View Full Version : Blade Guard question

Aussie Willy
07-17-2002, 06:53 PM
I would like to know who makes those two piece blade guards that are held together with springs.

Basically I just want to get the springs. I recently had to buy a pair of blade guards just to get the springs because I like my current guards so much. However now I have a pair of guards without springs that I would like to sell.

I know I could get the springs from a hardware store but they were not very good - they just weren't strong enough.

Anyone able to help.

melanieuk
07-18-2002, 04:14 AM
I'm in the UK so this will help you not a jot, but you could contact these suppliers and ask them?

http://www.topskate.co.uk/acatalog/Topskate2001_Deluxe_Split_Guards_203.html

Can't you just buy a new set - the same colours as your old favourites? :wink:

Aussie Willy
07-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks Melanie - I will check it out.

Unfortunately the range of colours in blade guards is very limited in Australia.

BTW - mine are bronze coloured. I got them in the US in 98 and no-one else at my rink has the same colour. So that is the main reason I like them so much as well as reminding me of my US trip.

CanAmSk8ter
07-19-2002, 10:53 AM
http://www.rainbosportsshop.com usually has a pretty big selection of colors (or colours). I wouldn't be surprised if they had the bronze ones.

Slightly OT here, you've had the same guards for four years? I'm impressed. I always lose mine or have them taken, although I'm better about not losing them than I was when I was younger, and I now train mostly at a smaller training center where chances are if I left them someone would know they were mine and hang on to them for me. I've had my current pair since March of '01, which I think is a record for me.

Mrs Redboots
07-20-2002, 06:16 AM
[quote:43d16795b2="CanAmSk8ter"]Slightly OT here, you've had the same guards for four years? I'm impressed. I always lose mine or have them taken, although I'm better about not losing them than I was when I was younger, and I now train mostly at a smaller training center where chances are if I left them someone would know they were mine and hang on to them for me. I've had my current pair since March of '01, which I think is a record for me.[/quote:43d16795b2]

I, too, am impressed! Actually, I have had my current pair for more years than I care to remember - I might even have had them when AussieWilly bought hers. But my husband keeps leaving his behind when he skates at competitions or RIDLs, and he bought a new pair only last week at Guildford. What is the betting that he leaves them behind either at Bristol or at Gillingham, both places where we are skating tomorrow?! The trouble is, we tend only to wear our guards when we are visiting other rinks (I know, but life is too short.....).....