View Full Version : Younger adults included in Columbus, OH comp.

Elsy2
10-29-2003, 01:55 PM
My coach sent me the application for the Holiday competition in Columbus, OH in December. I haven't been to this in a few years...

But, thought some of the younger adults might be interested, as anyone age 19 and up can compete at the adult levels.

http://sk8stuffmore.com/comps/03/03columbus.pdf

It runs December 6 & 7th......be forwarned this rink is cold in December with very hard ice!

CoolbugSuz
10-29-2003, 09:53 PM
I can vouch for how cold this rink is. I took some group lessons up there about a year ago, and it was very cold in there. I guess the building probably doesn't have the insulation and heating system that some of the newer rinks have.

Suz

SDFanatic
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
I was forwarned also, since I'll be heading down there for my first competition!

Course I was told nobody entered in the Mens Adult Pre-Bronze last year, so my event may be cancelled, or skate against someone who's been skating a lifetime! (one of the reasons someone I know isn't going down there)

Steven

CoolbugSuz
10-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Wow, you're going to compete, Steven? I might have to come down and watch! I've never been to any local competitions. God knows I'm not competent enough to skate in a competition, so I might as well watch those who are! LOL

Suz

SDFanatic
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Yes, I'm going to give it a try, it's not that far away, and maybe, just maybe, I'll know how to do everything I need to do my program by then!

Silly coach has me doing things I haven't done at all and it's only 5 weeks away! Let alone putting four jumps at the end of my program!

I most likely will be heading over to watch the Rising Stars one and see everything that goes on, as well as seeing the local people who are doing it.

Steven

sk8er1964
10-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Good luck at your first comp, Steven!

I hear it is a fun one. Be sure to give us a report :D .