View Full Version : Skating Angels

dani
11-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone!! It has been almost a year since we all banded together to get Justine her blades. Thinking of that brought a smile to my face about how we as a community were able to help. Is anyone still in touch with Beth and can get us an update? I would love to know how Justine and her brother are making out.

Hugs!
Danielle

sk8er1964
11-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by dani
Hi everyone!! It has been almost a year since we all banded together to get Justine her blades. Thinking of that brought a smile to my face about how we as a community were able to help. Is anyone still in touch with Beth and can get us an update? I would love to know how Justine and her brother are making out.

Hugs!
Danielle

I asked her about Justine last summer. Her reply is on page 3.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=386&perpage=15&highlight=justine&pagenumber=3

garyc254
11-04-2003, 07:58 AM
It's sad how the loss of a father can effect a young family.

I hope the best for Justine and her family.

blurrysarah
11-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Could someone give us newbies a little run down on this story?

garyc254
11-04-2003, 09:42 AM
I remember this much.

Last year at about this time, one of our posters, Beth, mentioned a young girl, Justine, at her rink whose family was in need. The father had cancer and couldn't work. The mother wasn't working and was caring for the father, Justine, and Justine's younger brother.

Beth was looking for used blades for this girl as her current pair were shot. The members of this forum started a fund drive with many contributing.

By the time Christmas came, enough money had been raised to buy Justine new boots and blades plus enough extra to get her and her brother team jackets. It was a terrific outpouring of generosity from so many. Besides money, I believe several other skating items were donated, too.

Unfortunately, Justine's father passed away shortly after that.

melanieuk
11-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Wow is that a year already?
:??

dani
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
I was reading about this at Christmas last year, so yes, it has been about a year!!