View Full Version : Six-O Skatewear

luna_skater
10-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Has anyone dealt with them quite a bit? I really like the merchandise on their website. What are their prices like? We were looking at getting a basic spandex bodice with a chiffon dance skirt for our synchro team, and the price was going to be approximately $110. Is that low, because we were a team, or about average? What about custom orders for individuals? I'd like to get a nicer dress than I have now to do my dance tests in. I was thinking of THIS (http://www.sixoskatewear.com/vl265.html) in black with a nuvo dance skirt with a sculpted hem: Skirt styles (http://www.sixoskatewear.com/nuvo.html). Anyone want to take a stab at how much something like that might cost? (In Canadian $$).

skatesnrides
10-30-2003, 05:54 AM
Hi Luna,

I bought a Six-O dance dress last year with a nuvo dance skirt for my tango dance test & I absolutely love it. I've had three custom dresses made & this dress fits better than all of them. I did buy it from a local dealer, however, not directly from the company. It has a black velvet bodice with 3/4 length black velvet sleeves, black over bright pink chiffon flounces on the sleeves & black over pink chiffon skirt layers. I think it was about $140 USD so I would imagine your dress would be close to that but I'm not sure what the Canadian $$ would be.

love2sk8
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey...I've dealt with Six-0 a few times...I'm pretty sure that you can get disounted rates if you order a certain amount (for example, a Synch team). The price you mentioned seems pretty low, so that may be with the discount. Also, the dress will cost around 175-200$ Can. give or take a bit. They also allow you to pick different colors to go with different fabrics, so in a way it's custom. They make all their dresses differently though, so if you like a specific dress, the trim on another one of the same may be different, it all depends. Good luck with this!

LWalsh
10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
I love their dresses, they fit really well and they are reasonable. One warning though...they are very very SLOW. Make sure you order your dress well in advance.

jazzpants
10-31-2003, 02:31 AM
My dress for my upcoming competition is from Six-O Skatewear and with the stones I put in, it looked reasonably nice (for someone who has NEVER stoned a dress before.) :mrgreen: Stones (no labor cost for stoning the dress...) and dress together came to about $115 altogether.

Yes, I did hear that you have to get your dress ahead of time. However, I will add that my dress came within TWO WEEKS! 8O (Business was slower around that time. I also asked for it to be rushed in.) Thank goodness my rink's pro shop is a reseller of the Six-O line, which saves me even more time! :D I personally would play it safe and say 6-8 weeks, in case you hit the skating season for new dresses, though.

luna_skater
10-31-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks for all your feedback! There are a couple of shops in my city that deal with Six-O. Would I be better off to order through them as opposed to ordering directly from the company?

jazzpants
10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by luna_skater
Thanks for all your feedback! There are a couple of shops in my city that deal with Six-O. Would I be better off to order through them as opposed to ordering directly from the company? Six-O does NOT sell directly!!! You have to go through their resellers (shops.)

rinsk
11-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I think they sell directly to synchro teams. You can inquire if you can place the individual dress order with the team order. Otherwise, I think you have to go through a retailer...