right now I'd be Pre-Bronze, but I'm not sure if I'll pass my Preliminary Freestyle test in time to skate Bronze. One way or the other, I'll be there.

I haven't competed since I was about 12! Yikes!

Debbie S
11-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sk8pics
Oh, no! Debbie, I met you at South Atlantics with Haribobo. I'm the adult skater from Delaware. I was hoping to see you skate next weekend! But maybe I'll see you there anyway. I hope you are feeling better!

Pat

Thanks, Pat! I'll see what the doctor says Monday and I'll be sure to keep everyone here posted. My coach remains optimistic - we'll see. I feel bad about the DE comp b/c I'm doing the team event and I hate to let the others down (and the fact that there are only 3 of us means that if I can't go, the team won't have enough people, unless my coach can convince the organizers to let her replace me). Hopefully, I'll get good news. I'm getting antsy w/o skating!:)

It was great to meet you at Regionals. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to DE, or at least to D.C in January.